Nifty Open Interest Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent analysis. I agree with you, buying 5600 calls would be a good idea for Friday and Monday for day trading. Once it reaches 5700 or 5800, it would be good to short.

You should've seen how OI dropped by 7% on Thursday to lowest point in last two weeks(MINIFTY).

SexyTrader

Was out on travel for last two weeks. I would like a feedback if tracking OI is useful to continue the post.. i will be personally tracking
Yes it is very useful :thumb:

Option.Trader

Date : 18-11-2012

Seeing the OI data , expiry range lies between 5500-5700.
Heavy Call writing seen in 5500 Levels and unwinding in 5500,5600 &5700 Put. Looks like ideal conditions for a bear run

From FII data, FII sold 27K contracts of Index future worth 725 crores with net OI decreasing by 30K. As index futures was down by 68 points and OI contract decreased by 30K, FII's booked profits in their shorts.
Keep a look out for 5500 Puts tomorrow. if we see unwinding there, we are in for a swift fall...

Option.Trader

Date : 2.3.2013

Continuing from where left off... two more theories
- Watch closely whenever OI in a strike crosses 70L.. it indicates strength in that trend... eg .. if 5800CE crosses 70L... we can rest assured that the short term down trend is intact with top indicated at 5800
- The previous indication can change if there is a sudden drop by more than 12% in that particular strike price

Please feel free to suggest patterns that you would see that could give clues to upcoming levels...FII's share is almost a quarter percentage in the Futures trade... maybe we could glean something from their activity...

Status
Not open for further replies.