My System - My trades.

VJAY

the obv value depends upon how many days data you have in your pc..i know this as im having 2 pcs 1 in shop and 1 in home..in these 2 pcs whichever data say BNF, CRUDE,SILVER,NG from the same vendor differs from each other.i asked vjkris sir about this.he told this is because difference in number of days of data saved.then i cleared all data and downloaded just 10 days data in both pcs.after that OBV vallue in both pc sync.
Thanks kumudhan clearing the confussion :thumb:

SevenD

I think we should stick with 1 min.. because varunji has traded 1min and knows the IN an OUT of it . ... following the thread many have become adaptable to 1 min esp. for this method....

Switching to 5 Min than to 1 Min and then deciding to take a trade or not .. will be time consuming even if its in seconds.. then why not stick with original..

I agree that Higher time frame is dominant .. but then we will miss out the point of small manageable RISK and the METHOD of BO/BD of obv and price ... at the very moment when it was initiated . i.e 1 min..

if we use 5 Min than why not use 15 min or next higher 30 Min .. ?? it will be more picture then .. isnt it ??

We are already using 30Min and 60Min ribbon for reference ....

I think we would over optimize it ...

" IF it Ain't BROKE dont FIX IT "

Totally my view ..
Before jumping to conclusions and advocating to do this and that, read the post properly, I said this is my way of
doing things. I had a torrid time trading crude and this was my way of dealing with it, With Varunjis method
when price and OBV are in sinc in HTF its more of a positive trade for me.
What works for me will not appeal and work for you or someone else here, Its for each one of us to find our niche and
adapt to ones temperament and trade accordingly. I still do follow Varunji's method its only the
entry that i have tweaked to suit my trading for crude

Vipul_84

Varun ji and other seniors, which all scrips that you trade in MCX? I have seen you discussing about Crude oil, NG, Nickel. Any other scrips using this method? Which are most liquid markets in MCX? Totally new so these question... :)

What is difference between Mini & Micro? I guess it must be lot size. Which of these products are traded with largest volume?

Last edited:

VJAY

Varun ji, which all scrips that you trade in MCX? I have seen you discussing about Crude oil, NG, Nickel. Any other scrips using this method? Which are most liquid markets in MCX? Totally new so these question... :)
Crude is most liquid in MCX

VJAY

Code:
ND = Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1);		
LB = Ref(ND,-1);
Ob = OBV();							
Zero = ValueWhen(LB,Ob);
Plot(Zero,"",colorWhite,styleNoLabel|styleNoRescale|styleStaircase|styleDashed);
Happy :)
Dear Happy bro.
I think some mistake in code...its showing xero line as todays open OBV ...we need ydays OBV close.....or I miss something?

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Dear Happy bro.
I think some mistake in code...its showing xero line as todays open OBV ...we need ydays OBV close.....or I miss something?

Vijay bhai, did you drag and drop the afl to obv pane?, nothing happened when I did that.

Vivek