Numismatic (coins and notes) investment

Look at these currency symbols and tell me if you can see anything in common, other than the stripped lines.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
?? They all are more or less based on the Roman alphabet ??

niftyoption

?? They all are more or less based on the Roman alphabet ??
yes Bhai,

you are correct.... only indian rupee base is hindi letter " Ra " ...it is unique

:clapping:

pareshR

Govt to launch sovereign gold coins from Oct

Move over gold coins with images of the queen of England. Come Gandhi Jayanti, Indians can lap up their very own sovereign gold coins, adorned with the image of the Ashok Chakra.

The government has decided to launch the sovereign gold coin from October 2 so that people can easily take advantage of it during the Dhanteras — when the purchase of the yellow metal is considered auspicious — as well as Diwali in November,

http://www.financialexpress.com/article/economy/govt-to-launch-sovereign-gold-coins-from-oct/139952/

niftyoption

RBI to issue Rs 500, 1,000 bank notes with braille features

The Reserve Bank will issue Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 bank notes with additional features to aid the visually impaired in identification.

RBI had recently put into circulation Rs 500 bank notes with numerals in ascending size in number panels but without bleed lines and enlarged identification mark.

"It has now added two more features to aid visually impaired in easy identification of bank notes apart from securing them against counterfeiting," RBI said in a release.

source : The Economic Times

Dear TP Bhai

it is a rare note .....congratulations :clapping: :thumb:

During the tenure of Sir B.Rama Rau (RBI Governor from 01.07.1949 to 14.01.1957 during the early pat of his tenure, in January 1950. Later, in August 1951, the design was altered to include Hindi on the front/face of the Note but only to mention the denomination of the Note “Dus Rupiya” (Ten Rupee). However, the Hindi translation was incorrect and was corrected in later notes issued in April 1953, to read as “Dus Rupiye” (Ten Rupees) instead of “Rupiya”.

Given below is an image of a ten Rupee Note issued during Sir B. Rama Rau’s tenure, in my collection, with the incorrect Hindi spelling “Dus Rupiya” indicating that the vintage of this Note is around 1952/1953 (it is issued with an “N” Prefix).Also, notice that the serial number of the Note is mentioned in two places on the bottom, on either side of the RBI Governor’s signatures.
he undernoted image is that of the back/reverse of the above Note continuing with the image of the three sail sailing boat and 7 Regional Indian languages. The “Ten Rupees” in English shown on the right hand side of the Note issued during the British period, has been replaced by “ Dus Rupiya”, in Hindi (again, incorrect Spelling) which was corrected in later Notes to “Rupiye”.

The design with the corrected Hindi spelling was continued during the tenures of H.V.R.Iyengar (RBI Governor from 01.03.1957 to 28.02.1962) and P.C.Bhattacharya (RBI Governor from 01.03.1962 to 30.06.1967). Also, the number of Regional languages at the back were raised to 13.

The size of these Notes was 83 x 146 mm. The value of these Notes ranges between Rs.10000/- (for earlier issues) to about Rs.1000/- for later issues. IT IS DEPEND UP ON NOTE CONDITION …UNC NOTE VALUE 10000 /- MAXIMUM …..USED NOTE 1000 /- in numismatic market
Hello,
Do you still have that note ?

nitingosavi

I have a stamp paper like thing very old from some Sansthan I guess its 1880.
and some old copper coins (8) ... something imprinted on it what language I dunno much of it is unreadable/vanished.

no intention to sell it but will it have a value ?

I have a stamp paper like thing very old from some Sansthan I guess its 1880.
and some old copper coins (8) ... something imprinted on it what language I dunno much of it is unreadable/vanished.

no intention to sell it but will it have a value ?
Please scan them and post the pics here