Nest Plus on Traderji

yusi

Yusi,

Order slicing is not a feature in nest plus. Its a nest trader function.

We have introduced a new feature in nest trader called i3 which allows such slicing and many more execution related feature. This is useful only for guys who places large orders and would like to break them down.
NestPlus, yes, of course. More is expected than plain jane linear quantity and time slicing. Also, each slice would generate a new exchange order number, so the fixed brokerage per order plans, such as Zerodha's, would come under scrutiny. Wonder if the 'i' in i3 stands for iceberg; maybe / maybe not, at best an even bet.

But to the humbler and more immediate: maybe you missed this post on the Plus starter pack.

Hi Nest Plus,

Nice to see in Traderji, I have been testing nest plus trading plug-in for 2 weeks, If I use default strategy GFDL, the generated signals are comming in nest plus plugin, when I use my own strategy with amibroker, the afl generated signals not comming to plug-in, I have approached Glbaldatafeeds and my broker,nobody is properly helping, why do involve 2 companies (GFDL and Omnesys Technologies) in this process, why dont you provide this plugin.

hi nestplus

thanks for your comments! I am a newcomer to NP. I have just written a sample strategy which I want to backtest. I think the coding may have syntax errors. But assuming it is ok, how do I backtest?

The code is like SMA(5,close)=SMA(10,close) for Buy signal and similar for other signals. Kindly indicate the error also to help me.

yusi

Could you provide some guidance to users who trade with both NOW and Nest Trader and use Plus. Every time there is a Plus upgrade or fresh install, one of the two goes kaput. For example, if the installation is done for Nest, the Plus in NOW becomes dysfunctional.

On the past 3 or 4 occasions (Plus 1.3, 1.4, 1.5), a request had to go to support; and they kindly did their magic. It feels foolish to have to ask help for something as trivial as installation.

At this point, there is a new versionitis: for some reason I've installed NOW 1.8 (which has Plus 2.5 ?). It seems that Nest, or rather Zerodha Trader 3.10, with Plus 1.5 will not work with that combination of NOW (or more correctly: "if you are having the NOW version with 1.8 and Nest Trader 3.10.57.97.5 then you are not able to install the nest plus in both, you can just update the version of your Nest Trader to 3.10.57.99"). Where does one get that version of Nest Trader, keeping in mind that the broker is Zerodha?

While we traders do tend to work with numbers, am not upto the mark for fourth level versioning. ;)

Nest Starter pack remains free. Your expiry date will be increased.

Hi Nest,
I plan on starting an a/c with a bargin broker offering nest, they installed a demo verson on my PC, however it does not write to excel with live rates, he said he would have to speak to you guys.Its been a while and they cant seem to find the answer.
Is there a specific reason to this ?, since Im currently usuing odin & there is no issue writing to excel.

Kindly revert and provide assistance.
Thx

Max