Namaste - My Learning of Trading in Nifty

crown

If I had waited just for 10 minutes more Tourism Finance made a high of 39.25
but because, I was having ample gains, I decided to quit
The movement of Cairn India today, also had some psychological impact on me
which I was thinking of exiting above 350, but could not because the price came down very fast.
Kismat..... bhai...... kismat....

crown

And, this thing has happened twice this week
Earlier it was vakarangee where I exited a 243 while the script made a high of 258

Kismat.... pure... Kismat
I think, I should also analyse this factor of Kismat in share trading
:lol:

crown

Today is the second day
and I am still trying to figure out, how to figure out the resistance and support levels
Had I been able to figure it out, it would have been great.

but as Rajput bhai says, die hard and die trying
just working on it
:eek:

jagankris

Namaste Savant bhai

Crown Bhai thanks a lot.
I am adding my comments and questions in line.

Thanks for sharing and guiding.

Would like to share my very little experience of past couple of months in this regard.

First, there is no such system/analysis/technique which is absolute. One can and one should be ready to take the loss with dignity.

"True" - How then to choose a system suiting ones trading physche ?

Second, the best system/analysis/technique is that which follows the market. I mean to say that one must apply the system in the direction of the market, in stead of looking for market to move as per the system. For example, earlier I also try to analyse the market as per my system(s); the system telling market is weak because I usually was thinking/suspecting of market going down and can clearly see the signals according to my desire. But I failed every time, because the Market is much much more important than any system. Rajput Bhai, once told me about such psychological barriers, in analysing; and after much much brainwashing at my own, I am a little bit better now in this regard.

Could you please elaborate a bit more in detail technically.

" the best system/analysis/technique is that which follows the market "

(For ex) - The system should always give signals in the 5 day period MA some thing like that.

Third, one or two days of upside and downside movement do not indicate the change in the trend. In this regard too, I was well guided by AW bhai, Raunak Bhai, Rajbut Bhai, Praveen Bhai, Simple Trader Bhai, Raj bhai and many other big brothers over here.

Which one would can be used as a trend confirmation signal ?

Fourth, Just avoid mixing news with technicals. It is my own experience. I have also mentioned this in this thread, that I have stopped looking at what Dow, Euro or other markets are doing. If my system is telling me upside move, in a script, Just enter it for the sake of pure trading. Just trade, do not anticipate/calculate/evaluate it on the basis of any other thing but the analysis/system I am using.

Crown Bhayya - Purely from intraday perspective whats wrong in using a script in News along with technicals ?

Fifth, Avoid using volume as much as possible. Around 90% of the time, in my personal experience, I have found that it mis-guided me in the wrong direction. The most confusing and irrelevant thing, I experienced, is the funda of Smart Money. I am sorry to say this because, I know many of us overhere, take volume too much seriously. but, it is just my experience, or rather very little experience which may not be fully correct. But whatever I experienced, I am sharing.

Crown Bhayya - I am afraid I must completely disagree with you in this point.Could you please give me some examples why you disagree with volume.

Sixth, do not go by the tops and bottoms a share is making. Around a weak ago, I too made this mistake; because of having the routine habit of seeing things in the perspective being spread in the masses. State Bank of India, gave a beautiful upside signal. But I was afraid to enter long, you know why, because everyone over here and on the News, shouting high, "Markets are at their peaks, there has to be some correction for the market to make new highs, any time FII selling can come etc etc.". I thought that SBI is at its highs, let it come down. Entering overhere could be risky. And eventually I missed the bus. But because at that time, I was a little more confident on my system; I decided to go paper trade on that script. And, now I am too much relaxed that I learned a very good lesson.

Thanks again Savant bhai for such encouraging post.
Mujhe Hindi thoda thoda maalum.Isliye maaf kijiye mera grammer kho :)
Dhanyavaji.

-JK

crown

Mujhe Hindi thoda thoda maalum.Isliye maaf kijiye mera grammer kho :)
Dhanyavaji.

-JK
namaste jagan Bhai

First of all, thank you for the respect. Once, someone asked me, 1000 rupiye ka chhutta hai, to maine bola ki chhutta to nahi hai par izzat-aafzayi ke liye shukriya :rofl:

now coming back to your question

"True" - How then to choose a system suiting ones trading physche ?
bhai, it all depends upon the following things

Time - you are ready to spare/spend on regular basis in the market and in the learning.

Money - you are ready to put into it.

Expectations - What you actually expect from yourself.

Like, if you can put more time in learning and in the market, you can choose to intraday trade or very short term trade, like swing trading

If you can put more money, you can take good positional picks which may last from one week to one year, depending upon the situation

If you expect little gains, intraday or short term trading is good. While if you expect good gains, medium term and in case of very good gains, you need to be a long term trader.

The system can be chosen/modified on above basis.

Could you please elaborate a bit more in detail technically.

" the best system/analysis/technique is that which follows the market "

(For ex) - The system should always give signals in the 5 day moving average some thing like that.
Bhai, it simply means to act after the signal or indication. Though, it may not make you feel smart enough like many specialized traders who take positions well in advance; but it will definitely keep you safe. Like, since the past couple of weeks, one can easily see that the markets were/are going up. Therefore, till we can see the markets going down, there is no need to look/work out short positions. Just a simple glance on any chart is sufficient enough to see, whether the chart is in up-trend, down-trend or in sideways.
And, then make your plan accordingly.

If I had waited just for 10 minutes more Tourism Finance made a high of 39.25
but because, I was having ample gains, I decided to quit
The movement of Cairn India today, also had some psychological impact on me
which I was thinking of exiting above 350, but could not because the price came down very fast.
Kismat..... bhai...... kismat....

Crown bhai I am little bit upset its very difficult to accept the stupidity; had bought DLF 440 call at 9 ( 4 lot) in the morning around at 9.05 am but I sold at immediatelt after RBI announce as it went down 3 rupee from 437.5 to 434.5. @ 7.15; 15 minutes later I saw DLF 453 and I saw my 440 call @16. I lost 30000 despite today same 440 call @20.
what to say?
I figure out wonderful set up but fail to hold on

need a speech from everyone? I guess!

crown

Crown bhai I am little bit upset its very difficult to accept the stupidity; had bought DLF 440 call at 9 ( 4 lot) in the morning around at 9.05 am but I sold at immediatelt after RBI announce as it went down 3 rupee from 437.5 to 434.5. @ 7.15; 15 minutes later I saw DLF 453 and I saw my 440 call @16. I lost 30000 despite today same 440 call @20.
what to say?
I figure out wonderful set up but fail to hold on

need a speech from everyone? I guess!
that's too unlucky
bikash bhai, ye kismat bhi kabhi kabhi aise khel khelati hai ki bas poochho mat

koi baat nahi, keep trying bhai

wo subah kabhi to aayegee.
:)

crown

Entered Long in Aegis Logistic @ 297
Entered Long in Central Bank of India @ 197
booked partial profit in Aegis @ 318

hitesh

Today is the second day
and I am still trying to figure out, how to figure out the resistance and support levels
Had I been able to figure it out, it would have been great.

but as Rajput bhai says, die hard and die trying
just working on it
Price has a memory. Previous high act as a resistance and previous low act as a support.

The same is explianed in detailed with chart example at :-
(1).

h t t p://stockcharts.com/help/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:support_and_resistan

(2).
h t t p://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/061801.asp

(3).
h t t p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Support_and_resistance

(remove space between http)

Hope this helps.

With best regards
Hitesh

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Introductions 0
L Introductions 2
V Introductions 0