Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo_1985

Hi Josh,
Have been using your utility for quite a while now, very good work. One issue though i find consistently is that during volatile session some of the quotes are missed. Many times these are the high or low made for the candle and since we missed those quotes they are not captured. We can get them by backfill but that wont be practical.
So my question is can "Application.OnTime Now() + RP" run the code after every
1 ms if i put 0.001 in RP( i.e 0.001 in excel for refresh interval) or Now() can only accept till seconds only ?

Can you modify the code to run timer routine every millisec ?

Regards,
Naveen
Any help ??

sr114

Vertigo,

As per my knowledge, Excel does not accept milisecond.
also trade in the exchange never happens at mili second so its use less to go for the mili second ideas. in place of 1 min u can go for 5/3 sec its sufficient to capture all trades

sr

Vertigo_1985

also trade in the exchange never happens at mili second so its use less to go for the mili second ideas. in place of 1 min u can go for 5/3 sec its sufficient to capture all trades

sr

Its not about trade happening in exchange in millisecond, the point is that many quotes are missed when session volatility is high as time taken in data being displayed in amibroker is more than that of data coming from NSENOW to excel.
Time taken by data from excel to amibroker( display) > Time taken by data to go from NOW to excel. So that is bound to happen i think.
Many times the quotes are high/low of the candles and it messes up your stop loss.

What about amibroker ? can it accept data at less than a second speed as database is in second ?

sr114

Its not about trade happening in exchange in millisecond, the point is that many quotes are missed when session volatility is high as time taken in data being displayed in amibroker is more than that of data coming from NSENOW to excel.
Time taken by data from excel to amibroker( display) > Time taken by data to go from NOW to excel. So that is bound to happen i think.
Many times the quotes are high/low of the candles and it messes up your stop loss.

What about amibroker ? can it accept data at less than a second speed as database is in second ?
then u use the RAMDISK solution for getting the quotes in ami as fast as it is generated. i never misses any quotes - specially on 5th all quotes in the nifty 50 stocks are in the quote editor of ami

sr

Ravi

Well done in first exam. :thumb:

Keep that Excel file open (assume the name of file is Ravi.xlsx). Do not make any changes to that file.

Open another instance of Excel from Start-Programs-MSOffice Menu. A blank workbook will open. ignore it and open RT31.xlsm from Exel file Menu. (Remember you will have to open always like this)

In RT31.xlsm, type "=" in cell A7 (without quotes) and move your mouse arrow at the bottom of the screen where you will see Ravi.xls in Windows taskbar. Click on it. Ravi.xls will open, select the required cell (Ticker) and press "Enter". Excel will bring you back to RT3.xlsm and show Ticker or Symbol in A7.

Bring Last Trade Time, Last Trade Price, Volume Traded Today, and Open Interest. in Cell B7, C7, D7 and E7 respectively in the same manner.

If TT is not giving Last Trade Time, type =Text(Now(),"HH:MM:SS") in B7.
If you see the quotes in all columns, just select range A7 to E7 and copy it below in say 10 rows.

If you see rates changing in all cells, you have become graduate. Save both Workbooks. Do not close them. Excel will take care of the syntax.

Give your database path in RT31.xlsm and press "Start" button.

You will have to always open your programs in this order strictly.
Trade Tiger - Ravi.xlsx - RT31.xlsm. All three should be open to get live feed to AmiBroker.
Josh sir,
I did same thing the formula in excel will be something like [watchlist1.xls]Sheet1!B2 . but i do not get any data.? it says #REF! .

sr114

Josh sir,
I did same thing the formula in excel will be something like [watchlist1.xls]Sheet1!B2 . but i do not get any data.? it says #REF! .[/COLOR][/B]
if it is from Sharekhan Trade Tiger then the fml u r using is useless i.e., [watchlist1.xls]Sheet1!B2 - this is not the correct fml

the correct way is "=[watchlist1.xls]Streaming_Stock_Watch!B2"' as the updating quotes are in Streaming_Stock_Watch sheet and not in Sheet1

correct the fml and u will get the quotes in RTNOW.xlm properly and subsequently in Amibroker

sr

if it is from Sharekhan Trade Tiger then the fml u r using is useless i.e., [watchlist1.xls]Sheet1!B2 - this is not the correct fml

the correct way is "=[watchlist1.xls]Streaming_Stock_Watch!B2"' as the updating quotes are in Streaming_Stock_Watch sheet and not in Sheet1

correct the fml and u will get the quotes in RTNOW.xlm properly and subsequently in Amibroker

sr
Thanks, I did that.. I am getting data into xml now .. I am able to get commodities data from MCX.. Is there any way get commodity data from US markets to excel like we do from TT or Odin. Is it possible from forexpros.com?
I am looking for Commodity data from US markets even though i have from MCX. Someone please help..

You have to provide amibroker database path for intraday real time data update as well as backfill. If they are different then your realtime update will be in different database and backfill in another database.
Please go through the steps again and enter same amibroker database path in both the excels.

For Nowbackfill its in "Masters" sheet.
For RTnow its in "Now" sheet

tHERE ARE THE UPDATE...

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.