NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear J.D.

I don't think that this will work for stock futures as good as index futures though i never tested for stock.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod
Thanks vinod for the reply.. It is really a good idea you have conceived for the mechanical trading of index futures. Congrats.

Hi Vinod, What would you do when the nifty opens with huge gap up or gap down? hypothetically speaking if the nifty opens at 6450 then where will your short go?

cheers:)

nadodav

Hi Vinod, What would you do when the nifty opens with huge gap up or gap down? hypothetically speaking if the nifty opens at 6450 then where will your short go?

cheers:)
Dear Ronald,

we can't do anything in case of gap up or gap down. we have to take both profit or loss depends upon our position. But i usually prefer not to trade during market open i.e. early 5-7 minutes.

Vinod

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For January 10,

Current position : SHORT (at 6224 on 08/01/2007)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 6264.40

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : -40.00 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +496.60 (537.00-40.40)

Support : 6210
Resistance : 6302

Hold SHORT positions with SL 6302. If trades above 6302, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 6210.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

Hello Vinod,

I was told by one of my friends (indepth tech analysis chap) that your system is really effective. I was looking forward the enter the market using your system. I'd be frank in telling you that I'am holding NF longs @ 6240 and I'am a long term investor. Considering this would you guide me how should I go about entering the market using your system.
I mean as of now you are short on the market and I'am holding reverse positions.
Thanks in Anticipation

Nitin

sudoku1

NIFTY FUTURE For January 10,

Current position : SHORT (at 6224 on 08/01/2007)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 6264.40

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : -40.00 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +496.60 (537.00-40.40)

Support : 6210
Resistance : 6302

Hold SHORT positions with SL 6302. If trades above 6302, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 6210.

Happy Trading.

Vinod
sorry vinod , but the stoploss of 6302 & also the supp of 6210 were hit 2 day.:)
if ur strategy i assume is 2 take a long position once its breaches a near top or go short if it breaks a near bottom....then it hardly works as per our past xperience....however , if its diff ,then perhaps these kind of blips may get pronounced in a volatile mkt...
make it up...

Winning is my destiny and losing is a part, learning from these mistakes is an art. After each and every failure and mistake, I know how to better throw the dart.....

regards ,:)

nadodav

sorry vinod , but the stoploss of 6302 & also the supp of 6210 were hit 2 day.:)
if ur strategy i assume is 2 take a long position once its breaches a near top or go short if it breaks a near bottom....then it hardly works as per our past xperience....however , if its diff ,then perhaps these kind of blips may get pronounced in a volatile mkt...
make it up...

Winning is my destiny and losing is a part, learning from these mistakes is an art. After each and every failure and mistake, I know how to better throw the dart.....

regards ,:)
Dear Sudoku1,

yes. it has happened in past and probably also will happen in futures where your both support and resistance gets triggered. last time it was on 6th november 2007. but it will not happen so frequently. The mechanical system has its own advantages as well as disadvantages. if you go through the last year's result that i have posted in this forum, where we have cumulative losses of 377 points between 8th aug and 24th aug where 6 out of 7 trades were loss making than followed by huge gain of single trade of 316 points, recovered almost all losses. so all these you can expect while trading mechanical model. secondly my system is not taking long position once its breaches a near top or go short if it breaks a near bottom.

Vinod

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For January 11,

Current position : SHORT (at 6210 on 10/01/2007)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 6160.60

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : +49.40 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +416.40 (367.00+49.40)

Support : 6131
Resistance : 6281

Hold SHORT positions with SL 6281. If trades above 6281, exit SHORT & go LONG with SL 6131.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

Status
Not open for further replies.