Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

josh1

I cant Remember whats the exact problem I have faced,

initially I have tried as you have mentioned, but the problem is that RTDMan is a console app so it doesn't have the capability of hiding by its own,

hence though I have made separate app to hide with Autoit. finally I decided to merge that with the RTD

because if separate app created then it consumes 1 - 3mb of memory, rather than the only purpose of that app was to hide and show RTDMan, even RTDMan not consume that much memory, so finally mergedown with RTD

if that is the case then we may make it by changing caption in to show in the strip gui hide button, after RTDMan started, by merging down with existing hide function.
You had earlier created options in settings to hide each component. It was working properly. Now somewhere you mixed the code.
Edit - Don't bother, I fixed it.

Last edited:

josh1

@rmike,
I have added support for multiplying price of "cde_fo|CNXNIFTY" by 100. Somebody with currency will have to test it on NOW or Nest.

if (settings.scrips_array[script_id].topic_name == "cde_fo|CNXNIFTY") newdata.ltp = newdata.ltp * 100 ;

new exe is uploaded here https://www.dropbox.com/s/wze9iurgtf9u037/RTDMan.exe?dl=0

edit - Please test this and revert. I have corrected the Bell code and tested. Bell rings if network down for given number of seconds. It is working fine.

Last edited:

rmike

Hi Josh

First of all thanks a ton for taking out the time and effort to recompile RTDMan Mod

Could only test after market hours. Posting only the (fairly preliminary) results & observations without outlining all the steps & permutations/ combinations as that would make this post too long

Downloaded RTD_1.26 and RTDMan Mod

Neither RTDMan Mod nor the bundled RTDMan picked up the tickers automatically from the watchlist. The backfill tool in conjunction with the bundled RTDMan could however pick up the watchlist tickers

With both versions of RTDMan, backfill couldn't be accomplished. Reconfirmed presence of format files by re running formats.exe as well as checking the files physically (am suspecting it could be a NOW pick up issue. While the data was present in the hourly stats, the resultant temp output text files of individual tickers, generated during the backfill process, were blank). Upon running the delete ticks process separately, a different watchlist was shown in GUI. The process was picking up preconfigured NOW watchlists (Nifty 50) rather than the live one

Modified the settings.ini manually for watchlist ticker inclusion and was then able to get Topic_connected status from both RTDMan versions

The RTDMan Mod works as desired. Index is being picked up with LTP output multiplied by 100 :thumb:, since this was after market close, the 1 min bars were of constant value (expectedly). The alarm function works fine. Though found the 'crying child' as a bit eerie, hence substituted it with a buzzer alarm. Did not carry out price and volume accuracy benchmarking

Main concerns pertain to the working of the GUI process. There's a fair bit that appears to be awry there. The code appears to be kinda open ended in the sense that the process is launching child process clones with subsequent command clicks. The resultant memory leak mounts with each such event. Last checked the memory leak was upwards of 17 Mb which is way beyond acceptable. The process does not appear to exit cleanly with consistency, hence resultant force closures and blank chart phenomena are just waiting around the corner :) Not an issue during testing, but would upset the attention equilibrium during live trading

As it stands currently, using RTDMan Mod with settings.ini by directly invoking it as a console app is the best stable bet (at least in conjunction with NOW)

Regards,

Last edited:

TracerBullet

josh / shankar - it would be good to allow saving scrips and allowing 1 click backfill that does not need NOW fronted. So everything happens in background.
Just save the scrip names once in gui, and have some command input args option to do backfill for entire day, aligned with 1 min bars, for those scrips.

This is possible - i have ahk scrips doing the same, but its wip and will be limited for my requirements. Sending Keyboard commands works and does not interfere with Amibroker fronted. This way we can do periodic backfills to match H/L with server data.

josh1

brother josh1,
i m using rt 1.26 version but when i go for backfill my nest trader stop working and shut down automatecally. pl. help me
Are you doing backfill of MCX commodity scrips ? Their data takes ages to retrieve. Makes Nest Trader unstable. Do 2 scrips at a time. In settings -- Plus chart open -- Keep "Yes".

Snake.Head

brother josh1,
i m using rt 1.26 version but when i go for backfill my nest trader stop working and shut down automatecally. pl. help me
Are you doing backfill of MCX commodity scrips ? Their data takes ages to retrieve. Makes Nest Trader unstable. Do 2 scrips at a time. In settings -- Plus chart open -- Keep "Yes".
If You doing MCX
Go to NestPlus dashboard and Nest Plus settings set number of days 4 or 5 and check "Clear cache". Click "Save"

Nest won't crash while doing backfill

josh1

Neither RTDMan Mod nor the bundled RTDMan picked up the tickers automatically from the watchlist.

They are not programmed to pick-up tickers automatically. They read tickers from settings.in and connect to Nest/NOW RTD server. Receive Quotes and push quotes to Amibroker.

The backfill tool in conjunction with the bundled RTDMan could however pick up the watchlist tickers
Yes it is designed to do that.

With both versions of RTDMan, backfill couldn't be accomplished. Reconfirmed presence of format files by re running formats.exe as well as checking the files physically (am suspecting it could be a NOW pick up issue. While the data was present in the hourly stats, the resultant temp output text files of individual tickers, generated during the backfill process, were blank).
RTDMan does not do backfill. RTD1.26 does it. Temp output files will be blank if you have not arranged columns in Data table or Hourly statistics as prescribed in tutorial.

Upon running the delete ticks process separately, a different watchlist was shown in GUI. The process was picking up preconfigured NOW watchlists (Nifty 50) rather than the live one
Delete tics launches separate application. It picks up all scrips from Amibroker database and not from marketwatch.

Modified the settings.ini manually for watchlist ticker inclusion and was then able to get Topic_connected status from both RTDMan versions
RTD 1.26 includes scrips in settings.ini if you select scrips from its GUI (Backfill)

The RTDMan Mod works as desired. Index is being picked up with LTP output multiplied by 100 :thumb:, since this was after market close, the 1 min bars were of constant value (expectedly). The alarm function works fine. Though found the 'crying child' as a bit eerie, hence substituted it with a buzzer alarm. Did not carry out price and volume accuracy benchmarking
OK

Main concerns pertain to the working of the GUI process. There's a fair bit that appears to be awry there. The code appears to be kinda open ended in the sense that the process is launching child process clones with subsequent command clicks. The resultant memory leak mounts with each such event. Last checked the memory leak was upwards of 17 Mb which is way beyond acceptable. The process does not appear to exit cleanly with consistency, hence resultant force closures and blank chart phenomena are just waiting around the corner :) Not an issue during testing, but would upset the attention equilibrium during live trading
Josh1 and Shankar are still amateur programmers.
40 global variables including one array were declared inside functions. Huge memory leak was guaranteed.
Moved all of them out side of functions at the top of code. That should take care of the memory leaks.

It took three hours of investigation to find out the cause of blank chart phenomenon. On Click on Exit, We were closing RTDMan by closing its process (May be Shankar had problem closing Console window). It was not getting chance to cleanup Broker object before closing. Broker.exe remained in memory and it would delete preferences and layouts.
Fixed that by issuing winclose command to its console. Now it is doing cleanup before exiting. This issue was bugging me for long time. Now it is over. :cool: Live and learn all the time.:lol:

Created revised installer and uploaded to dropbox. I am calling it RTD_1.30. Link is below in my signature -- NOW-Nest-Zerodha Trader to Amibroker.
I am not going to any more changes now.

If you get time please check for memory leaks once again.

rmike

Tested RTDMan Mod in live markets (as console app)

Unfortunately currency markets were closed today, hence Nifty pick up was not available (but had already kinda confirmed regarding correct LTP output, yesterday)

Rest all was smooth going. Alarm works fine. No issues with price & volume data. Memory occupied, stable at 1.3 Mb :cool:

In a nutshell, nothing much exciting to report :)

Thanks once again for the effort! I personally feel that the next step forward ought to be towards making this app even faster than it is now

Regards,

Last edited: