Nifty : Real time discussions...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleOne

MSA, volatility is so much that it seems even NSE servers are being choked. My NSE Now is playing up. I am done for the day. Saala kon haath jalaaye. jo mil gaya usi ko muqaddar samjh liya! :D

Very horrible day....Such Volatility I am seeing for the first time.
In 1990s, sensex/nifty used to move 5-10% on most of the days. During harshad mehta bull run in March-April 1992, the monster took nifty from 500 to 1300 in just about 2 months ! Thats like 160% jump in 2 months.

In today prices, it is equivalent to saying nifty moving from 5000 to 13,000 in 2 months !

Interestingly, what i found out that volatility is decreasing as bid-ask spread becomes more efficient. In future, volatility will be less except news based psychological volatility.

I have worked with dow jones price action from 1896 when the index started out. Initially it also used to move 2-4% on most of the days and then over the number of years volatility decreased.

EagleOne

Thanks, MSA. But I am not on Web based Now, I run Now on my comp. That is, .exe file. It is the photon connection, I found, that's dying on me! :D

EagleOne

Dekh dekh ke hairaan ho raha hoon, MSA. 5000 CE aur PE dono hotcakes ki tareh bik rahi hain! :D

...While it turned out to be a profitable trade after so many loosing days, however it really tested my mental level. Its just way too demanding mentally to be able to trade. I was sweating and fingers were trembling when Nifty was making a move in my favour. I don't know why.
You worded it right, friend. This is something all of us experience, I guess.

It was pure luck i guess. Honestly i was loosing for last few weeks so i was very scared of going long or taking any position early on. I missed the bus due to my fear when i was thinking of going long on nifty at 5115. I had 5156 as target for short but my previous experience tells that for such volatile and forceful move in nifty 3% or .3% for nifty, move should be taken into account so i added 15 points and placed my short at 5170 which was taken. I literally had to hold my hands so that i do not cover my position but finally at 5090 i just could not wait. My target was 5080 but covered at 5090. One of the reasons i even though of shorting was because i was thinking how would big player/FIIs play this market. I have seen these guys really push the market up when every one is thinking of shorting the market and once retail starts buying they just sell. It was pure luck that it actually turned out to be that way i thought. Every once in several years my luck comes around to say Hi.

While it turned out to be a profitable trade after so many loosing days, however it really tested my mental level. Its just way too demanding mentally to be able to trade. I was sweating and fingers were trembling when Nifty was making a move in my favour. I don't know why.
Shorted again @ 5056

EagleOne

Hope you don't burn your fingers, casonite. Nifty is on pivot on 30 min chart. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.