Nifty Intraday Pivot Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

hills_5000

Hey Savant,

Since you're adept at Crude and ForEx.. why dont you start a thread here for us novices .. where we can learn the nuiances ... and the pit falls :)

maybe then we can figure out how to interpret the macro picture ( hopefully) ...

BTW.. you didnt reply as to how does one fig out the market sense ..apart from watching vols , tech specs , big brother ( alias SM) watching... another thread on that if reqd ;)

regards

Amit

Hi Amit,

Crude Was Squared Off Before The U.S. Markets Opened...Couldn't Resist Taking Profit.....Since It Went Up....Thereafter, A Little While Back Had Re-Entered & Booked Profit On All The Lots....Now Nothing Just Sitting Short On USD/JPY...Will Cover That In A Little...While..Considering Sitting On Very Good Profit...On That...Then I Shut Shop...:)

U.S. & China Is A Very Longggggggggggg Story.......Not In The Mood Of Writing A Thesis....:) At The Moment

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Hi,

In the 5566 account in name of my mom, I had purchased 4700 call options and sold the same day. in the statemnt, i see 367.43 as Adjustment for the day [Mark to Market (Profit/Loss), Brokerage, Other statutory Charges,
Premium Adjustments ,Profit On Exercise, Loss On Assignment, P/L On Covered Leg ,Previous Outstanding]. What does this mean.

In the 0030 account in my name, I have purchased 4700 call @ 150 and havent sold the same yet. Margin Status At EOD 0.01 what does this mean

Thanks
Pooja

What are the transactions you did in both a/c for futures and options? If you just bought a option, then you need not worry about this. If you are holding a position in futures or have sold a call, you need to enough enough margin in your account. Otherwise, you can ignore this.

Regards,
Enygma.

enygma

In 5566, 367.43 becomes your profit after selling the calls.
In your account, the limit shown as per allocation you must have done towards F&0. Guess that you must have moved 2566 to equity allocation after buying the calls and so 0.01 remains in your F&0 allocation. This EOD margin has no relevence for people long on options and will change if you move more money into F&O but not use it ...

Regards,
Enygma.
Hi,

In the 5566 account in name of my mom, I had purchased 4700 call options and sold the same day. in the statemnt, i see 367.43 as Adjustment for the day [Mark to Market (Profit/Loss), Brokerage, Other statutory Charges,
Premium Adjustments ,Profit On Exercise, Loss On Assignment, P/L On Covered Leg ,Previous Outstanding]. What does this mean.

In the 0030 account in my name, I have purchased 4700 call @ 150 and havent sold the same yet. Margin Status At EOD 0.01 what does this mean

Thanks
Pooja

SavantGarde

Hi Pooja,

367.43 Is The Net Profit For The Day & Total Reflects Including This Profit

0.01, I Didn't Understand, But Net Available Balance Is The Figure Above, Which 2k Something Something...

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Hi,

Thanks
Pooja

hills_5000

Hey Enygma,

Still love their music BTW :)

OK now you and Savant have me going in circles... Pls refer to the quote below where you say not suggest buying any Puts yet... And Savant saying to Talisman..no hedging for tommorow.. atleast till mid session

1.. does this refer specifically to Talisman or all ( me since i am to look at buying a 4600PE at R3 levels)?

2.. You guys expect the market to hold have an upward bias atleast till mid session.... so how on arth do you fig that out... ????????

regards

Amit

You should just continue to do the same thing you did a few days back with your 4700 CE. Sell high, buy back low and get your average price down. I have been doing the same. Atleast for tomorrow's trade, I will not suggest buying any puts yet.

Yes, if you have margin, then you could write the 4500PE but only when NF is closer to 4600 than 4700, so that you get a good sell price. We are in a largish range of 4580 to 4730, so play that range. Sell the 4700 CE tomorrow ONLY if you sense weakness above R3/R4. Similarly, any dip towards 4580-4600 would signal a buy.

Regards,
Enygma.

hills_5000

Hey Savant,

Posting this again...since by the time i wrote this the thread had moved forward ..and didnt want you to miss it... :)

Since you're adept at Crude and ForEx.. why dont you start a thread here for us novices .. where we can learn the nuiances ... and the pit falls :)

maybe then we can figure out how to interpret the macro picture ( hopefully) ...

BTW.. you didnt reply as to how does one fig out the market sense ..apart from watching vols , tech specs , big brother ( alias SM) watching... another thread on that if reqd

regards

Amit

Thanks Savantji & Engyma.

I got scared that the transaction should nt get squared off due to MTM procedure.

Rgds,
Pooja

In 5566, 367.43 becomes your profit after selling the calls.
In your account, the limit shown as per allocation you must have done towards F&0. Guess that you must have moved 2566 to equity allocation after buying the calls and so 0.01 remains in your F&0 allocation. This EOD margin has no relevence for people long on options and will change if you move more money into F&O but not use it ...

Regards,
Enygma.

enygma

Amit,

No wonder I am Enygma, right? :)

You said you wanted a hedge, so I gave you a level around which to get into a put. You are already long on NF and also have written the 4500 PE, so I categorize you as a long looking for a hedge or fence :)

As far as Talisman is concerned, as far as I know he was long on the calls and I categorize him as a swing options player. So for him, no point buying an expensive put as a hedge for an expensive call in a market that does not seem like going down tomorrow.

And we might be proven wrong yet again by the markets but today's strength seemed to suggest a bit of a upmove tomorrow is possible, unless globally something again screws up.

So long story short - you decide whether you need the hedge or the bush. If you are able to track the markets intraday closely (like I am not able to), then you can just see whether there is any sense of weakness, around which to take the put. Else you can use levels ...

Regards,
Enygma.

Hey Enygma,

Still love their music BTW :)

OK now you and Savant have me going in circles... Pls refer to the quote below where you say not suggest buying any Puts yet... And Savant saying to Talisman..no hedging for tommorow.. atleast till mid session

1.. does this refer specifically to Talisman or all ( me since i am to look at buying a 4600PE at R3 levels)?

2.. You guys expect the market to hold have an upward bias atleast till mid session.... so how on arth do you fig that out... ????????

regards

Amit

SavantGarde

Hi Amit,

There Is Already A Thread For Forex...'Trading The Bars' In Equities Section.

& Coming To Macro Picture....When At 20 You Start Feeling That You Have The Experience Of A 50 Year Old....You Will Be There With Macro Picture.....

Now What Am I Suppose To Read From Your Typo 'Nuiances' Nuisance Or Nuances... Actually Both Fit The Context....:)

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Hey Savant,

Posting this again...since by the time i wrote this the thread had moved forward ..and didnt want you to miss it... :)

BTW.. you didnt reply as to how does one fig out the market sense ..apart from watching vols , tech specs , big brother ( alias SM) watching... another thread on that if reqd

regards

Amit

Status
Not open for further replies.