My System - My trades.

wisp

1 min OBV in BNF at support

P.S. I am only watching OBV live, not trading it yet.

As like earlier you came up with helping us again :)...Thanks happy bro...will check it..

nChecked it ...not plot lines :(...something I miss i think
OK

Try this

Code:
Ob = OBV();
Plot(Ob,"",colorWhite,styleNoTitle|styleThick);
LB = Day()!=Ref(Day(),1);		
Zero = ValueWhen(LB,Ob);	
T = TimeNum();		
T1 = T >= 105900 AND T <=110000;
T2 = T >= 125900 AND T <=130000;
T3 = T >= 142900 AND T <=143000;
Sessions = IIf(T>=142959, ValueWhen(T3,Ob), IIf(T>=125959, ValueWhen(T2,Ob), IIf(T>=105959, ValueWhen(T1,Ob), Zero)));
Plot(Sessions,"",colorLime,styleNoLabel|styleNoRescale|styleStaircase|styleDashed);
Happy :)

Last edited:

VJAY

OK

Try this

Code:
Ob = OBV();
Plot(Ob,"",colorWhite,styleNoTitle|styleThick);
LB = Day()!=Ref(Day(),1);		
Zero = ValueWhen(LB,Ob);	
T = TimeNum();		
T1 = T >= 105900 AND T <=110000;
T2 = T >= 125900 AND T <=130000;
T3 = T >= 142900 AND T <=143000;
Sessions = IIf(T>=142959, ValueWhen(T3,Ob), IIf(T>=125959, ValueWhen(T2,Ob), IIf(T>=105959, ValueWhen(T1,Ob), Zero)));
Plot(Sessions,"",colorLime,styleNoLabel|styleNoRescale|styleStaircase|styleDashed,0,0,0,-5);
Happy :)
ok ..its working :thumb::clapping:

wisp

So how does one initiate a coverage in ones wishlist stock when one gets a buy signal in HTF charts. I start of by selling an in the money put. Say for example if i got a buy signal in Yes Bank at say 1470 then i would sell a 1470 put to start with at 25-30 rupees. The reason being, even if the underlying remains sideways, i will get to keep this 25-30 rupees premium. Second scenario Yes Bank goes up. I make 25-30 rupees and i just might buy an out of the money call of say worth Rs.10 (out of this premium) and get to earn more on this call. Third scenario, Yes bank goes down then i will lose when it goes below 1440-45 (where i can buy for the long term if it is worth my while). I would get to buy it 25-30 rupees cheaper than what it is at present. This strategy is best employed for buying blue chips at cheaper rates.
Varunji, should we look at time at all as in whether we are closer to expiry or not? For HTF, what timeframe should we look at ?

Wisp ji, option selling is always fraught with risk. One must understand that technically one is carrying unlimited risk and limited profits (though that is rarely the case). Theoretically the underlying may go to zero but it does not. One should know the amount one stands to lose if one's SL gets hit. Having said that Options may be sold at the beginning of the series to get maximum premium (which erodes with time due to time decay). But this method is only meant for serious investors chasing one scrip and willing to take delivery of lot size of the underlying. By repeatedly doing this exercise you can really bring your cost of acquisition in true blue chips like say HDFC which do not move much in the whole month.

SevenD

Varun ji,

Want to know if OBV reference points would make an impact in MCX - Crude, NG, and what would they be, taking NYMEX, and other markets into consideration.

Last edited: