NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdm

just going through the book "The New Market Wizard", when i stumbled upon the term "Nifty Fifty". a bit of googling and got the funda behind the term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nifty_Fifty

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/niftyfifty.asp

EXCUSE ME!!! :confused:
Earlier in the day I had quickly started this thread under the title 'Nifty', as the index was under severe pressure, and thought it may help those coming here today during trading.
How come the name of the title got changed since then?!
Explain please?
Thanks.
ah there you go; seems some twist by the machine. and we all thought that machines are zombies :D

cheers,

jdm.

P.S. - bye the way folks, the quote by amitbe was the 4th one when he started this thread, and i have to really dig in deep to retrieve the thread. sorry to you all for digging out, what now seems an "irreverent thread". :(

AMITBE

just going through the book "The New Market Wizard", when i stumbled upon the term "Nifty Fifty". a bit of googling and got the funda behind the term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nifty_Fifty

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/niftyfifty.asp

ah there you go; seems some twist by the machine. and we all thought that machines are zombies :D

cheers,

jdm.

P.S. - bye the way folks, the quote by amitbe was the 4th one when he started this thread, and i have to really dig in deep to retrieve the thread. sorry to you all for digging out, what now seems an "irreverent thread". :(
Hi jdm...
Yeah, the thread had just been begun when Traderji, while sevicing the system, lost the title and renamed it to something like 'Support/Resistance for Nifty'.
He changed it to 'NIFTY FIFTY' later at my request.

I'd been aware of the original references to Nifty Fifty, as pointed out by you, and yes, it did seem like a nifty title to christen this thread with.

About this thread having become an "irreverent thread" as written by you, or for that matter even an irrelevant thread...well, I had hoped other members would come forward and start up some form of daily analysis for the Nifty, and a couple of them have.
Newness is not quite irrelevent, even if the old turns irreverent.
:)

Hi jdm...
Yeah, the thread had just been begun when Traderji, while sevicing the system, lost the title and renamed it to something like 'Support/Resistance for Nifty'.

I'd been aware of the original references to Nifty Fifty, as pointed out by you, and yes, it did seem like a nifty title to christen this thread with.

About this thread having become an "irreverent thread" as written by you, or for that matter even an irrelevant thread...well, I had hoped other members would come forward and start up some form of daily analysis for the Nifty, and a couple of them have.
So good to have a post from you..........Missing all those vocabulary accurate posts from you,my friend.

I understand you are busy,but am sure a post here and there would not hurt,for us lesser souls.:)

Do post,my friend.........in the past year,you have become something of an "opium for the masses",and the last few months,many of us have been sufferring from symptoms suggestive of a withdrawal syndrome.:)

Have mercy on us poor souls........:)

Saint

jdm

hi amitbe,

good to see you put in some words.

Hi jdm...

so many things to learn, still i boast how much i know :(

it really takes a lot of wisdom to take decisions like this. hats off to you for that.

yup, you pointed it rightly a couple of people are doing great job. my best wishes to them.

what pains me, is the fact, the irresponsible & indiscriminate way in which people (including me) are starting new thread. people tend to forget the responsibility which one should carry when they start a new thread or as a matter of fact each words they put in. people are no longer interested in reading the gems thats already out here and in this process are doing more harm to them.

cheers,
jdm.

AMITBE

Thanks jdm and Saint...:)
Am in a rush to catch a train...short vacation....will post on return!! :)

Thanks jdm and Saint...:)
Am in a rush to catch a train...short vacation....will post on return!! :)
First post by AMITBE on 21st July 2005

Last post by AMITBE on 11th August 2006

Here we have an archive of almost 1 year of activity of Nifty, hope other new members to Traderji also get to read it, thanks to uasish and saint for recomending reading of this thread, and Thanks to AMITBE for providing it in the first place.

Last edited:
C

Czar

darn I saved a lot of money after this thread stopped...

The morning post by Amit was read by me with a 2nd cup of tea, which I stopped drinking after closure.... we want a AMITBE RETURNS, please by public demand...

I would not watch nifty but would surely read his post everyday before 10 am. Most of his posts would be between 9:50 and 9:56. AMITBE, SAINT are the people who made most of us stay here and surely there were many others who kept the trend going. Then its Ashish now who pushed the nifty to 5000. from 5000 onwards we are like orphans with respect to nifty.
I second Czar

C

Czar

Yup same here adil...

I hope he can spare 2 mins a day ??? we promise nobody will ask any additional questions & waste his time & also we will behave nicely, pleeeasee ;)

Yup same here adil...

I hope he can spare 2 mins a day ??? we promise nobody will ask any additional questions & waste his time & also we will behave nicely, pleeeasee ;)
Its nice to see members requesting for the OP to restart posting, I would love if that were to happen.

But one thing surprises me no end, for more than one full year (15 months) the last post on this thread was from AMITBE.

How come no one responded or requested or even enquired about the OP for continuation of the thread ?

Whats that i am missing here, maybe will find out when finish reading the rest of posts, maybe some one from then will let us newbies in on the story ...

Thanks
nb

Status
Not open for further replies.