NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITBE

Very early last week this was written:
In a bull market, take periodical reality tests to test the strength to the down and the upward moves would follow logically.

The above was written looking at the moves in the preceding week then.
That week had seen much intraday volatility where lower levels were repeatedly under threat but held firm, making way for a sharp weekly gain of almost a hundred points.
Similar intraday volatility was seen last week too, with the reality test coming on Thursday when the Nifty came dangerously close to breaking down at 2764, and surviving which, closed with a weekly gain of about fifty points the next day.

Also noted at Friday close of that preceding week was, that no one buys in strong into the fading moments of a Friday to come in and sell hard first thing into the new week, and no one did.

We are at the head of a new week yet again where strong buying was seen on Friday last, right to the end in a last hour surge.

So where are we heading now?

In the first post Friday morning two dates were suggested as being days for significant moves. Friday itself was one of the days given and the Nifty did make a significant move by any yardstick.
On Friday pre-noon session there was no indication of where things were heading. 2784 was referred to as Rahul Dravid by adilsaleem for being the Wall. That level had the Nifty in a bind and the severe conflict there is vividly depicted in the chart uploaded Friday evening. Several tops were made there evoking a sharp reaction each time. It was only late afternoon when the tide turned after a pretty volatile and bearish morning.

The other date given was today, Monday Dec 19.
And if the adage that no one buys strong on Friday to squander the lead first thing in the new week is true, it adds credence to today being another gain day, however significant the move.

Here Id want to return to my favourite harp and go back to another post from Friday on the turning point for the Nifty, and the centrifugal law quoted as a metaphor at the risk of sounding like a stoned hippy (for it generated a nil for response).
The idea being explored there is, the difficult level at 2799 as the pivot center has spun the Nifty towards 2764 to one direction, and 2821 in the other. The turbulent volatility in either direction is likened to the velocity of the spin. Considering the price action of the Nifty over the past week, the physical law being invoked here would lead to the assumption that now the Nifty is exerting an acute pressure against the pivot center to break away from it with force.
The various points discussed above do suggest that the direction of the breakout is to the up.
If the contrary be the case, today will show it.
If this is a lateral kind of Technical Analysis, I feel self-assured that it has its high merit in the scheme of things I have been exploring for some time now.

To go on to the levels:
It has been mentioned earlier that 2822-2832 may see intense activity.
If we get that far, some important levels along the way would be 2813-2818-2822-2826-2829.
If 2832 is taken with more left on the table, 2843 is the next potential level. And then 2848 and 2854.
When and if we get there, Ill post the levels as we go along the journey there.

The support levels are known from the price action last week: 2804-2799-2796-2794-2792-2788-2784-2777-2773.

At this point Im raising some interesting possibilities going ahead.
2866 and 2917 are coming up as levels where we may see an important event on the Niftya possible reversal?
There are two sets of dates coming up:
December 23 and 29.
January 3 and 6, 2006.
I may be jumping the gun big time, but this is my work in progress, you see.

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
To go on to the levels:
If we get that far, some important levels along the way would be 2813-2818-2822-2826-2829.
If 2832 is taken with more left on the table, 2843 is the next potential level. And then 2848 and 2854.
When and if we get there, I’ll post the levels as we go along the journey there.

The support levels are known from the price action last week: 2804-2799-2796-2794-2792-2788-2784-2777-2773.

At this point I’m raising some interesting possibilities going ahead.
2866 and 2917 are coming up as levels where we may see an important event on the Nifty…a possible reversal?
December 23 and 29.
January 3 and 6, 2006.
As 2830 is appearing to be comfortably placed as yet, the next up levels given when we get there were 2843 and 2848.
The important marks along the way there are: 2836-2838-2840-2844.

AMITBE said:
In a bull market, take periodical reality tests to test the strength to the down and the upward moves would follow logically.

That week had seen much intraday volatility where lower levels were repeatedly under threat but held firm, making way for a sharp weekly gain of almost a hundred points.
Similar intraday volatility was seen last week too, with the reality test coming on Thursday when the Nifty came dangerously close to breaking down at 2764, and surviving which, closed with a weekly gain of about fifty points the next day.

Also noted at Friday close of that preceding week was, that no one buys in strong into the fading moments of a Friday to come in and sell hard first thing into the new week, and no one did.

We are at the head of a new week yet again where strong buying was seen on Friday last, right to the end in a last hour surge.

In the first post Friday morning two dates were suggested as being days for significant moves. Friday itself was one of the days given and the Nifty did make a significant move by any yardstick.
On Friday pre-noon session there was no indication of where things were heading. 2784 was referred to as Rahul Dravid by adilsaleem for being the Wall. That level had the Nifty in a bind and the severe conflict there is vividly depicted in the chart uploaded Friday evening. Several tops were made there evoking a sharp reaction each time. It was only late afternoon when the tide turned after a pretty volatile and bearish morning.

And if the adage that no one buys strong on Friday to squander the lead first thing in the new week is true, it adds credence to today being another gain day, however significant the move.

Here Id want to return to my favourite harp and go back to another post from Friday on the turning point for the Nifty, and the centrifugal law quoted as a metaphor at the risk of sounding like a stoned hippy (for it generated a nil for response).
The idea being explored there is, the difficult level at 2799 as the pivot center has spun the Nifty towards 2764 to one direction, and 2821 in the other. The turbulent volatility in either direction is likened to the velocity of the spin. Considering the price action of the Nifty over the past week, the physical law being invoked here would lead to the assumption that now the Nifty is exerting an acute pressure against the pivot center to break away from it with force.
The various points discussed above do suggest that the direction of the breakout is to the up.
If this is a lateral kind of Technical Analysis, I feel self-assured that it has its high merit in the scheme of things I have been exploring for some time now.

To go on to the levels:

2866 and 2917 are coming up as levels where we may see an important event on the Niftya possible reversal?
December 23 and 29.
January 3 and 6, 2006.
Great stuff,my friend!:)

Saint

AMITBE

Saint said:
Great stuff,my friend!:)

Saint
Thanks Saint...yeah this has been a very productive period. Hopefully this is the right path I'm on.
As I was telling Karthik the other night during a chat, I'm waiting the day all this goes horribly wrong to look finer and deeper.

However for now the session appears quite resolute with only the low at 2826 tested a short while ago all morning.
2838 had blocked the rise about noon and may not do so for too long now.

Very nice Amit. 2843 is intact as of now. Remarkable prediction. Thanks.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

AMITBE said:

To go on to the levels:

December 23 and 29.
January 3 and 6, 2006.

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
As 2830 is appearing to be comfortably placed as yet, the next up levels given when we get there were 2843 and 2848.
The important marks along the way there are: 2836-2838-2840-2844.
Thanks NK, yes so far so good. It'S turning into a very interesting session.

The Nifty's fallen off 2844 for now, and if the band at 2836-2838-2840 is maintained with firmness, there may yet again be an attempt at 2843 and 2848, and perhaps even at 2855 at some point in the last 45 minutes of the session.

AMITBE

nkpanjiyar said:
Very nice Amit. 2843 is intact as of now. Remarkable prediction. Thanks.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
Oh...and NK...just noticed your use of the word 'prediction'!
What, you think I have the latest edition of Nostradamus's advanced works on the Indian Capital Markets in my position?! :)

amitbe! wowww. that was a great one from you. it s so accurate . you give anew meaning to ta. ia m sure.. your are really on to something really big i think.you really are a freak i guess. no off:D :D ence meant. great going keep it up

AMITBE

mkshekar said:
amitbe! wowww. that was a great one from you. it s so accurate . you give anew meaning to ta. ia m sure.. your are really on to something really big i think.you really are a freak i guess. no off:D :D ence meant. great going keep it up
Hi mkshekar...thanks, and no, no offence taken on you saying I may be a freak!
This is just TA, albeit a tad abstarct or lateral! :)
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.