Once again Turtle Soup ..

jamit_05

On 4th Dec we did have a Turtle Soup set up and , if traded would end up in some loss !

On 4th Our trade was :
Price must rise above 239.60
We Sell below 239.60 less filter.
Our SL would be the High made on 4th Dec at the time trade is triggered Plus filter.

OHLC of 4th Dec :238.25 242.40 236.75 237.60
This gave an opportunity of Rs.2.85 less filter, say around 2.00
If we didnt exit the trade the same day, next day low was 236.10 and if we still held on to the trade, we would get SLed on 6th Dec when it made a high of 243.95
Precisely my point. 4th DEC was a turtle soup setup. However, the SR114's AFL is not marking it. Will have to discuss with SR114.

This was a Turtle Soup and Turtle Soup plus one entry, both... so the AFL should be marking it out...

jamit_05

Are you still holding 100 BHEL entered on the basis o f TS ! How do you propose to trail the SL ?

It has already touched Daily Ema15 yesterday... so atleast 50% profit should hv already been taken... rest trail to Break Even till a Higher LOD is formed... that is exactly how I would do it.

regards.

rkkarnani

Pl post the chart as i am seeing diff values.
Sir, My charts / my understanding could be wrong too ! So please comment if what I see and understood is correct or not :

Sir, the previous 20 day low was made on 3rd Jan , i.e. 20 sessions from 31st Jan at 1111. This was broken on 31st Jan intraday , price went below 1111 and then went up to trigger a Long as per Turtle Soup. It probably went upto 1122 and closed at 1120.
So today 1st Feb, I thought that this could be a valid TS+1 trade if the 1111 low is breached and then goes up to trigger a Long. The SL would be todays low less filter.

rkkarnani

what about today?
Dont have chart for PNB but Should be a Short if it rises above its previous close of 912.10 and breaches the previous 20 period high of 914.65 and then goes down below 914.65 less filter to trigger a SELL !
Though I am quiet sure but in absence of a chart, I am much more prone to err hence plz chk.

rkkarnani

Precisely my point. 4th DEC was a turtle soup setup. However, the SR114's AFL is not marking it. Will have to discuss with SR114.

This was a Turtle Soup and Turtle Soup plus one entry, both... so the AFL should be marking it out...
It may be because of a very very small difference in 20 period high value on 3rd Dec. Just speculating, no other basis, because of this small diff. in value I had also erred and told you that there wasnt any Sell on 4th Dec.

On the 3rd Dec the Previous 20 period high was at 239.60 formed on 9th Nov.
On 3rd Mkt moved upto 239.25 (just 35 paise shy of forming a New high) I visibly saw this as a New high and thought there cannot be a Trade on 4th. A small variance in recording the High value can cause some error of this sort.