My System - My trades.

niftytaurus

Another Trick that i shared in the crude thread was to mark the OBV value in the lowest volume bar (This can be done in any liquid counter like crude/BN etc) in the time frame that you trade. This point really gives good trending moves either way, sometimes both ways. This is a very powerful point for trading. The reason being that the Bulls and the bears could not reach an agreement in price and hence the abnormally low volumes. After this whichever side takes control it remains with him for a good time (A good trend follows) Please validate this yourself. This has not been backtested by me. Please do your own due diligence.
Sir
what do you mean by lowest volume bar? I meant lowest volume comaprison to what? If we consider lowest value till that time but in next candel volume can be lower? so please elobrate it..lowest volume candel?
thanks

NT ji lowest volume is a relative term but with practise you would come to know the low volume bars in your instrument of choice. As a thumb rule just mark the lowest volume bar every couple of hours. This way you would be able to base your trades on the lowest volume bar. The best results are obtained in BN from Lowest Volume bar formed before 12 . And in crude before 1:00 PM

We seem to have got our 2 points as support and resistance of OBV for today. Crude would be more or less sideways between these 2 levels. The Next move would happen when either of these get breached convincingly. ( 11:25 AM and 9:56 PM OBV levels) (1min.chart levels)

john302928

Thanks Backbench ji for drawing my attention to daily charts. As you can see we are also at 36EMA supports in OBV. The last time also we got a good move from these supports.
Dear Varun Kochhar
Could you please share the afl used in the PRICE pane of the below chart. Thanks in advance

http://i64.tinypic.com/20zz42x.png

john302928

In Reliance it is 10:48 AM bar which is the least volume bar today so far. (Currently OBV is above that and till that level is breached, reliance would not be weak for the day)
I suspect it might make a new low for the day today

john302928

Do you expect Banknifty to hit 23K based on OBV. I suspect 22900/23k is due in a day or two