Regular Income From Markets. Risk Free. Takes no Time

If today Nifty moves further 2% from here, will it be UP or DOWN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vssoma

Details of trade:

Shorted 50 OTM pairs:

5200 CE 96.35
5100 PE 79.35

Credit 175.70 - 3.70 expense = 172 credit.

Thus our breakeven point on the:

upside is
5200+172 = 5372;
downside is
5100-172 = 4938;

Will look to cover with equal number of future lots.

dear jamit,
can u pls. let us know how much margin is blocked for your two positions, cause now a days almost all are offering covered margins, ( short+buy = no extra margin), where , you shorted two different elements.

gurmy.

Shorting a pair of 50 OTM and receive credit. I hope to keep a big portion of this credit. How will that be done? By use of futures. The general way is going to be this.

Each time the price start to go above any of the strike I will purchase or short with futures as cover. I will hold the futures till the stop is hit or a reverse entry is given. I do not expect much income from the futures as it is not the idea.

The only Problem area is see is Huge insane gaps.

Will start it now... and will continue all month. I do not know about the rest, but Gurmy will sure thank this post :). Hari I hope you are still around. :)
WELCOME BACK AMIT
it is my personnel understanding that in option trading real money is made by selling only,
all big players buy option,only to hedge their position,
one thing i would like to mention for the followers of this thread that shorting of option is a double edge sword
one big move will spoil every thing
so if u dont know how to handle big moves,dont attempt it
amit i like 100 otm,it give more room to play with
thanks and best of luck

jamit_05

dear jamit,
can u pls. let us know how much margin is blocked for your two positions, cause now a days almost all are offering covered margins, ( short+buy = no extra margin), where , you shorted two different elements.

Yes, this is margin intensive work. But, if it is successful then I guess it will be worth it.

I will inquire with RKG about "no extra margin" for the futures leg.

For options the margin is around 20K, for futures 28K.

jamit_05

WELCOME BACK AMIT
it is my personnel understanding that in option trading real money is made by selling only,
all big players buy option,only to hedge their position,
one thing i would like to mention for the followers of this thread that shorting of option is a double edge sword
one big move will spoil every thing
so if u dont know how to handle big moves,dont attempt it
amit i like 100 otm,it give more room to play with
thanks and best of luck
Thanks for the welcome and am glad you expressed your mind.

Yes, I am a little shaken at the thought of crazy moves, which come in forms of gaps or intraday moves. The atmosphere is such too.

Since, I will be following the pair on an intraday basis I will protect myself from most of the big moves...... except an unfortunate kind which comes when there is no cushion or futures lot to cover. A surprise gap, which comes after a prolonged sideways action.

Yes, 100/150 OTM is a better option. At expiry one would lose 50 points less with 100 OTMs, since one leg is definitely going to be ITM at expiry.

gunsho

Shorting a pair of 50 OTM and receive credit. I hope to keep a big portion of this credit. How will that be done? By use of futures. The general way is going to be this.

Each time the price start to go above any of the strike I will purchase or short with futures as cover. I will hold the futures till the stop is hit or a reverse entry is given. I do not expect much income from the futures as it is not the idea.

The only Problem area is see is Huge insane gaps.

Will start it now... and will continue all month. I do not know about the rest, but Gurmy will sure thank this post :). Hari I hope you are still around. :)
Good luck my friend. Interested to see how you manage the futures trade. (like which timeframe to reverse / SL / re-enter).

Use to trade with straddles instead of the strangles which you have taken currently. Just wanted to share my knowings. Works as a good monthly cashflow. But some months with many whipsaws on the future trades, takes away the premium from shorts and will end up in minimal losses also. Ofcourse there is no holy grail :lol:.

Linkon thread on this.
http://www.traderji.com/futures/41903-target-500-nifty-points-per-month.html#post443841