NIFTY Options trade : Why and what-if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkon7

The series started with BANG !!!!.(at around 5400). So I kept the band in the
range 5600~5000.I removed 5600 and 5500 and introduced 4900 and 4800 as
other PE options turned COSTLY.
Ideally comparison should be 1 ATM, 1 ITM and 3 OTM option.

Like price is below 4800, movement of 4900 put, 4800 put, 4700 put will be my focus. I want to see the buildup on OTM options. There is a big group of participants who build positions on options and objective is to make sense of what they feel...!

linkon7

There is a big group of participants who build positions on options and objective is to make sense of what they feel...!
while Nifty futures broke its pivot... 4800 CALL didnt...

Interpretation : 4800 Calls were not being shorted aggressively...! There was short covering in that strike price.,...!

jpg image hosting

upload images

linkon7

Hi Linkon

Wouldn't that be due to erosion of theta, i am not sure how can we consider just the price pivots for options without accounting for the time value.

Anyway, nice analysis and great charts posted by you.

Thanks
Its got nothing to do Theta....! Intraday, theta does not come into the picture. If theta was a factor then call would break low before futures.

Market runs on sentiments...! We have trapped people on either side who are desperate to act when under stress. This is what we try to identify using charts...!

columbus

Ideally comparison should be 1 ATM, 1 ITM and 3 OTM option.

Like price is below 4800, movement of 4900 put, 4800 put, 4700 put will be my focus. I want to see the buildup on OTM options. There is a big group of participants who build positions on options and objective is to make sense of what they feel...!

Moving towards this .....!!!!

adityasaraf007

HI Linkon

where can I find live nifty option charts in webpage( not in any software,) your charts seems to be in Amibroker.
I am ready to pay for their service

Thanks
Presently..... Sharekhan is opening Trading A/c for Rs49/-..... You have the option of opening an account with them..... As far as I have heard and seen, they have very good Charting.... :)

linkon7

HI Linkon

where can I find live nifty option charts in webpage( not in any software,) your charts seems to be in Amibroker.
I am ready to pay for their service

Thanks
I subscribe to swifteod...
it provides RT data of futures + nifty options for Rs 995 /- per month...!

linkon7

SHORTED 4700 CALL nov + 4800 PUT for a total of 138...!

bot 4700 put nov at 19... stop loss at 16...!

holding time till 2.30 tomorrow...!

linkon7

SHORTED 4700 CALL nov + 4800 PUT for a total of 138...!

bot 4700 put nov at 19... stop loss at 16...!

holding time till 2.30 tomorrow...!
exited 4700 put at 20....!
entered 4800 call at 17.50...!

Status
Not open for further replies.