Rumour Post On Halaal Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudoku1

smart moves.....????
some of the top picks of reliance mutual fund last week include....
> aurionpro soln.
> inox leisure
> radico khaitan......( timing the 31 st dec....??? :Dcheers....!!! )
stock no 2 hit the upper curfew....
stock no 3 unlocked the cork.....:D

sudoku1

street believes that a 25 basis cut by the fed is already discounted by the mkts....if fed does it....will it become buy on rumour sell on news...???

sudoku1

PRIME TIME........
ANOTHER giant UBS ...likely casualty of sub prime problems......heavy redumption pressures from this fund worldwide.......
in india.....large holdings in RIL......that explains the selling on this counter along with japanese funds.....
recall 2004.....when coalation led govt came to power......ubs was the main culprit for the first ever downward circuit for the sensex for which it was banned for 2 yr from dealing in the mkts.............:D............................................................................

v had that piece.....now read the real stuff from BLOOMBERG.....

UBS to Sell Stakes After $10 Billion in Writedowns ........

By Elena Logutenkova

Dec. 10 (Bloomberg) -- UBS AG will write down U.S. subprime mortgage investments by $10 billion, the biggest such loss by a European bank, and replenish capital by selling stakes to investors in Singapore and the Middle East.

Europe's largest bank by assets plans to raise 13 billion Swiss francs ($11.5 billion) selling bonds that will convert into shares to Government of Singapore Investment Corp. ......:D

Last edited:
Dear Sudokuji
I have invested around 5 lacks in stock market equally divided in Mutual funds and Shares, From shares my portfolio value increased more than 40% in 6 months. Where as MF returns do not exceed 35% in the last 8 months. Im planning to sell my MF’s and invest the same amount in shares, kindly advise. I want to know how much tax is deducted if I sell my Mutual funds before 1 year and after 1 year. Am I thinking in the right way or should I remain invested 50 / 50. Your guidance is appreciated.
Thanks and regards.
Aijaz

sudoku1

Dear Sudokuji
I have invested around 5 lacks in stock market equally divided in Mutual funds and Shares, From shares my portfolio value increased more than 40% in 6 months. Where as MF returns do not exceed 35% in the last 8 months. Im planning to sell my MFs and invest the same amount in shares, kindly advise. I want to know how much tax is deducted if I sell my Mutual funds before 1 year and after 1 year. Am I thinking in the right way or should I remain invested 50 / 50. Your guidance is appreciated.
Thanks and regards.
Aijaz
sell 50 % of ur investments.... divide the rest by 25/25 in mf & stocks:)

sudoku1

cementing the gains.....
kesoram.....heard recently....
..........to sell stakes in ...............
25 lacs shares in Century textiles x1100 =275cr ....
28.6lacs shares in Mangalam Cement x 190=54cr ....

Total gain of Rs 330cr =Rs 71/share..........:D

Reliance MF holds 1.76%

HSBC ............holds 1.87%

Fii holding up from 5.7% in sept 06 to 9% sept 07 c ..:D

koolfriend4u

Dear Sudokuji
I have invested around 5 lacks in stock market equally divided in Mutual funds and Shares, From shares my portfolio value increased more than 40% in 6 months. Where as MF returns do not exceed 35% in the last 8 months. Im planning to sell my MF’s and invest the same amount in shares, kindly advise. I want to know how much tax is deducted if I sell my Mutual funds before 1 year and after 1 year. Am I thinking in the right way or should I remain invested 50 / 50. Your guidance is appreciated.
Thanks and regards.
Aijaz
I will tell that u havent invested with right MFs or u hav invested always during all time high's.

for me i have invested with tax saving MFs by march & in aug dip too hav aggregate return of 42% & with more than one year hav 70% DBS tax saving.

I wud suggest my investment style of 70% eq.shares,20% mf, 7 -10% liquid cash.

-koolfriend4u

sudoku1

weaving fine.....

Acquisition talk lifts Eastern Silk ................

Eastern Silk has begun moving up on market talk that it is close to taking over a European company. The silk yarn-to-fabric manufacturer as also exporters of fabrics, made ups and home furnishings, has already lined up a plan for overseas fund raising to the tune of $ 100 million. The stock on Monday shot up to over Rs 244, but finished at Rs 238 with a gain of 4.6 per cent. A week ago it was at Rs 216.....:D

sudoku1

grey hair like premiums today were.......:D

BGR Energy Rs 365, Kolte Patil Rs 92, Barak Valley Rs 8, Jyothy Labs Rs 240, Kaushlya Infra Rs 14, Brigade Rs 55, Transformers Rs 365, Aries Agro Rs 20, Manaksia Rs 42.
......................................................................................................
xpect 1500 + opening for edeilwess........:D

grey hair like premiums today were.......:D

BGR Energy Rs 365, Kolte Patil Rs 92, Barak Valley Rs 8, Jyothy Labs Rs 240, Kaushlya Infra Rs 14, Brigade Rs 55, Transformers Rs 365, Aries Agro Rs 20, Manaksia Rs 42.
......................................................................................................
xpect 1500 + opening for edeilwess........:D
Guys, please tell me how this premium things work.

Do I have to get confirmed allotment and then I have to approach the broker or whoever gives these premiums.

I shall be greatly obliged if somebody will guide me on this one, pleassssseeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.