Nifty Intraday Pivot Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogembo

Can seniors tell me the short term prospects of NIFTY. Europe is coming in red and DOW futures are in red too. I am holding two PUTS of 4800 sep series, at avg. price of 108 (I know, I went against Savant's advice on this, I just wanted to test the waters myself) Now the current price is 43.. Shall I average it or just hold whatever I have ???

hills_5000

Re: Nifty Intraday Pivot Points for 15th September 2009

Hey Enygma,

Well .. my stop got hit 4871 and then it went up.. so am out of Sep series.. Mr S suggested for for Oct which i did ..and post your write up picked up a current month BNF too ..

So now it's just one Oct Nifty , Sep BNF and Sep 4900 CE @ 67 and today's close at 75 ..hoping to square this up by friday ..

Like Mr S suggested .. dont want to over leverage [which i think he will say i already have :) ]...

Let's watch if we get hypoxia / hypothermia at these levels or if we hold on just fine and move on towards our 'Lakshya' .. and cheers to that ..

regards

Amit

Relook at your capital situation now. If you are getting overloaded on NF and MNF and the Nifty options - In that case, you might want to trim down a bit on Nifty side and see whether you have enough capital to hold BNF overnight alongwith NF.

Even then, wait for a fresh trigger from Savant for a trade - either short or long. There will always be opportunities in this market - we just have to ensure that our capital lasts till then :)

If you are on YM, give me your messenger ID.

Regards,
Enygma.

Last edited:
Can seniors tell me the short term prospects of NIFTY. Europe is coming in red and DOW futures are in red too. I am holding two PUTS of 4800 sep series, at avg. price of 108 (I know, I went against Savant's advice on this, I just wanted to test the waters myself) Now the current price is 43.. Shall I average it or just hold whatever I have ???
I am too holding bro 4800 put and waiting for Savant bro reply but my cost is 58 and know what and when to do but still a small suggestion never avg an option which is 60% down then ur cost instead go for 4900-5000 if u feel mkt WILL correct from here

I am too holding bro 4800 put and waiting for Savant bro reply but my cost is 58 and know what and when to do but still a small suggestion never avg an option which is 60% down then ur cost instead go for 4900-5000 if u feel mkt WILL correct from here
Me holding a 4900 Put, bought today at 81 (thinking 4890 would be difficult to break :mad:).
Had earlier bought the same at 81 and sold at 89 when market dipped from 4890 to 4865 levels.

enygma

Re: Nifty Intraday Pivot Points for 15th September 2009

Be careful of my GF till you have made sufficient margin of safety. It has given a solid upmove from 73xx levels, so amount of consolidation is in order. Also it has pierced the upper BB, so watch out how it reacts tomorrow. You might want to trade it a bit intraday if you sense some weakness. Do not carry 4900CE beyond tomorrow, especially if you get a decent upmove tomorrow again - time decay will start to kill after Friday.

Regards,
Enygma.

Hey Enygma,

Well .. my stop got hit 4871 and then it went up.. so am out of Sep series.. Mr S suggested for for Oct which i did ..and post your write up picked up a current month BNF too ..

So now it's just one Oct Nifty , Sep BNF and Sep 4900 CE @ 67 and today's close at 75 ..hoping to square this up by friday ..

Like Mr S suggested .. dont want to over leverage [which i think he will say i already have :) ]...

Let's watch if we get hypoxia / hypothermia at these levels or if we hold on just fine and move on towards our 'Lakshya' .. and cheers to that ..

regards

Amit

looking to square

enygma

I know the concept of settlement and averaging :)
Remember I used that multiple times to get some "cheap" MTM gains by going long in GF in the last minutes of trades on a down day ...

Was just appreciating the value and the "roundness" itself - just off 4900 ...

Regards,
Enygma.

Hi Mr.E,

High In The Last 30 Minutes Was 4908.xx...Therefore, That Is The Average Of Last 30 Minutes....:)

Also Called Settlement Price

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

SavantGarde

Oooops....I Too Was Surprised At The Q, Perhaps....Too Excited With GF...:)....Hmmmm...'Roundness'....Hmmm...Tomorrow You Will Be Describing The Figure As Voluptuous....!!

SavantGarde

I know the concept of settlement and averaging :)
Remember I used that multiple times to get some "cheap" MTM gains by going long in GF in the last minutes of trades on a down day ...

Was just appreciating the value and the "roundness" itself - just off 4900 ...

Regards,
Enygma.

Status
Not open for further replies.