Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Dear josh,
I must thank you in the first place for the wonderful effort you have made. Im facing some issue here plz help me with it. Im successfully done with my first part,
I can fetch data from NEST to the excel sheet & it updates perfectly fine.
Folder RT is created and it has mycsv.txt in it.
When i click on start RT data, ami opens up, but blank and no symbols in it. It gives me an error: formula file not found or empty- no chart to display.
may be Im not doing the data base settings path right!
My ami is in c:prog\ami should i create a new data base there? or some where else? what should i do with C:RT? please guide me.
I used the excel file RT3 (the updated one). Thanks.
Did you copy Nest3.format file into "formats" folder below AmiBroker folder?

Also see below:- Check your installation of Ami

Files and directories used by AmiBroker

AmiBroker main directory - the directory where you installed AmiBroker. You can find main AmiBroker executable file (BROKER.EXE) there.

PROGRAM FILES

Broker.exe - main application file
CoolTool.dll, MiscTool.dll, Brokey.dll- additional application files required by broker.exe
HTMLView.exe - the report viewer, used to display backtest reports
emailer.exe, emailerssl.exe - a small add-on command line utilities that sends user-defined alerts via e-mail
DBCAPI.DLL - (present only if RT version is installed) - eSignal DBCAPI support library
Plugins - the subfolder that contains all plug-in DLLs.
unins000.exe and unins000.dat - uninstaller program.
Broker.chm - compiled HELP file

DATA FILES

Data - default database folder, contains broker.master, broker.workspace, 0-9, A-Z, '_' symbol data subfolders and Layouts subfolder. Read this to learn more about AmiBroker database concepts.
broker.master - binary data file containing the table of all symbols available in the database. Used for quick loading of symbols. The table of symbols includes information about assignments of symbols to categories (markets, groups, sectors, industries, watch lists, indices and favorites). If you delete this file AmiBroker will re-create it because this information is available also in the individual symbol data files.
broker.workspace - binary data file containing the information about the database settings (interval, data source used, etc), category names, global advance/decline data, etc. If you delete this file you will lost database settings and category names will be reset to defaults.
default.awl, *.awl - Amibroker Workspace layout files. Text files that contain the information about the layouts and chart sheets. The default.awl file stored in "Layouts" subfolder inside database folder contains default LOCAL layout for this database. The default.awl file stored in "Layouts" subfolder of AmiBroker main directory contains default GLOBAL layout (used when there is no local layout present). If you delete this file then default layout will be generated based on default.layout file that is supplied with AmiBroker.
broker.newcharts - binary file containing references between chart layouts and formula files used. If you delete it you will see "formula file empty or can not be found" in your charts because reference between chart ID and formula is lost. You will NOT however lose your formulas because formulas are separate. You will be able to reinsert them into your charts.
broker.layers - text file that contains information about chart layers. If you delete this file layers will be reset to factory defaults.
broker.groups, broker.markets, broker.sectors, broker.industries - text files that contain default names for groups, markets, sectors and industries. Used only at the database creation time. Later this information is stored per-database in broker.workspace file. If you delete them, AmiBroker will default to group n, market n, sector n, industry n names, where n is 1...256
broker.prefs - binary file that contains user preference settings (available from Tools->Preferences). If you delete this file AmiBroker will reset to factory default settings
broker.params - text file that contains persistent information about user-defined indicator parameters.

Thanks for the info josh. The Nest3.format file has been copied. All the .exe & dll files are present. I guess the problem lies in creating the new data base and connecting it. when i delete the existing data base it automatically creates "MyNewData". I tried to create a new data base and naming it NowRTData. when opened it has many sub folders as u said from 0-9,a-z.... but no symbol comes up on the chart, its jus blank. I already had an other database with 6 months data in it, which was provided by my vendor. when connecting to that it loads up & works jus fine. But when i switch back to the one i created, it never comes up. Towards the right side bottom corner of Ami where it says Database information, shows the path of the data base & says 0 symbols. Where am i doing it wrong? I know, jus by creating a new data base it dosn't connect automatically to the data feed, could you please help?

josh1

Thanks for the info josh. The Nest3.format file has been copied. All the .exe & dll files are present. I guess the problem lies in creating the new data base and connecting it. when i delete the existing data base it automatically creates "MyNewData". I tried to create a new data base and naming it NowRTData. when opened it has many sub folders as u said from 0-9,a-z.... but no symbol comes up on the chart, its jus blank. I already had an other database with 6 months data in it, which was provided by my vendor. when connecting to that it loads up & works jus fine. But when i switch back to the one i created, it never comes up. Towards the right side bottom corner of Ami where it says Database information, shows the path of the data base & says 0 symbols. Where am i doing it wrong? I know, jus by creating a new data base it dosn't connect automatically to the data feed, could you please help?
MyNewData is also fine. You have to give correct path in RT3. Check the database settings as given earlier in the thread. Source- Local database, No.of bars 30000, interval - tick. You will not get chart without that.
otherwise just copy all folder/files from the working database to NowRTData or MyNewData folder which ever you like. It will work. Delete the unwanted symbols.

Last edited:
MyNewData is also fine. You have to give correct path in RT3. Check the database settings as given earlier in the thread. Source- Local database, No.of bars 30000, interval - tick. You will not get chart without that.
otherwise just copy all folder/files from the working database to NowRTData or MyNewData folder which ever you like. It will work. Delete the unwanted symbols.
as explained in above i hve created Data base path as NowRTData but it wil not load at start up even i hve ticked it as load at start up. nd every time i hve to open data base and select the folder as NOwRTdata ... do every one here do the same method???

josh1

as explained in above i hve created Data base path as NowRTData but it wil not load at start up even i hve ticked it as load at start up. nd every time i hve to open data base and select the folder as NOwRTdata ... do every one here do the same method???
You do not have to open the database. RT3 will open AmiBroker automatically when you click on "Start RT Data" button and AmiBroker will open your database. You just have to give correct path in RT3.

Ticking it as load at startup does not make any difference

You do not have to open the database. RT3 will open AmiBroker automatically when you click on "Start RT Data" button and AmiBroker will open your database. You just have to give correct path in RT3.

Ticking it as load at startup does not make any difference
i hve changed the RT3G1 data path as C:\AmiBroker\NowRTData ,,,,i want 2 show my excel data
snapshot here as i removed H and added C path insted,, but i think its not allowed by moderator ...

sr114

i hve changed the RT3G1 data path as C:\AmiBroker\NowRTData ,,,,i want 2 show my excel data
snapshot here as i removed H and added C path insted,, but i think its not allowed by moderator ...
take a snapshot of the excel sheet by print screen. upload to any image sharing site and paste the BB code in ur reply. ur done

(u can use imgur site for this)

sr

Status
Not open for further replies.