Pattern Trading [Actual trading, not educational]

sunny_cool

But the truth is... Options trading is highly mathematical and challenging... There is nothing new in futures trading (at least in stock options... Commodities have different features and I'm not a trader in commodities... But have read somewhere that Bruce Kovner once lost good amount by doing calendar spreads in commodities)... It's actually the same as trading stocks except the leverage part and the short trading (in case you are trading in India)...

Options trading is an universe in itself... 90% of the options remain valueless at expiry...;) Most of the big traders trade options... Be it Jesse Livermore, Jim Rogers, P.T. Jones or Steve Cohen... Options give more flexibility to complex trading strategies... It's one of the most potent weapons in the hands of the knowledgeable traders... But it's better to know one's weapons before firing them (or there are chances of backfire :D ).
Well said...bingooo

thats why I am into trading according to patterns...as I know my weapon well

Option trading for me is like BANDAR KE HAATH MAIN BANDOOK DENA :p;)

babukraman

Follow up on open positions :-

Thanks Sunnycool.
Bata was also a sample chart during my "intro to candlestick charts & Dow theory" seminar at the Madras Stock Exchange last Saturday (12th Nov '11). This particular chart was used for Dow theory's, "A trend is still in effect until a confirmed reversal occurs" and for "trendline breakdown" and for the likely "double top formation". As you trade the patterns, you might be interested in the last one :)

Regards,
Babu Kothandaraman

its very good to know about monthly chart. but some time it will negative and the time frame as too long. in short term is week or eod for quick profit and the stoploss is also little. and kindly post this thread only about ur post it will useful for learners and continue also

sunny_cool

AXIS BANK

WATCH IT CAREFULLY - Already mentioned....so dont follow blindly...If it breaks the support level we can more downside...so keep track of it & if u feel any doubt raise you question.

@vssoma
As of now I am unable to find any pattern on Nifty chart...so not posting it...I think senior ppl will be right to post & comment on Nifty...I always wait for right opportunity or pattern on the chart to take place

dear babu and sunny.....

I cant thank you enough for selflessly educating and sharing your knowledge with us . The LT , hindalco analysis was bang on , so was sunny's axisbank one... I am holdin onto LT 1000PE/29DEC... and has doubled already in 2 days .. same goes for axisbank short ... Thanks a lot once again ... and as they say " May your Tribe Grow":clap::thumb: