SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

nurav

Bhai logon It is still business as usual till it comes into effect. Make Hay till the sun shines. Why is everybody so pessimistic and dis-illusioned. This thread is running in its 76th page. I guess Nify would have gone up by more than 200 points since this thread started and BNF by more than 500. The moot question is how many points was one able to make since then(in Multiple lots). Because if any body really was that good at it then he would have surely made more than 500 Points in Nifty and 1000 points in BNF. His Net worth would have anyways gone up near the expected threshold levels. Just imagine that in the next say six months when this rule comes into effect, the good traders net worth would/should be much better than what it is today. Agar Gam Gallaf karne ke liye yeh thread hai toh main aap sab ke saath hu.

Bhai logon It is still business as usual till it comes into effect. Make Hay till the sun shines. Why is everybody so pessimistic and dis-illusioned. This thread is running in its 76th page. I guess Nify would have gone up by more than 200 points since this thread started and BNF by more than 500. The moot question is how many points was one able to make since then(in Multiple lots). Because if any body really was that good at it then he would have surely made more than 500 Points in Nifty and 1000 points in BNF. His Net worth would have anyways gone up near the expected threshold levels. Just imagine that in the next say six months when this rule comes into effect, the good traders net worth would/should be much better than what it is today. Agar Gam Gallaf karne ke liye yeh thread hai toh main aap sab ke saath hu.
@nurav Ji I am not able to concentrate on trading for last two weeks after reading all these in Social Media, Online Articles, etc. The guy inside me is nagging me every moment - I am no longer able to keep my cool - so avoiding trading. I have put in all my efforts, day & night in building strategies / backtesting, improvising for couple of years now. The very thought that I will not be able to participate based on Networth despite of procuring the required margin is thoroughly disturbing me.

I am learning the risks in F&O and a student of the markets, but, SEBI's recent stance is so discouraging.

Hahaha. Although I meant that as a joke, its a fact that many full time traders who have quit their jobs 3-4 years ago will find it tough to go back to the corporate world. I am in my 6th year now. The Jobs are scarce as it is. I have a small farm down south so maybe I can do some mehnat mazdoori :)
to own a small 2 acre farm has been a dream of mine for a long time now. It was one reason why I enterered trading too in the first place. YOu are living it man!

A move this big wouldn't be possible without the tacit support of big brokers. By big brokers, I mean full-service brokers, not discount brokers. If we consider the top 10 brokers in the country by trading activity, almost 8-9 of the names will be full-service brokers. Zerodha is the only discount broker in that list but I doubt that many FIIs trade on Zerodha. Discount brokerage is, for the large part, the preferred choice of the retail trader.
because of discount brokers a business of traditional brokers went into coma..so traditional brokers wont support us..i feel like traditional brokers asking us-"bhai,ab kaise lag raha hai?jaao zerodha ke paas....."

trading is sometimes more difficult that mehnat mazdoori,khet me bichhu aur saap kaatata hai,trading me broker,sebi,govt,IT dept,padosi....har koi kaatata hai
Padosi baad mein atey hain. How could you miss "wife" from your list? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Riskyman

trading is sometimes more difficult that mehnat mazdoori,khet me bichhu aur saap kaatata hai,trading me broker,sebi,govt,IT dept,padosi....har koi kaatata hai
Very true! All occupations have their own hazards. We gotta live it. Maybe why our parents said " acchi padayi-likayi karo aur government job mein lag jao". Should have listened to them :)

to own a small 2 acre farm has been a dream of mine for a long time now. It was one reason why I enterered trading too in the first place. YOu are living it man!
Well.. The grass is always greener on the other side. When I go home to my farm, people there say " you are living it in mumbai man". They think its all about AC work space, Ac car, high rise buildings etc. Little do they know :)

Farming is fulfilling at a certain level. But the returns are paltry if its a small holding. You can be self sufficient in many ways with respect to food grains, vegetable etc. But it doesn't leave a lot of cash in hand for kids education, health care etc etc. You need to have at least 5-7 acres of land holding to make any sense from farming.

I hope someday you can fulfill your dream of owning a farm. Good luck to you!!