Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

Even if a symbol is merged, rtd goes on in old symbol until rtd is stopped to shift rtd to a originally wanted symbol. backfill might be needed again to refill for duration when rtd and restarted.

i wish i knew coding. that's a handicap, as yet. just trying to learn.

Better to shift to _ or F etc until then..

josh1

Even if a symbol is merged, rtd goes on in old symbol until rtd is stopped to shift rtd to a originally wanted symbol. backfill might be needed again to refill for duration when rtd and restarted.

i wish i knew coding. that's a handicap, as yet. just trying to learn.

Better to shift to _ or F etc until then..
What? There is a misunderstanding. Select your scrips in window and StartRTD. Your settings.ini will be created. Say it is like this.
Scrip1=mcx_fo|SILVERMIC15NOVFUT;SILVERMIC15NOVFUT;LTP;LTT; Volume Traded Today

Open Settings.ini and edit manually. Remove the Bold part. You problem is solved. You have to do that for all future scrips.

Scrip1=mcx_fo|SILVERMIC15NOVFUT;SILVERMIC;LTP;LTT; Volume Traded Today

When the series changes, in December, you have to open settings.ini and change like this. This can be done with Find and replace for all scrips.

Scrip1=mcx_fo|SILVERMIC15DECFUT;SILVERMIC;LTP;LTT; Volume Traded Today

Next month you have to do this ->
Scrip1=mcx_fo|SILVERMIC16JANFUT;SILVERMIC;LTP;LTT; Volume Traded Today

This is once in a month activity of hardly 2 minutes.

Another simpler and better trick is to maintain all futures clean in Amibroker and use the alias field. So, for SILVERMIC you can have SILVERMIC_F as alias name. You can give _F in RTD settings. All data, including backfill will go to SILVERMIC.

No coding required

Last edited:
My sincere and heartfelt gratitude for the great realtime data software developed by Josh an d his team. I first used datafeeder with separate folder for NestRTD and backfill it always worked flawlessly) Then I started using most automatic version RTD1.25 , it also worked great saving one problem...
it hangs the Amibroker initially for at least 4 minute .. or even more sometimes. I have windows 7 and 4 GB RAM on dell laptop. I also use 5MB RAM disk as per guidance after that it works nicely after initial hiccups daily.
Recently i saw Josh msg and advice to use version 1.26 at least. I have downloaded version 1.30. I hope that it will do away the Hang problem . (Is there a way to know abt new updates regularly?)
Thank you all very much.

Last edited:
For those who had problems of crashing in 1.30, have a look at your settings file and check if index setting is in correct format or not

Today 1.30 crashed and i found that i had spoiled the format of CNX NIFTY in settings.ini.

josh1

My sincere and heartfelt gratitude for the great realtime data software developed by Josh an d his team. I first used datafeeder with separate folder for NestRTD and backfill it always worked flawlessly) Then I started using most automatic version RTD1.25 , it also worked great saving one problem...
it hangs the Amibroker initially for at least 4 minute .. or even more sometimes. I have windows 7 and 4 GB RAM on dell laptop. I also use 5MB RAM disk as per guidance after that it works nicely after initial hiccups daily.
Recently i saw Josh msg and advice to use version 1.26 at least. I have downloaded version 1.30. I hope that it will do away the Hang problem . (Is there a way to know abt new updates regularly?)
Thank you all very much.
Neither RTD nor RTDMan hang Amibroker. It must be some other problem. Like Snake.head said his RTD1.30 was crashing. It turned out that his Amibroker was crashing first.

Snake.Head

Neither RTD nor RTDMan hang Amibroker. It must be some other problem. Like Snake.head said his RTD1.30 was crashing. It turned out that his Amibroker was crashing first.
No that is other issue
those two different issue few others have too confirmed about RTD 1.30 crash on First tick

Today (14th Oct 2015) I started my laptop (del inspiron 1545, win7 - 4gb RAM and 5 MB RAMdisc) at 8.55and zerodha Tader at 8.58 am. I started RTD 1.30 at 9.5 and as suaully it opened amibroker (v 5.60).
At 9.15 am when market started and realtiem update begun... my lappy hanged and then after 3 minute things started moving.. Amibroker remained hanged .. I waited .. 9.20.. 9.25... amibroker became visible but still in hanged mode... finally at 9.30 i stopped RTD update and exited it.
I started earlier manual version of Josh utility.. and it worked nicely except one glitch .. it opened amibroker with no tab but just blank blue screen.. SO i had to open all the tabs I use (mostly 3 futures of different time frames) once again.
At 3 I checked lates RTDman ( i downloaded while downlodng latest RTD 1.30).. it also opened amibroker with blank blue screen, and I had to manually set all tab again but it worked nicely too without hanging.
Now i seek help ... because first hour is so crucial for trading.. each second counts... when RTD 1.30 hangs for so long..

1. What is the way out to avoid hanging of pc or amibroker? What should I check or do?
2. Why was the auto selection screen for realtime update removed in latest RTD (in RTD 1.25 for rt update one just needed to select nest and blank space would fill with names auto fetched from market watch and there was option to select as many stock for rt update as one wanted) and new ini file placed instead which needs to be updated manually? Did it turn this a better utility with less auto function?

josh1

Today (14th Oct 2015) I started my laptop (del inspiron 1545, win7 - 4gb RAM and 5 MB RAMdisc) at 8.55and zerodha Tader at 8.58 am. I started RTD 1.30 at 9.5 and as suaully it opened amibroker (v 5.60).
At 9.15 am when market started and realtiem update begun... my lappy hanged and then after 3 minute things started moving.. Amibroker remained hanged .. I waited .. 9.20.. 9.25... amibroker became visible but still in hanged mode... finally at 9.30 i stopped RTD update and exited it.
I started earlier manual version of Josh utility.. and it worked nicely except one glitch .. it opened amibroker with no tab but just blank blue screen.. SO i had to open all the tabs I use (mostly 3 futures of different time frames) once again.
At 3 I checked lates RTDman ( i downloaded while downlodng latest RTD 1.30).. it also opened amibroker with blank blue screen, and I had to manually set all tab again but it worked nicely too without hanging.
Now i seek help ... because first hour is so crucial for trading.. each second counts... when RTD 1.30 hangs for so long..

1. What is the way out to avoid hanging of pc or amibroker? What should I check or do?
2. Why was the auto selection screen for realtime update removed in latest RTD (in RTD 1.25 for rt update one just needed to select nest and blank space would fill with names auto fetched from market watch and there was option to select as many stock for rt update as one wanted) and new ini file placed instead which needs to be updated manually? Did it turn this a better utility with less auto function?
1. Start Amibroker before RTD1.30 tomorrow.
2. In RTD1.3, click on Backfill and then Plus or VWAP. Then Start RTD. Do you change your scrips every day? Once you save scrips in settings.ini, you need not select them everyday. Please read Help file carefully. This version is not less auto than earlier.
3. Blank blue screen of Amibroker was a glitch in earlier version. It is removed in RTD1.30.

shankar4kv

1. many users report that RTDMan crash on market start but I never faced like that a hang of amibroker or RTDMan Crash either eq nor commodity, let me once again check that same for few time because it can be check only at market start (need some more time)

2. The auto selection window is inside the backfill button, click on backfill button you will get the window to select the scripts.

So many things improved inside the codes of RTD 1.30 to run amibroker smoothly (on Starting and exiting broker.exe)

What I am trying to say is 1.25 may crash but 1.30 will not!