SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

Given this scenario, it should be expanded to all other purchases too. The citizens should not be allowed to buy anything more than they can afford to - cars, scooters, property, washing machine etc.

NJ78

A move this big wouldn't be possible without the tacit support of big brokers. By big brokers, I mean full-service brokers, not discount brokers. If we consider the top 10 brokers in the country by trading activity, almost 8-9 of the names will be full-service brokers. Zerodha is the only discount broker in that list but I doubt that many FIIs trade on Zerodha. Discount brokerage is, for the large part, the preferred choice of the retail trader.

Let's consider a few simple questions:
Q. Who runs these full-service brokers?
A. Banks, financial institutions, Nifty heavyweights & foreign players. The ones with expensive research teams & tons of money crisscrossing the globe. The sharks. The retail nemesis. The "anti-discount" brokers.

Q. Who are these full-service brokers' most valuable customers?
A. HNIs

Q. Which group is SEBI planning to exempt net worth requirements from?
A. HNIs

Connecting these basic dots, it wouldn't be preposterous to assume that the authorities are targeting not just retail traders but also seeking to dampen the growing influence of discount brokers. Any other conclusion just doesn't gel.

A move this big wouldn't be possible without the tacit support of big brokers. By big brokers, I mean full-service brokers, not discount brokers. If we consider the top 10 brokers in /the country by trading activity, almost 8-9 of the names will be full-service brokers. Zerodha is the only discount broker in that list but I doubt that many FIIs trade on Zerodha. Discount brokerage is, for the large part, the preferred choice of the retail trader.

Let's consider a few simple questions:
Q. Who runs these full-service brokers?
A. Banks, financial institutions, Nifty heavyweights & foreign players. The ones with expensive research teams & tons of money crisscrossing the globe. The sharks. The retail nemesis. The "anti-discount" brokers.

Q. Who are these full-service brokers' most valuable customers?
A. HNIs

Q. Which group is SEBI planning to exempt net worth requirements from?
A. HNIs

Connecting these basic dots, it wouldn't be preposterous to assume that the authorities are targeting not just retail traders but also seeking to dampen the growing influence of discount brokers. Any other conclusion just doesn't gel.
One thing is for certain - SEBI will implement this no matter what. It is a far too powerful lobby for us all to be represented. It is only a question of time and the leverage that would be allowed. At best we will have to bargain for scraps - we don't have any bargaining chips left.

That being said, we will not go down without a fight. Lets take this representation to SEBI and negotiate on our terms.

Raat mein Uber ya Ola chalao aur networth badao :)
Wohi baaki hain!

Trading ke chakar mein, naukri toh teen sal pehley chor diya..... Ab aur ji nahi karta ki phirsey koi Corporate Politics a.k.a. Job join karun...... Apkey proposal mein RR thik bathta hain!

Riskyman

Wohi baaki hain!

Trading ke chakar mein, naukri toh teen sal pehley chor diya..... Ab aur ji nahi karta ki phirsey koi Corporate Politics a.k.a. Job join karun...... Apkey proposal mein RR thik bathta hain!
Hahaha. Although I meant that as a joke, its a fact that many full time traders who have quit their jobs 3-4 years ago will find it tough to go back to the corporate world. I am in my 6th year now. The Jobs are scarce as it is. I have a small farm down south so maybe I can do some mehnat mazdoori :)