Never give up in Life but it's good to give up in Trading..

Pradeep Narayan

In my earlier post, I had asked which method was correct in determining the position size. Now add this twist:
The capital is 1000 with 10x leverage
Minimum 3 positions to be taken
Max risk on capital not to exceed 5% or 50

How would one split the risk between positions and arrive at the individual position sizes?
Lets consider 3 stocks, SAIL @ 78, SBI 285 & RELCAP @ 421, how do we split the Risk of 50 Rs. between these stocks.
One of the option is to divide the margin (1000x10 = 10000) between 3 stocks equally - but is this correct?

The other is to split the Risk (Rs. 50) equally. But, would this be correct?

Raj232

So now you guys want to see ledger of a trader who himself is claiming is not making any money...
All of us want to see pradeep's ledger as he claims he is making money so that it can be helpful to all of us which makes sense...
how my loss is going to help you guys??? Aren't doing revenge trading here..
@Raj354u : You can post your ledger so that members can verify it. You have a pot of gold with you. if your claims are correct, many members would like to take the opposite trade and make money.

e.g. You BUY TataMotors (1 qty) .. all forum members can short TataMotors (100 qty) .. its a win win situation. If the forum members make guaranteed profits, why not share 10% profits with you ? its just an idea :)

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
Lets consider 3 stocks, SAIL @ 78, SBI 285 & RELCAP @ 421, how do we split the Risk of 50 Rs. between these stocks.
One of the option is to divide the margin (1000x10 = 10000) between 3 stocks equally - but is this correct?

The other is to split the Risk (Rs. 50) equally. But, would this be correct?
we can use MTM (overall gain or loss) of all positions to square of all or partially the looser first.

Hi guys, finally I have decided to give up trading after continuous 12 years of trading experience without missing a single day of trading...tried every single damn thing in search of holygrail but in vain and concluding money cannot be made from trading consistently...
I am kind of a person with never give up attitude but this strength has become my weakness in trading...Had I done such hard work in any other business I would have been surely successful?... but in trading in the end no one is successful..dont believe in some success stories you see on TV..they might be trying to sell you something..So anyone who says makes consistent money from trading...run away from that person as fast as you can....either he is lying or he himself is not aware what the hell he is talking about...he might have had few lucky trades and thinks he has become professional(i have been through all this)...The only professionals in this industry is the market makers generating huge volume daily who earning from minor price differences by buying bids & selling offers which cannot be done by retailers and the other professional is the long term investors(Buy and hold type)...Nobody else makes any money...I have ruined my life looking for shortcut to riches so don't want others to go through the same process..This shortcut has really costed me a lot of time and money and the outcome is today I am in huge debt...Time to say goodbye and not waste my family members life...They are the ones who suffered a lot with my trading addiction...save your career & life of others around you...Thank you
Hai raj ,I am also coming to the same opinion with 11 years of experience in the market and with loss of some Lakshs of rupees. More than this, time loss is very huge ... we lost friends , relatives, relations most of the time concentrating on learning & trading activity with never give up attitude....Now, I am planing towards investing ..Already ,since past two years, 10% of my saving are being invested in mutual funds through SIP ......So give up in early stages would have given success in other areas.....

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
More often we are the ones responsible for tinkering with the trade.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Always take a days break either if you are having a string of losses or wins.