Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

josh1

Good morning all,
Dear Josh1 and Shankar and Trucebullet and Snake.head Lol :)
You guys have created one of the best utility for trading industry and the advantage cannot be more emphasized those who know how to make use of it are far ahead of the data providers who charge 500 and more for their shitty lagging data and even more pathetic Bangladeshi support I have been a victim of their service for years and its only months that I really started using utility that u guys created and I am in absolute love with it(unconditionally) .

Thank You Guys.

Now comes my question :)

I use a charting software which accepts ASCII format so currently what I do is Iuse this utility to feed amibroker and then export ascii data from amibroker which is then fed to the charting software.

This process is definitely not fool proof and I could say below acceptable level.

So could you guys modify this utility to catch data from terminals and save it as ASCII?

If that is possible then it will truly become a universal data feeder as ASCII is a format accepted by almost every charting software and I believe it might become the lynux of the operating systems? :)

Gracias
This application saves data in ASCII first. Thereafter it instructs Amibroker to import it. However, the ASCII file is overwritten every second. Look into the temporary CSV folder. You will see the ASCII file (quotes.rtd). You can feed it to your charting application.

Thank for providing us such good utility!
I am user of old RTDMAN utility which needs manual back filling and stuck with it, recently used RTD 1.30,which is excellent except back filling.
In old utility i can back fill on same symbol e.g symbol SILVERMIC ---manual back fill with data table using same symbol name(don't need to change name To SILVERMICF1 or something else) as it gives continuous chart.
But in RTD 1.30 its compulsory to change symbol name to F1or_1 and if i kept that Rename symbol box empty backfilling create another symbol which does't show real time data,but only shows backfilled content.
For e.g in setting ini file i used script name-
Scrip1=mcx_fo|SILVERMIC15NOVFUT;SILVERMIC;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today
Then in old utility real time data transferred as symbol name SILVERMIC and Backfilling done in same symbol,
In RTD 1.30 with above script name RT data transferred as symbol name SILVERMIC but if i kept %Rename symbol AS% box-empty and do backfill,then backfilling is done with creating new separate symbol as SILVERMIC15NOVFUT and not in SILVERMIC.
And if i use %Rename symbol AS% box as _F1 then RTdata and Backfilling both done in SILVERMIC_F1 as single symbol.
So is it possible to back fill without changing symbol name to _F1 or_1 etc.
I hope you understand my problem and sorry for complicate language.

Snake.Head

Thank for providing us such good utility!
I am user of old RTDMAN utility which needs manual back filling and stuck with it, recently used RTD 1.30,which is excellent except back filling.
In old utility i can back fill on same symbol e.g symbol SILVERMIC ---manual back fill with data table using same symbol name(don't need to change name To SILVERMICF1 or something else) as it gives continuous chart.
But in RTD 1.30 its compulsory to change symbol name to F1or_1 and if i kept that Rename symbol box empty backfilling create another symbol which does't show real time data,but only shows backfilled content.
For e.g in setting ini file i used script name-
Scrip1=mcx_fo|SILVERMIC15NOVFUT;SILVERMIC;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today
Then in old utility real time data transferred as symbol name SILVERMIC and Backfilling done in same symbol,
In RTD 1.30 with above script name RT data transferred as symbol name SILVERMIC but if i kept %Rename symbol AS% box-empty and do backfill,then backfilling is done with creating new separate symbol as SILVERMIC15NOVFUT and not in SILVERMIC.
And if i use %Rename symbol AS% box as _F1 then RTdata and Backfilling both done in SILVERMIC_F1 as single symbol.
So is it possible to back fill without changing symbol name to _F1 or_1 etc.
I hope you understand my problem and sorry for complicate language.
You can do one thing merge SILVERMIC has to SILVERMIC_F1
Keep "Rename symbol future as symbol" _F1 or whatever you desire to append

From amibroker help file
Merging quotations of two symbols
It happens sometimes that the ticker for the symbol is changed then you may get two tickers in your database - one holding historical quotes and the second one holding newest quotes (after name change). In order to put all quotes to the single ticker you should use Symbol->Merge feature. You should just select the new ticker (after name change) and choose Symbol->Merge. Then from the combo you should choose original ticker ("merge with") and optionally check the following fields:

overwrite duplicate quotes - checking this option will overwrite the quotes already existing in "new" ticker with those present in "old" ticker (this should really not be the case, but may happen).
delete "merge with" afterwards - checking this option will delete the "old" ticker after merging
assign alias name - checking this option will copy the "old" ticker to the alias field of the "new" ticker

josh1

@DRPRADEEPMM

Give two spaces in the Rename Symbol Box. That should serve your purpose. (Click in the box and press space_bar twice.

In case that does not work, do what snake.head said. Does it matter so much if all futures of SILVERMIC are called SILVERMIC_F in future?

Hi Josh1, allow me to answer that one.

Personally, i trade only on near months. So, i let "-EQ" of equities un-removed. Instead, prefer to keep Futures as cleanSymbols without other additions.

How this helps is that no other category then requires any symbol modification = Low maintenance overhead

As of now, RTD does not save spaces and if i forgot to insert space and save before starting RTD or Backfill then the tool needs to be stopped-text fields edited-tool restarted- backfill again... the whole cycle needs to be repeated.. you might be getting the picture..

It is really desirable if in any case "space" could be added as a valid option that remains saved until changed.

thanks..

josh1

Hi Josh1, allow me to answer that one.

Personally, i trade only on near months. So, i let "-EQ" of equities un-removed. Instead, prefer to keep Futures as cleanSymbols without other additions.

How this helps is that no other category then requires any symbol modification = Low maintenance overhead

As of now, RTD does not save spaces and if i forgot to insert space and save before starting RTD or Backfill then the tool needs to be stopped-text fields edited-tool restarted- backfill again... the whole cycle needs to be repeated.. you might be getting the picture..

It is really desirable if in any case "space" could be added as a valid option that remains saved until changed.

thanks..
What is the problem in keeping future s as -F1 or -F or just - or _. Space cannot be saved.
If you forget, just merge new symbol. No need to recycle.
If you insist on clean symbol, go ahead and do the coding