Numismatic (coins and notes) investment

kainiteh

I have a stamp paper like thing very old from some Sansthan I guess its 1880.
and some old copper coins (8) ... something imprinted on it what language I dunno much of it is unreadable/vanished.

no intention to sell it but will it have a value ?
Try some old history professor in nearby University,
they may help you to find the history of your possession!
:thumb:

I have a stamp paper like thing very old from some Sansthan I guess its 1880.
and some old copper coins (8) ... something imprinted on it what language I dunno much of it is unreadable/vanished.

no intention to sell it but will it have a value ?
There is a difference between unreadable (due to unknown script inscribed on it) and unreadable (being worn out (ghis jana))
If it is unreadable (script), voh to chalega, and will have value
but
yadi voh ghis gaya hai then it may not have a value.

Narendra Modi releases Rs 125 coin:

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released two commemorative coins of Rs 125 and Rs 10 on December 6, 2015, in the memory of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. On Mahaparinirvan Divas, Narendra Modi released the coins and paid tributes to Babasaheb Ambedkar.

Commemorative coins are coins which are released with an objective to commemorate and celebrate an occasion or an event. In past five years, the government has released many coins and of different figures. Here is the list of coins with highest and rare figures:

Rs 1000 commemorative coin:
Year: 2010
Why: The commemorative coin was released to celebrate 1000 years of the Brihadeeswara temple. The coin weighed 35 gm and had 80 per cent silver and 20 per cent copper.

Rs 150 commemorative coin:
Year: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Why: The commemorative coin was released to celebrate 150 years of building India- Chanakya (2010), 150th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore (2011), Comptroller and Auditor General of India (2011), 150th anniversary of Motilal Nehru (2012), 150th anniversary of Madan Mohan Malaviya (2012), 150th anniversary of Swami Vivekananda (2013)

Rs 125 commemorative coin:
Year: 2014, 2015
Why: The Government of India publish Rs 125 commemorative coin to celebrate the 125th birth anniversary of Jawaharlal Nehru (2014). This year, the government released the Rs 125 coin to commemorate Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan's birth anniversary

Rs 100 commemorative coin:
Year: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
Why: The commemorative coin was released to celebrate 100th anniversary of C. Subramanium (2010), 100th anniversary of Mother Teresa (2010), 21st Commonwealth Games (2010), ICMR: Centenary Year (2011), 100 years of Civil Aviation of India (2011), 150th anniversary of Kuka Movement (2012), Komagata Maru Incident (2014), 100th birth anniversary of Begum Akhtar (2014), 175th birth anniversary of Jamsetji Tata (2014), Centenary of Gandhi's Return from South Africa (2015), Birth anniversary of Swami Chinmayand (2015), International Yoga Day (2015), 100th birth anniversary of Rani Gaidinliu (2015).

Rs 75 commemorative coin:
Year: 2010
Why: The coin was released to commemorate the platinum jubilee of Reserve Bank of India.

Rs 60 commemorative coin:
Year: 2012, 2014
Why: The government published the coin to commemorate 60 years of India government mint of Kolkata (2012), Diamond Jubilee of the Coir Board (2014)

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/education/story/commemorative-coins/1/466162.html

Thanks for a very informative post. Do you collect coins. What sorts of coins do you have.

Not a collector, just a curious casual interested person.
Interesting.
I used to be a coin collector during my school and college days. I had a large collection. Still have a collection of few hundred coins though lost many, some stolen by friends and relatives during presentation. Still collecting but not with that urge, that I had during my earlier days. Isnt it strange that when you do not have money to buy all these stuff you have an urge to buy these things and when you have money you loose interest for such things.

niftyoption

Interesting.
I used to be a coin collector during my school and college days. I had a large collection. Still have a collection of few hundred coins though lost many, some stolen by friends and relatives during presentation. Still collecting but not with that urge, that I had during my earlier days. Isnt it strange that when you do not have money to buy all these stuff you have an urge to buy these things and when you have money you loose interest for such things.
i face same experiences in my life , but we will continue with those lessons
and make good collection ... ALL THE BEST

niftyoption

TURKEY RELEASE NEW STAMP IN THE NAME OF OUR PRIME MINISTER NARENDRA MODI JI ....

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Saw this for first time today, though the news was out in July.

RBI issues Rs 100 notes with new numbering pattern

RBI note Printing the numerals in ascending size is a visible security feature in the banknotes so that the general public can easily distinguish a counterfeit note from a genuine one. (Agencies)

Reserve Bank of India (RBI) today said it has issued Rs 100 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi Series-2005 with a new numbering pattern.

“Now, the numerals in both the number panels of these banknotes will be in ascending size from left to right while the first three alphanumeric numerical characters will remain constant in size.

“Printing the numerals in ascending size is a visible security feature in the banknotes so that the general public can easily distinguish a counterfeit note from a genuine one,” the central bank said in a release.

First three letters of the 100 rupee note will be alphanumeric and of same size, then onwards, from left to right, the numbers’ size will be ascending.

It, meanwhile, said that all banknotes in the denomination of Rs 100 issued by the bank in the past will continue to be legal tender.

RBI said that, in consultation with the government, it has been improving security features of banknotes in order to check counterfeiting and make it easy for the public to identify genuine banknotes.

The new numbering pattern will be introduced in a phased manner for all other denominations, it added.
http://www.financialexpress.com/art...s-100-notes-with-new-numbering-pattern/98200/
I saw it in a 500Rs. note