Learning Group -VIJAYWADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRAY27

Below is the important post of ST da, on trading tight range market's

"When Not To Trade Is Very Important Trading Decision

Last few days have been sideways range days and the up moves as well as down moves are very fragile and they are not holding up. I have received many pms, phone calls from traders who are either trading their own methods or trading on calls given by others . And as these systems are mostly trend following systems they are hitting stoplosses regularly . Some call services have had 8-12 stops hit consecutively on full quantity, thus seriously damaging the trading account of some traders.

Trend following methods need sustained trends in the timeframe which we trade. Though the market trends only 25-30 % time, there is a trend on larger or smaller timeframe. Trend following systems cannot make money in sideways markets where trends are not durable tossing us in both the directions.

I have done some posts about how to know whether the market is trending or not. A trader has to understand the structure of the market he is trading and mindlessly following trend following systems in sideways, small range markets saying that " Descipline and Faith on the system will make money finally" is like banging our heads against a wall and saying if we do it with discipline and faith,one day the wall will break.. It may put our heads out of shape.

In such markets it is better to step back and not to trade till the market is in the sideways range....or trading smaller lots is very essential in preserving the capital and being able to keep the gun powder dry so that when the market comes out of the range and starts trending we can go with all guns firing.Large and continuous losses also put pressure on the mind of the trader and I really wonder whether after 10-12 continuous losses even most " disciplined" trader also will be able to take 13th and 14 th trade.......everyone should ask this question to our own minds....After sideways phase a trend will always come....it is much more cyclical in nature...so be financially fit to take full advantage of the trending phase...

So preserve your capital, trade small in sideways markets.....dont do "Financial Harakiri" in the name of discipline. Remember that " When not to trade is a very important trading decision too "

Smart_trade

XRAY27

hi xray27,
being OTA grad u cant miss the trade & enjoy ur a/c size increrase.
regards from a fellow
Enjoying Sir !!!!! locking the profit !!!! :clap::clap:

What is this OTA grad ??? :confused::confused:

Last edited:

niftyoption

I think Online Trading Academy Graduate
No...YoutubeFan ji & Oilman5 ji ...

He is not a OTA Student ...

he is more than that ....

he is far far advanced than those Academies :D:D:D

XRAY27

I think Online Trading Academy Graduate
I'm not from any academy !!! ...iam thankful to all the authors of some finest books i studied on TA
and also to all the posts of this forum which helped me to increase my profit !!!

Last edited:

XRAY27

No...YoutubeFan ji & Oilman5 ji ...

He is not a OTA Student ...

he is more than that ....

he is far far advanced than those Academies :D:D:D
Sirji,

More then that !!! na na...iam a simple trader !!!

XRAY27

RCOM

At last it closed above 100 EMA.now it seems to be a pull back and can buy above 121 level

Status
Not open for further replies.