Pattern Trading [Actual trading, not educational]

sunny_cool

Prashanth,

First of all I am not a senior. Secondly, i want to know what make u initiate a short trade.
In last from my analysis...i think you are on right side( I am not expert, need confirmation from seniors). Reasons, why I think so are :- its downside channel & stoch which was in OS region for more than 5 bars twice. So can see more downside. Keep SL of the TL abv the price bar on closing basis.
On weeklies it also seems to be downside. Market is also in downtrend & not in good shape so its good to short weak scripts.So lets see.
Hope New year will be good for you & all other TJ forum members.

sunny, babu and other seniors.
i've posted a unitech chart.
please confirm if its a valid short?
i entered shorts yesterday and holding...

sunny_cool

shantanujatar,

Play Options very carefully it can burn your fingers. If you dont know the rules, dont play the game.

Hope u know options very well. If Not. My personnel suggestion is that u dont get into options blindly.

Refer to thread by AW10 to know options.

@prst.. In a market like anything is a short.. I just Entered Suzlon 12.50PE today @.15rs.....

No Matter what you short these days , you do get a oppurtinity to exit in profits....

Good Luck

prst

shantanujatar,

Play Options very carefully it can burn your fingers. If you dont know the rules, dont play the game.

Hope u know options very well. If Not. My personnel suggestion is that u dont get into options blindly.

Refer to thread by AW10 to know options.
very true..
sometimes i feel futures are safer compared to options..
no idea what moves the options value..

prst

Prashanth,

First of all I am not a senior. Secondly, i want to know what make u initiate a short trade.
In last from my analysis...i think you are on right side( I am not expert, need confirmation from seniors). Reasons, why I think so are :- its downside channel & stoch which was in OS region for more than 5 bars twice. So can see more downside. Keep SL of the TL abv the price bar on closing basis.
On weeklies it also seems to be downside. Market is also in downtrend & not in good shape so its good to short weak scripts.So lets see.
Hope New year will be good for you & all other TJ forum members.

Thanks sunny bhai.
i took the short trade based on the trendline rebound (BRL), as advocated by Kalmeshji's thread.

wish you and all the TJ members a happy, safe and profitable new year.
TJ rocks.

@ sunny & prst...

yes very true... i have moved on from equities to options ( and futures sometimes) a long time ago... By the grace of the almighty. have been doin ok ... But to tell you the truth, there is a different kind of a kick you get in them, though i have had hair-tearing incidents as well/.. Thanks for the ( concern ) though...

Last edited:

EagleOne

Arre Sunny bhai kahan LIC ke chakkar mein fans gaye? Ye pathaa kisi HnS etc ki parva nahin karta. HnS ka DB 2 min mein bana deta hai... one two ka four, four two ka one - iska name hai Lakhan! :p :lol:

(BTW, it is not head and shoulder pattern eiher! :D)

sunny_cool

Everything else is ok but what make you feel this??

Arre Sunny bhai kahan LIC ke chakkar mein fans gaye? Ye pathaa kisi HnS etc ki parva nahin karta. HnS ka DB 2 min mein bana deta hai... one two ka four, four two ka one - iska name hai Lakhan! :p :lol:

(BTW, it is not head and shoulder pattern eiher! :D)

EagleOne

Everything else is ok but what make you feel this??
Kya baat karte ho yaar? What feeling has got to do with it? Dikhta hai - ekdam se clear-cut! Arrey baba, corrective Elliott wave aur HnS mein vahi fark hai jo hukam ke baadshah aur taash ki dukki-tikkion mein hai, samjha bhai?!! :p :D :lol:

(Ab iss baat pe behas mat karna, bhai. Mood nahin hai. If you 'feel' it is HnS, so be it! :D)