New Intermed Uptrend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Saint
I would like to ask u a dumb question.There are around 6500 scrips listed at variouus stock exchanges.

How do you identify your pick.

can you reccomend some reading material to novice like me to upgrade technical analysis skills.

Regards
aMAN

Hi techGurus..
can u ppl put ur analysis on MCleod Russel, 2nd largest tea company, bght at 62.50? and Simbhaoli sugar mills bght @111 .
Kotak Oppurtunities fund has heavily bght (5%of the fund amnt) into Simbhaoli around 70-80 a 1.5 mnth before..

Appreciate ur views on the same..
Thanks
nagzu

dheerajmehta said:
Hi saint and amit,

currently i'm holding :

Alok [email protected]
MphasisBFL@268
Ashok [email protected]
Kopran@ 75.80
Eastern Silk@ 185.30

well today it took quite a bit of beating!!!.....with the exception of eastern silk which is doing well...
i will be highly obliged if u have recommendations on any of these....since most of my "risk capital" is locked up in these stocks....

PS: excellent post on share sizing saint!!!!

regards,

Dheeraj Mehta
Hi Dheeraj,
All still looking great......but feel that your entry was rather late into all these stocks.So take your stops if hit. MPHASIS BFL :put a stop loss at 256.ASHOK LEY:stop at 27 ALOK:Stop at 69 KOPRAN:Stop at 70

More later!

Saint

saint said:
Hi Aman,
No proficiency ,my friend........am same as you.Maybe had spent more years in the market,and read more books,and seen more patterns,etc.Maybe you can start by checking out the various posts and various threads in this forum.....Traderji had given a lot of recommended books on T.A etc which would be of great benefit to you.
From my personal angle,check out the below:

1.Trading for a Living--Alexander Elder
2.Come into my trading room--Alexander Elder
3.Financial freedom through Daytrading-Van Tharp,Brian June
4.Trade your way to Financial Freedom--Van Tharp
5.Trading in the Zone--Mark Douglas
6.The disciplined Trader--Mark Douglas
7.The Complete Day Trader 1 &2--Jake Bernstein
8.Tools and Tactics of the Master Day Trader--Oliver Velez
9.Trend Following--Michael Covel
10.Intermarket Analysis--Murphy
11.Tech Analysis--Murphy
12.Tech Analysis Explained--Pring
13.Street Smarts--Linda Raschke

Actually there are many more.......but as it comes to mind,shall keep you posted.The important thing is to get started.....check out the various posts of Trderji.Wishing you all the very best!!

Saint
Hi Aman,
Answered this question once before asked by yourself.The above are the books that you could start off with.Sitting at the bottom of the mountain and wondering how to get to the peak........seems almost impossible!!Can be frustrating!Take the first step,then the second step.....soon you wonder how you got this high!!

Be it thru fundamentals or technicals,one has to figure his way.After figuring that one out,proceed to educate oneself.....books,seminars,whatever.
But important to take that first step,my friend.

Saint

Saint

Your views on the following:

Lakshmi Mills (Holds 72000 Equity shares of Lakshmi Machine Works - quoted at around 14000/- per share; Equity of Lakshmi Mill is about 7/- Cr. i.e., about 7 lac shares of Rs.100/- each)

Magna Electro

Amarjoti Spinning

Status
Not open for further replies.