NIFTY Futures Mechanical Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Vinod Ji and all friends,

Kindly guide on this.

While going long, can we buy a put of same strike, at which we will go long on future ?

And also,

While going short, can we buy a call of same strike, at which we will go short on Nifty future ?

Kindly guide, according to me , it would take much amount, as we have to buy a put or call as well, or can we just buy them, just to waste them, and trade in Nifty futures, short or long ,with you guidance.

Would this be ok?
Or, trading with Stop Loss only would be fine , without purchasing call or puts ?

Kindly also guide, if we buy calls & puts, and trade in Minify Nifty Futures, with your guidance ?

Kindly, guide as i am totally confused.

Awaiting your quickest response,

Thanks & Regards,
Rajat Gupta

Kindly guide on this.

While going long, can we buy a put of same strike, at which we will go long on future ?

And also,

While going short, can we buy a call of same strike, at which we will go short on Nifty future ?

Kindly guide, according to me , it would take much amount, as we have to buy a put or call as well, or can we just buy them, just to waste them, and trade in Nifty futures, short or long ,with you guide

Would this be ok?
Or, trading with Stop Loss only would be fine , without purchasing call or puts ?

Kindly also guide, if we buy calls & puts, and trade in Minify Nifty Futures, with your guidance ?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajat Gupta

Hello Rajat,

The nifty at the money call/put are priced at Rs 125/- approx. We never enter a trade with the idea of loosing the entire premium.If we have a bullish view in the mkt and feel that the mkt has temporarily come down but can give a rally of 100-120 nifty points in next 2-3 days,then it is a good trade to buy nifty futures and a ATM put. After a rally,you can sell the future at profit and also sell puts (at loss) but overall you will make a good packet with low risk as the buy position is hedged. I fortunately have done the same trade today. I am giving below the summary.

I had a bullish view on the mkt for next 1-2 days and in the morning when Nifty cash was 4425 I bought Nifty Future at 4396/- and a June 4400 put at 126/- In the afternoon I could sell NF at 4492/-making a profit of Rs 96/- and I sold June 4400 put at 83/-making a loss of Rs 43/- Thus overall profit in the trade was 96-43 = 53 Nifty points and all posn squared off.

Happy trading !!!!!!

nadodav

Kindly guide on this.

And also,

Kindly guide, according to me , it would take much amount, as we have to buy a put or call as well, or can we just buy them, just to waste them, and trade in Nifty futures, short or long ,with you guidance.

Would this be ok?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajat Gupta
Hi Rajat,

If you buy put/call option at the time of going long/short, than no doubt that you are limiting your risk but at the same time you are also limiting your profit too. so there is no need to buy option at the time of taking a position. you can buy put/call option whenever you have good amount of profit (around 200 points) in your existing long/short position to protect most of the profit before we change our position. you should also not use option when profit is too small, say 40-50 points.

Happy Trading

Vinod

nadodav

NIFTY FUTURE For June 13,

Current position : LONG (at 4527 on 12/06/2008)

Nifty Fut Closed at : 4517.30

Profit/Loss in current trade : -09.70 (as per last closing price)
Net Profit/Loss since thread started : +1652.30 (1662.00-09.70)

Support : 4434
Resistance : 4556

Hold LONG position with SL 4434. If trades below 4434, exit LONG & go SHORT with SL 4556.

Happy Trading.

Vinod

Hello Vinod Ji

I am having some doubt on being your system puerly Mechanical , I am not saying its not good , infact it is really very good system but my doubts is about its calculation.

I tried to find out calculation behiend ur system and found that it requires some assumptions of current trend while calculating these stop loss, resistance and support .

I really wish that I proven wrong by you and ur system is 100 % mechanical.

If it would have really 100 % mechanical then I am sure that you would have share logic in this forum, and reason why you are not sharing is it requires some assumption of current trend on while doing fibbonacci calculation.

I am also following some other system on Nifty but that is for medium term trading and Gained round about 2600 in last one year.

Only problem in this system is trader have to wait very long some times in entering a new trade but results are very good.

And i don't have even 1 % problem in sharing logic of this system its very simple even 10 year guy can also trade with help of this sysstem .

Logic is Buy nifty with 2 % stop loss(Closing basis) whenever Positive Crossover of 10,25 DMA is happening on Nifty EOD chart and short nifty whenever their is negative crossover (I do it by checking Nifty Spot Chart)

Any body can check nifty eod chart on Icharts.in and crosscheck its accuracy over years . but this sytem is only for medium to long term trading point of view .

And was looking for some system for short term point of view (Like this one ) but I can not trade on any system whose logic I don't know, because it give feeling that we are taking free tips instead of trading on technicals

Ashish Sharma (Please Reply)

Status
Not open for further replies.