Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

Dax Devil

@ Josh, Tracerbullet

Friends, I am using the old manual version of josh's utility. The volume bars don't get made in realtime in lower TF so I had to backfill frequently. Also I need to get rid of OI column in excel sheet. I tried tweaking, nothing happens.
Other thing, how can I tweak the code in data module or/and anywhere else in this old version so that I can have 1 min candles instead of tick. Would I need to do something in ami as well? Thanks.

josh1

@ Josh, Tracerbullet

Friends, I am using the old manual version of josh's utility. The volume bars don't get made in realtime in lower TF so I had to backfill frequently. Also I need to get rid of OI column in excel sheet. I tried tweaking, nothing happens.
Other thing, how can I tweak the code in data module or/and anywhere else in this old version so that I can have 1 min candles instead of tick. Would I need to do something in ami as well? Thanks.
You will have to store data received by excel into arrays, create 1 min bars and send to Amibroker. For that, you will have to learn VBA.

rmike

Tested RTD 1.3

Encountered the same bug as reported by snake

Snake.Head said:
Reporting bug from 1.30 only
Backfill doesn't pick up scrips from market watch even with settings.ini file modified manually. Throws up the error of
Code:
at least one script selected
and then the utility exits

On the positive side, RTDMan runs without issues as a standalone console app. RTD cleans up and closes ami properly while exiting

Since backfill & delete ticks processes were unable to be launched (which were causative of the 'memory leak'), couldn't test for memory leak integrity

Regards,

Yes, its true. It doesn't pick up the symbols from the market watch into RTD. Settings.ini remains unaltered even if the symbols in Market Watch changed.
I am reporting this from Windows 10 (64 bit). Previous versions are working great.

Last edited:

shankar4kv

Yes, its true. It doesn't pick up the symbols from the market watch into RTD. Settings.ini remains unaltered even if the symbols in Market Watch changed.
I am reporting this from Windows 10 (64 bit). Previous versions are working great.
For me its working fine!

It may be the Administrator Rights problem, try installing in other than root C: drive,

josh1

Tested RTD 1.3

Encountered the same bug as reported by snake

Backfill doesn't pick up scrips from market watch even with settings.ini file modified manually. Throws up the error of
Code:
at least one script selected
and then the utility exits

On the positive side, RTDMan runs without issues as a standalone console app. RTD cleans up and closes ami properly while exiting

Since backfill & delete ticks processes were unable to be launched (which were causative of the 'memory leak'), couldn't test for memory leak integrity

Regards,
Are... boss,
RTD will pick up scrips from Market Watch but not update in settings.ini untill you select them -- click on StartRTD or Restart.

When you click on Backfill, another window will pop up. After that, you have to select source. NestPlus or VWAP/Stat or Index. (Index will not be available for NOW)
When you select Radio Button, Scrips from Market Watch will be filled up in the ListView below. Select the scrips you want to backfill. At the top you have to select From and to Time also. Thereafter, Click on Do backfill. RTD will backfill all selected scrips for the selected time. This has nothing to do with scrips in settings.ini

Scrips in settings in settings.ini are meant for RTDMan.
If you want to add scrips there, go to settings and enter number of scrips you want to preserve and update -yes. Say you want to preserve 4 scrips in settings. Thereafter go to backfill and select scrips as before and click on StartRTD. If already started, click on Restart. Selected scrips will be added in settings.ini from No.5 onwards. If scrips are present at No.5 and above, they will be replaced by selected scrips.

If you enter 0 (zero) against preserve and update is yes all scrips in settings will be replaced by selected scrips. If you select 'No' for update, settings.ini will not be changed.
I think help file has the lacunae. I solved Snake's problem thru Teamviewer.

P.S. If Listview does not pick up all scrips from Market watch, you may have to reinstall NOW.

@snake.head,

Can you please add two sections How to do backfill and How to save scrips for Realtime update in the help file?

Last edited:

candle

Josh sir,

My backfill and RTD are ok. But the problem is that my amibroker is not refreshing automatically. Real time data is updating in ami, but candle is not updating automatically. It has to be refreshed manually, then only the candle is updating. I am using Ami 5.3 with RTD1.30. Does it needs some setting in ami to be changed?

regards.

Last edited: