Mutual funds General Discussions

Is it always good to invest in two different MFs rather than only in one .I suggest you that if you are new in this mutual fund world then go for SIP(systematic investment plan)
If you want more information then can visit to
www.MFexpert.com
THANKS,
MFadvisor
Hi All,
I want to invest in MFs but only 2-3k per month
With so many mutual funds around, how to select the MFs according to my requirement ?

Is it good to invest in two different MFs rather than only in one ?

Also whome should be contact, I mean if I want to go for HDFC so where should I approch them for MFs

Thanks for any kind of help

Regards
sjoshi

Re: Unit-Linked Insurance Plans (ULIP)

Hi Vicky,
Can u tell me the main criteria for comparing mutual funds within same schemes and also between different schemes.I am new to this industry n keen to learn.

Thanks.

The best zero risk option in the world would be to keep all the cash at your home and lock it up in a safe. But inspite of we go and put our money in the banks. Most of us would not have thought what if banks get bankrupt. Although the RBI has strict guidlines in place for this not to occur, this low risk is still present. But we still put our money safely in the banks savings account Why?

In many banks, deposits over one lakh are not guaranteed. Again there is RBI watching this. But still we go for FD. Why?

Gold has been volatile yet indian households buy crazy amount of gold. Why?

The reason in simple. If money sits idle it loses its value because of inflation. So we take risk and invest to match inflation.

Instruments like equities are used to create wealth in the long run. At the same time market volatility could destroy wealth in the short term. So its important to identify your goal and put money required only for the long term in Equities

Re: Unit-Linked Insurance Plans (ULIP)

Hi Vicky,
Can u tell me the main criteria for comparing mutual funds within same schemes and also between different schemes.I am new to this industry n keen to learn.

Thanks.
Broadly equity funds can be classified as diversified and thematic/ Sectoral.

Diversified can be further clssified based on market cap large cap, mid cap and multi cap.

Multicap can further have a subset oppurtunistic that involves aggressive churn in its portfolio.

Once funds are split along these lines. looking at 2 year, 3 year, 5 year & 10 year return within each category should tell all about the fund