Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

josh1

I can open the help file. It is nicely arranged. Some suggestions-
1. Application runs in Windows XP and above.
2.Please include what is and how to activate link to Excel.
3.Highlight the part where Format files are to be extracted to Amibroker\formats folder.
4.Include of snapshot of nest trader title (erase your id)
5. Nifty spot can be backfilled with data downloader

Edit - It does not open from Network drive but opens from C drive.

Last edited:

Snake.Head

I can open the help file. It is nicely arranged. Some suggestions-
1. Application runs in Windows XP and above.
2.Please include what is and how to activate link to Excel.
3.Highlight the part where Format files are to be extracted to Amibroker\formats folder.
4.Include of snapshot of nest trader title (erase your id)
5. Nifty spot can be backfilled with data downloader

Edit - It does not open from Network drive but opens from C drive.
Will do it today after market hour.

shankar4kv

Updated Help file as suggested josh1
.chm .pdf

Dont know why its not opening in my win7 and as well as in one of my xp system, service pack 3

but its working in my other two xp machine service pack 3

Attachments

rmike

Errata

rmike said:
both the worker cpp's were coded to multiply volume by a factor of 100, if the ticker happened to be 'Nifty'
My Bad! Correction
both the worker cpp's were coded to multiply LTP by a factor of 100, if the ticker happened to be 'Nifty'
Josh said:
I do not know what is its exact name in CDS segment. If I get it, it is 2 minutes job to incorporate
Code:
Scripxx=cde_fo|CNXNIFTY;NIFTY;Last Traded Price;Last Trade Time
Josh said:
It was Yusi's code that inspired me to develop this. He was gracious to give me his utility without any expectation in return. Knowing that I am his competitor
Yusi's always been a class apart since the time I've known him. Good to know that nothing's changed
Josh said:
You have not understood my point. This is backfill of gaps..........
No I got that! Tickmode works during live backfill too with one caveat. Let me outline the process flow

Restoration after Net interruption/ Terminal unresponsive --> Fire up g downloader at next XX min 01 sec (so that all previous 1 min complete data upto XX min is downloaded) - Takes 1 mouse click and about 9 secs (for 50 tickers) to complete --> RTD keeps running in the meanwhile

Time now is XX min & 1 + 9 sec --> Fire scrip for auto push/ backfill of downloaded data into ami using Tickmode format - Takes 1 mouse click and about 4 secs to complete

Time now is XX min and 14 secs. Voila process complete! RTD takes over for every ticker individually from where Tickmode left off!

The Caveat - Every ticker will have complete 1 min data till XX min and missing tick data ranging from XX min to XX min 11 - 14 sec (a gap of about 11 to 15 secs)

This doesn't significantly impinge my charting & trading, though someone who trades at pure tick level may be shortchanged by a small amount :)
Josh said:
GUI Avtar is done in Autoit. It consumes RTDMan. Yes. It does pick up tickers as well as indexes from watchlist and saves them to settings.ini. Thereafter, it fires RTDMan
Great going!!! Would look forward to trying out the latest n the greatest :) after you finish incorporating spot index pickup from NOW too

Regards,

P.S - Will this utility pick up backfill from NOW VWAP tables too?!

Last edited:

josh1

Errata

My Bad! Correction
both the worker cpp's were coded to multiply LTP by a factor of 100, if the ticker happened to be 'Nifty'

Code:
Scripxx=cde_fo|CNXNIFTY;NIFTY;Last Traded Price;Last Trade Time
Yusi's always been a class apart since the time I've known him. Good to know that nothing's changed
No I got that! Tickmode works during live backfill too with one caveat. Let me outline the process flow

Restoration after Net interruption/ Terminal unresponsive --> Fire up g downloader at next XX min 01 sec (so that all previous 1 min complete data upto XX min is downloaded) - Takes 1 mouse click and about 9 secs (for 50 tickers) to complete --> RTD keeps running in the meanwhile

Time now is XX min & 1 + 9 sec --> Fire scrip for auto push/ backfill of downloaded data into ami using Tickmode format - Takes 1 mouse click and about 4 secs to complete

Time now is XX min and 14 secs. Voila process complete! RTD takes over for every ticker individually from where Tickmode left off!

The Caveat - Every ticker will have complete 1 min data till XX min and missing tick data ranging from XX min to XX min 11 - 14 sec (a gap of about 11 to 15 secs)

This doesn't significantly impinge my charting & trading, though someone who trades at pure tick level may be shortchanged by a small amount :)
Great going!!! Would look forward to trying out the latest n the greatest :) after you finish incorporating spot index pickup from NOW too

Regards,

P.S - Will this utility pick up backfill from NOW VWAP tables too?!
Ahh... So it is cde_fo and "CNXNIFTY". There is no space between 'CNX' and 'NIFTY' and it is all CAPS. :cool: I shall incorporate that.

Backfill application i.e. RTD fills the gap directly. There is no data loss from XX min to XX min 11 - 14 sec (a gap of about 11 to 15 secs).

Are you doing backfill from Google ? It does not have fno data.

VWAP is called Hourly Statistics in NOW. This application picks up data from data table as well as VWAP/Hourly statistics at your option. In fact it was developed for that purpose.