SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
You think we gave our condolences on Atalji's sad demise as a gesture to promote the Govt ?? how unfortunate....I also gave condolences on demise of Late Jaylalitha,Abdul Kalam on behalf of all the members so what was I promoting that time......Kerala disaster is also I posted for promoting the govt ????the aid sent to Kerala was not from Govt of Maharashtra but it was collected by common people of Maharashtra.

ST
You are saying every time in General Chit Chat thread that pls post only trading related post here, but not following it. This is very unfortunate. It creates doubt about your intention.
Many times you are posting non-trading related political post in that thread, you can backtrack your posts.
Better stop such non-trading related posts there, this is also a request for u.

ncube

Friends, Lets be positive and spread happiness…

Thinking/spreading positive thoughts gives courage and hope whereas thinking/spreading negativity even unintentionally only increases depression. Our mind is very powerful it manifests what we feed it, focus on positivity and what you want to achieve in life and you will see positivity all around you. No point wasting it on criticizing/negativity.

XRAY27

I think we all are dragging the issue to a extreme level, when i said people should start classes as there will no trading after SEBI move in satirical way ..it ended to level by naming persons who are conducting paid seminar/webinars,after all it is there will or we can say decision to share there knowledge for free or paid,nothing comes for free in this world,off course there are people who shared there lots of energy to the forum for free and also with good intention..not denying that !!!

Same is today , bashing of Govt,SEBI, demonetization is going to next level which is not good as trading forum, now we are dropping to next level of bashing each other, even condolence is political !!! Tell me single Govt of past which is friendly with trader no Govt.

Lets came down and see SEBI steps on 18 Sep !!!

Last edited:
How is currency derivatives margin going to be affected by these latest margin-increases? I have a position in USDINR December Future as a hedge for my personal purpose, & I don't want it to be suddenly closed due to an increase in margins.

soft_trader

How is currency derivatives margin going to be affected by these latest margin-increases? I have a position in USDINR December Future as a hedge for my personal purpose, & I don't want it to be suddenly closed due to an increase in margins.
No affect. It is because CDS segment is under the ambit of RBI and not SEBI.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
https://www.business-standard.com/a...75-bn-assets-could-be-hit-118090300903_1.html

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) have upped their ante against a circular issued by the market regulator, Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi), on beneficial ownership of offshore funds.

At least a dozen FPIs, including Amansa Capital, Helios and Morgan Stanley Asset Management — which operate from outside India but have links to the county — wrote to the prime minister, finance minister and Sebi, saying that the move will hit a third of the overseas assets in the country.

According to Asset Managers Roundtable of India (Amri), such funds account for assets worth $75 billion in India. They would be forced to unwind their positions by December if the regulator does not provide relief. "It is preposterous and highly irresponsible to claim that 75 billion dollars of FPI investment will move out of the country because of SEBI's circular issued in April 2018," said Sebi in a statement.

The circular will affect not only boutique India-dedicated funds founded by non-resident Indians (NRIs), but also some of the funds managed by top global institutions who have appointed NRIs or even a person of Indian origin (PIO) as their fund managers.

“The Sebi circular clashes with the stated objective of the government to encourage more offshore fund managers to relocate to India. The fraternity is not wary about disclosure of the end-beneficiaries. The real issue is that it places severe restrictions on FPIs being managed by PIOs or NRIs. Both Sebi and the government should take cognisance of several genuine funds that would be affected by the circular,” said Nishith Desai, founder, Nishith Desai Associates.

soft_trader

@soft_trader Please let me know , Will MCX segment also be affected by this new rules?
MCX commodity is f&o only exchange/market. Here in equity sebi wants us to stop betting on f&o and move to investing. But the thing is, commodity is 'f&o only' segment in India in the absence of robust spot market. So, sebi won't tinker with commodity market as of now because traders will have nowhere to go to trade commodity, and commodity segment will die if sebi does anything to it which sebi knows very well.

MCX commodity is f&o only exchange/market. Here in equity sebi wants us to stop betting on f&o and move to investing. But the thing is, commodity is 'f&o only' segment in India in the absence of robust spot market. So, sebi won't tinker with commodity market as of now because traders will have nowhere to go to trade commodity, and commodity segment will die if sebi does anything to it which sebi knows very well.
MCX also has EQ segment.