Nifty Option's trading.... Earn regardless of where the market goes !!

arnav_rulz

Dear Arnav,

wether you like it or not that is the rule and when u talk about 6 points when you compare it to the volatility in option contracts to cash one's u will find there way too more in options. In option on any given day you could make 30-40% of that
Srry mate didnt get a word about what you meant here ....

and as for margins if you have to pay 100% then it would stop being margin,talk sense man, it would rather become payment.
You said brokers where within thr right to charge higher due to volatility so I made a sarcastic Comment dude... :confused:

stop looking just at just nifty contracts, there individual contracts like IFCI,IDFC,IDBI,RCOM,ashok leyland etc, where this brokerages make sense given the amount of equity involved.
Brokerage is always in % so amount of equity being high doesnt compensate the fact that you pay high brokerage in Nifty futures...

In nifty Brokerage % & margin is usually less than in Individual contracts(atleast for me and the people i know :S)

bandlab2

i think detrich got the brokerage wrong. i have accounts with icici, sharekhan and 5paisa. with icici and sharekhan, futures is 0.05% on the total value. if you buy a lot of nifty at 4087, you pay 123 rs. with 5paisa i got it down to 0.02% which is around 54 rs.

why do i trade on icici ? because of convinience and sometimes, i buy in icici and sell same in 5paisa. lock the profit, square off one when direction is known. icici is more convinient an user frienly , but 5paisa portal gives ticks every sec and exection is fast. if i plave a order in icici at 9:55, it gets executed at 10:30 !!!!

detrich, both your trades are bearish. what most ppl want is market neutral strategy. let it go anywhere but still make money

i liked arnav strategy, but i am stuck with margin requirements.

i think detrich got the brokerage wrong. i have accounts with icici, sharekhan and 5paisa. with icici and sharekhan, futures is 0.05% on the total value. if you buy a lot of nifty at 4087, you pay 123 rs. with 5paisa i got it down to 0.02% which is around 54 rs.

why do i trade on icici ? because of convinience and sometimes, i buy in icici and sell same in 5paisa. lock the profit, square off one when direction is known. icici is more convinient an user frienly , but 5paisa portal gives ticks every sec and exection is fast. if i plave a order in icici at 9:55, it gets executed at 10:30 !!!!

detrich, both your trades are bearish. what most ppl want is market neutral strategy. let it go anywhere but still make money

i liked arnav strategy, but i am stuck with margin requirements.
dear bandlab2,

good morning! What i am trying to put forward is a starategy that is practical based on research not on assumptions. I beleive that Nifty is going down for this month of OCT. There is no need for any defensive or neutral strategy. To safeguard or collar my investment. It is just too early for them. If tou check the theta value on the current nifty options it is quiet high. So i am just waiting for things to cool down to get collar and do not worry man in 1 hour more is to come:D.

3IInfotech Short Sell 71.8 73.6
Ambuja Cement Short Sell 79.45 81.2
Dabur Short Sell 82.5 89
DCB Short Sell 33.9 38
Dena Bank Short Sell 35.6 41
FSL Short Sell 30 31.3
GSPL Short Sell 44.05 45.9
GTL INFRA Short Sell 32.15 35.6
HCC Short Sell 69 81
Hindalco Short Sell 104.65 112.8
IDBI Short Sell 67.75 75
IFCI Short Sell 32.35 36.8
Ispat Inds Short Sell 17.5 19.65
ITC Short Sell 166.35 190.5
LIC HSG Finance Short Sell 268.9 290.35
MLL Short Sell 52.75 56.65
MRPL Short Sell 47.1 51
Nagar Fert Short Sell 25 29.25
SCI Short Sell 189.79 195
Siemens Short Sell 401 424
SRF Short Sell 102.9 112.4
Suzlon Short Sell 165 173.25
Tata Chem Short Sell 227.65 248.8
TCS Short Sell 651 670
WWIL Short Sell 16.05 17.95
Incase someone was looking for clues;)

At the close of market the Put-4000 is trading at 277. That means an unrealised profit of 92/unit or 4600/lot. Now it is time to reflect back and get a strategy for tommorow. From what we saw today it was really bad. I expect a small relief tommorow or for two days(Wensday). What has been confirmed is that market is no where near bottoming out. Tommorwo if the market manages to stay above the 3790 mark(Around this mark i will buy a 4000-Call). Then I will buy a call option. And wait for the nifty to reach at 3850-level. If it falls slides further then I do not think i have anything to worry(which according to me is more or less going to happen) and as for the range that you always look out Arnav are 4000-3550 for this month. Downgraded from yesterday's 4200 on the upside. So CHEERS people hope nobody has suffered anything in this fall.

bandlab2

Hi Detrich,

Can you start a new thread with your strategy/call. let this thread be what it is, strategy by arnav

is market closed tomorrow ?

Hi Detrich,

Can you start a new thread with your strategy/call. let this thread be what it is, strategy by arnav

is market closed tomorrow ?
:D I never knew i was so irritating. No problem Bandlab2. I will not post here onwards. I am so sorry if you found it so bad. But still i think the strategies here make no sense to me. But if does to you. GOOD LUCK.

bandlab2

:D I never knew i was so irritating. No problem Bandlab2. I will not post here onwards. I am so sorry if you found it so bad. But still i think the strategies here make no sense to me. But if does to you. GOOD LUCK.
Detrich,

I am not saying you dont post here. you can definitely offer your views. but if you have your own strategy, pl start a new thread so that all others can benefit. cluttering the threads with too many strategies, calls will confuse the readers

goo luck with your strategies