• To trade in Cash market

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As told you yesterday, BANKNIFTY had a support 9000 which was broken during the market opening. So now BANKNIFTY trying to get its support back and pulling the NIFTY UP.

So Watch BANKNIFTY and trade NIFTY accordingly. BANKNIFTY next resistance at 9130 SPOT

But is still SELL on high for NIFTY
5378 looks to be a double top on Nifty futures, can look to short there, not sure of carrying position though

The next big event is day after tomorrow after the Fed minutes are released the previous night. It can be a major event if the FIIs get spooked by Fed's QE intentions. Remember the US yield has been jacking up for the past few days. Then our mkt's condition will be " from the frying pan to the fireplace".

People looking to accumulate longer term OTM Calls may wait for the event to pass.My 2 cents

jamit_05

The next big event is day after tomorrow after the Fed minutes are released the previous night. It can be a major event if the FIIs get spooked by Fed's QE intentions. Remember the US yield has been jacking up for the past few days. Then our mkt's condition will be " from the frying pan to the fireplace".

People looking to accumulate longer term OTM Calls may wait for the event to pass.My 2 cents
Thats great news Shiv... thanks yaar.

If FEDs become Dovish owing to the recent fall in the US indices, then we might see a sharp rise in Nifty as well. It doesn't take much on FII's part to short squeeze the props.

If FED shows no mercy then Nifty 5100!

healthraj

Buy 5400 PE at around 95-100 for Targets of 135+
I am still holding my Put even though the price went below 85. Bought more quantities and averaged my positions to 90.

Did not look at my MTP pivots. In fact in the 60 min chart, the Resistance is at 5395-5405. So we should have bought the Put at 5400 Levels.
Anyways as per the Options Table also it is a STRONG BEAR. So no change in opinion from my side. It is a SELL, SELL, SELL for target of 5300

This might be the LAST Leg on the downside from 5750. So the Last leg is always Risky.

Last edited:

gmt900

Thats great news Shiv... thanks yaar.

If FEDs become Dovish owing to the recent fall in the US indices, then we might see a sharp rise in Nifty as well. It doesn't take much on FII's part to short squeeze the props.

If FED shows no mercy then Nifty 5100!
Will it be a good idea to buy ATM long straddle tomorrow?

healthraj

Will it be a good idea to buy ATM long straddle tomorrow?
If you want to BUY OTM call, buy it in the SEP-13 Series. Two reasons

- The MAX OI is indicating 5200-6000
- The CE VOLT is also Low around 22. In Aug-13 Series the VOLT is around 26-28. So in the last week it might be the Premium eating week. In Aug-13 we can expect a maximum pullback till 5500 because the MAX Pain is at 5500. Towards the end of the expiry it would be better to buy the 5400 CE or 5500CE and not 5600CE or above.

Just a Second thought on VOLT: When the market is around 5250 and the CE VOLTs are low around 22, then we can trade Aug-13 Series calls for Targets of 5500 - 250 points from 5250.

Last edited: