Mutual funds General Discussions

ranj_2k

Re: How to sell mutual fund???

You can redeem the mutual fund by sending the lower portion of statement of account where option is given for additional purchase or redeption. You can send the mutual fund branch office or its registrar in that city. You will get the money within week time. Regarding three year lock in period, If you have invested in any of ELSS scheme of MF, for tax savings purpose there is lock in period of 3 years. You can redeem the same after three years only.

magnet

ohh so only elss has lock ins..no other funds...
And jus sending the receipt thats it.....
No tax deducted jus like stt...or from april onwards its going to start...

Thanks again for the reply

iirc stt is deducted if you redeem the mutual fund whether in short term or long term.

if you are in one of the big cities with facility of direct credit to bank account, and you select your option rightly you can get the money within t+2 days if application is given at amc office / registrars office.

secondly the redemption money will come to your original bank account specific cheque so if you want credit to a new account do not forget to attach a photo copy of balnk cheque of the new account.

I want to ask something regarding mutual fund selling..
I have bought ELSS fund this year ..
I have invested 8K in two ELSS fund on 01/02/2008....
I also want to invest some on those two fund in next.. financial year (2008 April - 2009 March).
Suppose I invest 10 K more on these two fund on 01/10/2008....

My question is "Should I able to sell the whole amount 18K ( some less or more depending upon NAV) in 01/02/2011 ?" or I can only sell 8 K on 02/01/2011 ?"

Plz answer..:)

Re: Selling Mutual Funds

Each additional purchase in existing ELSS Folio will have its own 'lock-in' period of 3 years. In above case you can redeem only 1-2-08's investment on 2-1-2011 & so on.

mr india

Choosing DATE for SIP

Can somebody help me in deciding the best date to choose for SIP among 7th, 10th, 15th and 25th and also please tell me the reason for y u chose that date?

Re: Choosing DATE for SIP

Can somebody help me in deciding the best date to choose for SIP among 7th, 10th, 15th and 25th and also please tell me the reason for y u chose that date?

there is no any correlation of NAVs and date.Investor always like to invest at lowest possible NAV.I think it is mere a chance to get the lowest possible NAV from among the choices of date