Nifty Intraday Pivot Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlokTewari

Hello

On Friday before close I had gone long in Nifty at 4930 level since 4920 was held. But looking at various reports etc. before market opened it seemed that we will probably break 4920 sooner than later today. So I was prepared to book loss below 4920 incase Nifty opens weak. To my surprise my SL was never threatened during entire day & after break out above 4995, bought more Nifty & Had my trailing SL below 4995. Booked huge profit before close. These days Nifty is totally unpredictable & gives good surprises if you are on right side.
Cheers !!!:)
Alok Tewari

SavantGarde

Re: Some observations

Important Post By Mr.E...San77 Was Referring To

All,

Just wanted to share some observations. There have been lots of questions on how to use the pivot and the R/S levels, so am trying to start with some points

- Generally, the market will get attracted "towards" the pivot. Today, the pivot was 32 points below yesterday's close and further more we had a gap-up. But, still we moved towards the pivot and finally closed much below it. Expect the opposite in case the previous closing is below the next day's calculated pivot - the market will tend to move up.

- Observe if there any levels that a bit far off. (lik$e more than 30 points apart for NF). These trading ranges are good to trade. Like today the pivot and R1 were 44 points apart and breaking of R1 took us down, atleast all the way till S1. And once S1 held up, we got an 30-40 point upmove before the last hour selling. So watch these trading range for possible trades in either direction.

- After a narrow range day, all the R/S levels will be bunched together with hardly 10 point difference between successive levels. The next day, Expect a R7 or a S7 kind of day. Watch out the NR7 thread as well on how these trends evolve.

Standard disclaimers apply - these are based on probabilities and observations and all rules will be broken by the market. But these points can help us in preparing better what to expect and have strategies around them.

Regards,
Enygma.

Prabhan

Sirji...
Please suggest me also some positions..I know I am having very less amount (25k)..but still with your guidance I can make profits...

Sir..please suggest...Can I take MNF long/short positions at watvr level u suggest...I dont want to use my mind as wenvr i used it..i made losses..so watvr u suggest..i will do that...
After going thru the last few days post (as I am at my native place for Diwali vacation..was not able to read earlier)..was plannin to go for bharti 350 call...but thot of askin u 1st...

Please please sir...do suggest me...If u suggest MNF..i will take tht and wenvr u say I will come out of it...
I dont know why.. but i am gettin attracted towards Nifty futures..

MurAtt

Last edited:

SavantGarde

Hi SM,

There Are No Issues...At All

Have Already Been To The New Thread....'Reserved Parking' Bhi Dekha....Achha Hua Bus Se Aya Tha...:)

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Sirjee --- Cross Post, if reqd you can delete :)
Actually had posted here once or twice since its connected to Nifty but thought would be much more clearer if its a new thread .. would not confuse ....

New Thread Started
Tracking Smart Money with Options (OI)
http://www.traderji.com/options/34089-tracking-smart-money-using-options.html#post371656

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.