NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusi

NF OCT series data is corrupt in nest plus, its chart showing data of september series :confused:
Ravi, I know. I'm sorry but I should have posted a heads-up here. Anyway, am quoting a response to a user:

It seems that they have. I can confirm that till last expiry they were okay.

The best thing is to go to their website and chat with support; show them their error and ask them to correct it. Also, email to them and get an official answer. ...

There is a dirty solution I can think of: if they have changed their policy, then it implies that NIFTY NOV is showing NIFTY OCT till 26th. You will have to confirm this manually. If this is correct:

1. Add Nifty Nov to your market watch.
2. In Nest2Ami Settings, unselect Nifty Oct, and rename Nifty Nov to the way you want it.
3. Plus backfill Nifty Nov till the 26th (exclude today)
4. Remove Nifty Nov from market watch, and reset renaming in Nest2Ami settings.
5. Backfill Nifty Oct for current day for the data gap that would occur when you do this.

I do not know how many future symbols you work with... but here is hoping it helps.

a1b1trader

Ravi, I know. I'm sorry but I should have posted a heads-up here. Anyway, am quoting a response to a user:
Hi yusi

I hope this will not be a problem to those, who do not use Nest Trader but NOW.
Further will backfill pose a problem to NOW users

yusi

Hi yusi

I hope this will not be a problem to those, who do not use Nest Trader but NOW.
Further will backfill pose a problem to NOW users
Ravi is talking about Plus backfill. It applies to both NOW and Nest / Zerodha Trader.

Should clarify a few points, just so that the quick & dirty solution is not followed blindly:

1. The quoted email was written on Friday. Today is Monday. So, in point 5, you would have to Plus backfill 27th and today, rather than use internal backfill.

2. If you use continuous contract such as NIFTY_1, no problems. However, if you track symbol data in the form as NIFTY13OCTFUT, do not use Plus backfill for dates prior to 27th.

3. Have not checked various contracts (request you to provide feedback on the ones that you do), but this mismatch does not seem to occur for Options.

Again, check manually first -- take a quick look at the Plus Data Table. Best would be to ask Omnesys to correct their data.

a1b1trader

Sorry yusi
I didnt make my point clear.
What I meant was
Will intraday backfill of NIFTY13OCTFUT, also pose a problem to NOW users.
As I think that intraday backfill is not done by using Nest Plus data but NOW intraday data.

yusi

Sorry yusi
I didnt make my point clear.
What I meant was
Will intraday backfill of NIFTY13OCTFUT, also pose a problem to NOW users.
As I think that intraday backfill is not done by using Nest Plus data but NOW intraday data.
No, no issues that I am aware of.

NOW "current day backfill" (from the Hourly Statistics data) only has data for the current day. No problems there. For Nest users, the NSE current day data is from the Vwap Statistics data; again no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.