NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For January 4,

Current position : LONG (at 6175 on 02/01/2007)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 6178.20

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : +3.20 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +491.20 (488+3.20)

Support : 6144
Resistance : 6198

Hold LONG positions with SL 6144. If trades below 6144, exit LONG & go SHORT with SL 6198.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

nadodav

Dear All,

I have attached trades of last year in first message of the thread. I request all specially Robin to put your feedback. we will discuss all issues.

Here is summary -

Total Gain in 2007 : 2828 points

Total Trades : 73
Profitable Trades : 32
Loss Making Trades : 41
Largest Profitable trade : 636
Largest Loss making trade :-217
Largest cumulative losses : -377 points (marked in yellow background)
Profits on Profitable trades : 4903
Losses on Lossmaking trades : 2075
Avg. Profit on Profitable trades : 153.22
Avg Loss on Loss Making trades : 50.61

Thanks & Regards
Awaiting feedback from all

Vinod

Last edited:

nadodav

Hi Deep,

Stoploss is being calculated depends on volatality. If volatality is high, SL will be far. If we keep SL small than we may frequent on & off trades within trend. If SL too far than probably it will give signal of change lately. so this is combination of both. I suggest you to go through all the messages of thread and also have a look in last year file that i have posted today & give your valuable feedback,

thanks & regards

Vinod

Dear Vinod,
I find the trading system quite intresting.But there are some things i would like to understand before test them for my own trading.(Correct me if i am wrong in any questions as my knowledge to Trading is quite new).
1)the SL u choose are quite wide which is quite bothering as the risk if i am wrong before i am taken off is very huge.
2)for the taken risk (155 points before taken by SL )what is the rewards for entering into such a position. How many points can i make if i am correct.

Apart from that could you let me know how you come with resistance and support points ,so i would like to back test those points before trying to execute the trade using your trade system.
Thanks a Lot
Sincerely
Deep Moola

Last edited:

nadodav

Hi

If we use only stop & not reverse the position than we have to use some entry criteria & in that case some time we have to be in sidelines and wait for entry and probably also some time enter late in big moves. In this system aproach is mechanical and testing each signal for trend reversal.

Vinod

have you experimented with using a stop loss other than reverse positions your losses may reduce for example today the profit/loss was -53 points, which may have been reduced if a stop loss was utilized other than exiting and reversing position at 6175.

I think if you employ a stop your system may have even better results.

This is only a suggestion.

nadodav

Hello,

this is mechanical system so you have to be in trade always. If you trade occassionaly, than you may take all loss making trades and probably miss profitable trades. So once you decide to trade than you should continue to trade. Initially you can consider MINIFTY with 1 lot to start trading.

Thanks

Vinod

worst day for me. I started today and was not able to catch the levels. Will try again on next levels. :(

Is the any criterio to reverse the postion like gap down open for few seconds below your levels,intraday hit for a second etc.Is there any time limit like 5 mins or certain voulmes tobe traded before reversing positions correctly ? Can I put SL and reverse in advance?

Appreciate your do and donts regarding this.

Thanks
Balaa11

Is the any criterio to reverse the postion like gap down open for few seconds below your levels,intraday hit for a second etc.Is there any time limit like 5 mins or certain voulmes tobe traded before reversing positions correctly ? Can I put SL and reverse in advance?

Thanks
Balaa11
Dear All,

I am starting a new thread for Nifty Futures .............

This means, we are currently LONG in Nifty. And if nifty trades below support i.e. if on Oct 29, Nifty futures trades below 5573 for 2-3 minutes, we will exit LONG & go SHORT with SL as resistance. in this case it is 5728. Incase of SHORT positions, we will look for market to trade above resistance to exit SHORT & go LONG.

So we are simply continuously will be in trade at any point of time either LONG or SHORT..............................

Vinod Nadoda
Please read first post.

nadodav

Thanks
Balaa11
you can place SL order everyday once market opens and settles. In general, you should wait for 5 minutes after market opening and place stoploss order by keeping 5-10 points below/above support/resistance exactly the double qty of your holding lots so once SL trigeres, you exit your current position at the same time new opposite position also initiated. Initially I suggest to trade 1 lot of MINIFTY only.

Vinod

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For January 7,

Current position : LONG (at 6175 on 02/01/2007)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 6264.15

Profit/(Loss) in current trade : +89.15 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit / (Loss) since thread started : +577.15 (488+89.15)

Support : 6181
Resistance : 6283

Hold LONG positions with SL 6181. If trades below 6181, exit LONG & go SHORT with SL 6283.

Nifty Fut.xls updated in 1st message of the thread.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

Status
Not open for further replies.