M6 - Man, Mind, Money, Markets, Method & Madness

DSM

Quite agree..... Experience is a greate master which teaches us something new each day.... Today, I learnt that aFter every trade I must make sure to check and cancel pending SL. Let a profitable exit of 4K turn to a loss of 2k because of a SL limit was not cancelled in Silver. :( Actual profit was 6k. lost 2k as RKSV's NEST ask for password at the time of login and again once during making the first trade after login. Due to high volatility after NPF data, the time I put in the password, cost me 2K... And 4K for not cacnelling SL, which got triggered later on an exited position. Only consolation was that had some other trades in Silver which made up for the loss. :(

Whoever thinks trading is a bed of roses has not blown up his account yet.

And I can guarantee that without proper guidance he will blow up atleast once, that's the minimum eligibility to understand, what was written in the books was still limited knowledge

toocool

Quite agree..... Experience is a greate master which teaches us something new each day.... Today, I learnt that aFter every trade I must make sure to check and cancel pending SL. Let a profitable exit of 4K turn to a loss of 2k because of a SL limit was not cancelled in Silver. :( Actual profit was 6k. lost 2k as RKSV's NEST ask for password at the time of login and again once during making the first trade after login. Due to high volatility after NPF data, the time I put in the password, cost me 2K... And 4K for not cacnelling SL, which got triggered later on an exited position. Only consolation was that had some other trades in Silver which made up for the loss. :(
Lol, it's okay it happens, I have done it too :)

Not offensive.

Its the nature of the truth that is itself offensive /hurtful :)
No, I do not think hurtful when it comes to blow up the first account, even I haven't until now blown up any account of mine. But Sir DSM has an idea about what I do, so he surely knows why. Sir, have an nice weekend.

amitrandive

Here is a compilation of a few quotes from some of the top 25 richest people in the world.
http://www.daily-inspirational.com/top-billionaires-famous-quotes/

Hey, I never told anyone to buy my stock! Besides, no one is less happy than I am with the performance of Microsoft stock! I’ve lost tens of billions of dollars this year-if you check, you’ll see that that’s more than most people make in a lifetime!
Bill Gates – 2009 Net Worth: $40 billion – Microsoft Founder

I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.
Warren Buffett – 2009 Net Worth: $37 billion – Investor/Stock Market Guru

I believe that if a businessman knows how to efficiently manage his business, he should be able to manage a foundation efficiently. It’s not a question of giving money away, it’s a question of going somewhere and doing something and making sure the basic costs are paid…I’m channeling resources to try to solve problems as quickly as possible.
Carlos Slim Helu – 2009 Net Worth: $35 billion – Communications Businessman and Investor

A corporation’s primary goal is to make money. Government’s primary role is to take a big chunk of that money and give it to others.
Larry Ellison – 2009 Net Worth: $22.5 billion – Cofounder and CEO of Oracle

I’m a bit tight with money, but so what? I look at the money I’m about to spend on myself and ask myself if IKEA’s customers can afford it.
Ingvar Kamprad – 2009 Net Worth: $22 billion – Founder of IKEA

The typical human life seems to be quite unplanned, undirected, unlived, and unsavored. Only those who consciously think about the adventure of living as a matter of making choices among options, which they have found for themselves, ever establish real self-control and live their lives fully.
Karl Albrecht – 2009 Net Worth: $21.5 billion – Co-Founder of Supermarket Giant Aldi

I think that our fundamental belief is that for us growth is a way of life and we have to grow at all times.
Mukesh Ambani – 2009 Net Worth: $19.5 billion – Chairman & Managing Director of Reliance Industries

Everyone experiences tough times, it is a measure of your determination and dedication how you deal with them and how you can come through them.
Lakshmi Mittal – 2009 Net Worth: $19.3 billion – Owner of the world’s largest steel company ArcelorMittal

As kids, we all worked for the company in one way or another. I got to work behind the candy counter or run the popcorn stand when I was five years old. The business was part of life and it was always included in the dinner conversation. We heard a lot about the debt it took to open new stores and I worried about it. I remember confiding to my girlfriend one time – crying – and saying, ‘I don’t know what we’re going to do. My daddy owes so much money and he won’t quit opening stores.”
Alice Walton – 2009 Net Worth: $17.6 billion – Daughter of Walmart Pioneer Sam Walton

I think in business, you have to learn to be patient. Maybe I’m not very patient myself. And I think what I’ve learned the most is be able to wait for something and get it when it’s the right time.
Bernard Arnault – 2009 Net Worth: $16.5 billion – Chairman of LVMH (Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton)

We are approaching a new age of synthesis. Knowledge cannot be merely a degree or a skill.. it demands a broader vision, capabilities in critical thinking and logical deduction without which we cannot have constructive progress.
Li Ka shing – 2009 Net Worth $16.2 billion – Hutchison Whampoa Chairman

Getting the job done has been the basis for the success my company has achieved.
Michael Bloomberg – 2009 Net Worth $16 billion – Founder of Bloomberg Financial Media Company and New York Mayor

The role of business is to produce goods and services that make people’s lives better. And if you have to get a subsidy — if you have to force other people to support your profit — you’re not doing that. You’re not making them better off; you’re making them worse off.
Charles Koch – 2009 Net Worth $14 billion – Head of Koch Industries

“They’re real life demonstrations of the biblical adage ‘If you give a man a fish, he’ll eat for a day. If you teach the man to fish, he’ll eat for a lifetime.’”
David Koch – 2009 Net Worth $14 billion – Executive Vice President, Koch Industries

If I’m going to do something, I do it spectacularly or I don’t do it at all.
Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud – 2009 Net Worth $13.3 billion – Entrepreneur and International Investor

It’s through curiosity and looking at opportunities in new ways that we’ve always mapped our path at Dell. There’s always an opportunity to make a difference.
Michael Dell – 2009 Net Worth $12.3 billion – Founder and Chairman of Dell Computers

toocool

No, I do not think hurtful when it comes to blow up the first account, even I haven't until now blown up any account of mine. But Sir DSM has an idea about what I do, so he surely knows why. Sir, have an nice weekend.
If you have not blown your account then you are not a trader :)

See if you are a privileged person and have someone who guided you from the start then probably you will be fine as far as account blowing is concerned.

The average trader here in traderji is not a lucky one, otherwise he wouldn't have to come on here to talk or learn, if you trade future and options then blown up your account is a must must thing to experience as unless and until you have not done it you have not experienced the full market cycle market keep kicking out the thousands of traders every year and most of them never return. Blowing up your account and still be here in the markets is the sign of understanding the market cycle and making a point that you will learn how not to blow your account for sure.

Btw after blowing up my account 3 times in different percentages, now when I look back I am fine with it, I had no mentor to tell me what to do exactly and how, I think of it as an achievement :)

What do you do and since when that you haven't blown your account?

Last edited:

DSM

Am facing a irritating problem when using Internet explorer. Have tried Googling for solutions, including some updates from Microsoft, tried them, but did not work. The problem happened with I was downloading Ammy, which came along with 'bundled' 'addons' that I disabled. Thereafter the malware will not let me browse or open any page using Internet explorer. So am using Google Chrome. The error I get is this : (basically I guess some malware code has been downloaded on my laptop) What's the best way to go about handling this.

res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#google.co.in,https://www.google.co.in/

Note : Please be cautious when downloading free software/tools. There are a lot of malware and and pop-ups etc that are downloaded as well.