Pride's Intra-Day Strategy [Profit Everyday]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to create AFL for this strategy. I wrote one but not very sure if its the correct representation of the system. Can some one please verify. I'm planning to back test this strategy in ami.

Code:
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) Vol " +WriteVal( V, 1.0 ) +" {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 )) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | styleBar); 

_SECTION_BEGIN("MA1");
P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
Periods = Param("Periods", 5, 2, 80, 1 );
MA1 = EMA( P, Periods);
Plot( MA1, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorRed ), styleThick  ); 
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("MA2");
P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
Periods = Param("Periods", 13, 2, 90, 1 );
MA2 = EMA( P, Periods );
Plot( MA2, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorYellow ), styleThick  ); 
_SECTION_END();

stkFast = StochD(8,3,1);
stkSlow = StochD(8,3,4);
TimeFrameSet(30*in1Minute);
F30 = StochD(8,3,1);
S30 = StochD(8,3,4);
TimeFrameRestore();

F30	=	TimeFrameExpand(F30, in1Minute * 30);
S30	=	TimeFrameExpand(S30, in1Minute * 30);

Buy = Cross(MA1,MA2) AND stkFast > stkSlow AND stkSlow < 80 AND F30 > S30;
Sell = Cross(80,stkFast) ;
Short = Cross(MA2,MA1) AND stkFast < stkSlow AND stkSlow > 20 AND F30 < S30;
Cover = Cross(stkFast,20) ;

PlotShapes( shapeUpArrow*Buy, colorGreen, 0, L, -20 );
PlotShapes( shapeDownArrow*Sell, colorBlue, 0, H, -30 );
PlotShapes( shapeDownArrow*Short, colorRed, 0, H, -20 );
PlotShapes( shapeUpArrow*Cover, colorYellow, 0, L, -30);

humble

Ankit/Hem/Pride

I am just a toddler with trading but have been observing the price movement of Nifty for last 6 months. The reason I believed that this would be a strong trending day was:
1. After seeing the 5 min bar of 32 points and it's volume bar. I had not seen one for quite sometime.
2. And then the next highlighted bar's low was not broken made me go long even though the 3rd trade had the stop loss hit. I choose the 5 min stoch crossover for entry.
3. MiniFlow system was holding on to longs and there was no EMA crossover.

B/w Ankit dont worry i wont post my live trades that are out of this method here :rofl: [I do commit a lot of mistakes]. I dont want to screw up the hardearned profits :D.

Regards,
-Sri

Last edited:
Would like to share an important reading regarding oscillator overbought/oversold conditions. Whenever an oscillator like Stochastics,( or even RSI,ROC etc ) stays above the overbought limit for more than 5 bars without taking a dip from overbought to neutral zone....the market has a lot of steam left further to go up, market then continues upward journey,then comes down,then goes into overbought zone again but shows negative divergence and then only it comes down...till then it keeps making higher tops. This is a very strong bullish signal to trade.....

Mirror image for oscillator staying in oversold region for more than 5 bars...

The above phenomenon was what was happening towards the later part of the session today.... I traded this observation today and thought I will share with all....

This is not an attempt to tweak the method...the method is doing great ,so we are happy with what the method gives us in its original form....

Smart_trade

ag_fx

Would like to share an important reading regarding oscillator overbought/oversold conditions. Whenever an oscillator like Stochastics,( or even RSI,ROC etc ) stays above the overbought limit for more than 5 bars without taking a dip from overbought to neutral zone....the market has a lot of steam left further to go up, market then continues upward journey,then comes down,then goes into overbought zone again but shows negative divergence and then only it comes down...till then it keeps making higher tops. This is a very strong bullish signal to trade.....

The above phenomenon was what was happening towards the later part of the session today.... I traded this observation today and thought I will share with all....

This is not an attempt to tweak the method...the method is doing great ,so we are happy with what the method gives us in its original form....

Smart_trade

No wonder they say...EXPERIENCE SPEAKS:clapping:

Thanks ST sir.

I m sure this will help us a lot around.

.Pride.

@ Joy: investbulls usually shows 5 days of data in the chart.

@Terminator_123: Thanks for posting the afl. I'm sure some of the other members will be able to verify it's signals.

@Smart_trade: Thanks for sharing that interesting info. It has been a great learning experience for me since the day I have joined this forum.

This forum has great members and vast knowledge hidden in it's various threads. I'm sure each day I spend here is making me a better trader :)

Rajadhiraj

Automation for this method using amibroker would not be perfect. As the method uses 2 TF 5 mins and 30 mins, the values in AFL that are used from 30 Min TF derived in 5 Mins (by using setTF, retore & expand) remain static for 30 mins, i.e. for 6 bars on 5 Min TF. (as an example check out the Stoch 30 that is plotted on 5 min TF with the afl I have posted).

.Pride.

pride, do we need to wait for candle to complete ? if cross over is clear can we initiate the trade ? can the crossover reverse when candle competes?
i think it is safe to trade only when the candle completes as sometimes price rises and falls too fast and we might get a false crossover for 1-2 minutes which will disappear when the candle closes.

But if price is rising/falling rapidly and you are sure that the crossover will happen no matter where the candle closes, you can go for the trade.

It's all about being conservative or aggressive while trading.

Keep an eye on the EMAs action each day. With experience, it will become much easier to identify crossovers and filter out false crossovers.

scorpio77

Hi Pride,

Can you pls add the below post by ST to the second post of this thread? It is important for new-bees.

Thank you for sharing your system. It seems most promising!!

Smart_trade

sibumajumdar

Smart_trade
Dear ST,

Please if possible help us with screen shot (marking the zone)of ur valuable observation which will help to understand better by TA learner. Thanks in adv. Happy Trade.

SM

Dear Pride,

I'm an absolute newbiee when it comes to trading and you can also see that this is my first post on this forum.

First of all, A BIG THANK YOU for sharing this system.:clap:
I would also like to thank Ankit and others who were supporting you in this thread. :thumb:

I tried to paper trade this method yesterday on BANK-NIFTY (The free chart on IB) and here is the chart.

My question now is, @ 12.30, The EMAs crossed over and there after, the price was continuously in the uptrend. But the STS was above 80 at the same time so I didn't take the trade according to the system. Is it possible to overcome this?

Please excuse me if I have not understood anything major and I'm sounding stupid here.

Thanks Again,
Cheers,
Saran

Status
Not open for further replies.