[Simple Trading System] Trendline Break (The Only System You Need)

Status
Not open for further replies.

desifxtrader

Trendline Break (The Only System You Need)_3

Jokes apart. Okay, now the REAL substance:

{{** Note: I've tried my level best not to tamper with the documentation. This is an unadulterated, raw material. Also, whenever you read a "I" below, understand that it's the author and NOT me (desifxtrader). I would like to Thank the author for documenting this methodology for everyone's benefit.}}

============================Start==Of===System============================​

Trendline Break System​
(The Only System You Need)

Credits & courtesy: Jhig

Introduction

After many PM's, Emails, & any other possible ways of contact by what seems like the entire FF family; I've decided to share my simple trading system/strategy with you. For those who don't know me, my name is Josef (pronounced: Joseph) and I have been trading fx for over two years. I frequent the Eur/Usd thread as I only trade Eur/Usd. I chose to trade E/U because of the viable; business nature of the pair.

The Problem

Different strokes for different folks. While we all hold various skills and tools, we all are tackling the same problem. Unfortunately, one person's method may not help another. Oscillator Indications. For the most part I have a huge problem with putting them to practice on a live account. The reasons are of course, obvious. Though, I would never tell a person their system and/or indicator doesn't work. It's just that, Oscillator Indicators has never worked for me.

The Solution

Price Action. As some of us cringe at those two, little words, I totally understand. I too, was one that didn't believe in Pure Price Action trading. After putting Price Action up to test, I found I understood the market better. I understood the why, how, and when of Price Action. What I've found is that a trader only needs Candlestick Patterns, Trendlines, and maybe Pivot Points.

Overview

If there ever was an easier; modular system, this one is the one. The basic idea of trendlines comprises of many variables that must be taken in consideration when in use, such as, Trend Angle, Momentum, & Time. I'll let you in on a little secret on trading: its not as "random" as most would want you to belive. The market tends to trend either way and patterns occur more often than you think. I would invite you to study up on Market Movements and Patterns, Candlestick Reversal Patterns, and Trendline Uses. The Trendline Break system contains three individual variation; all based on personal preferences. One will be discussed in this thread. The other two will be discussed in a later date. One of the major problems with trading trendlines is that most traders do not know how to properly set and use them. Here is some readings on how to properly apply trendlines.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/06/trendlines.asp

http://stockcharts.com/education/ChartAnalysis/trendlines.html

http://www.incrediblecharts.com/technical/trendlines.php

A very good skill to hold is being able to read Candlestick Reversal Patterns. Here are some readings on how to properly read and react to candlestick reversal patterns,

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:candlestick_bullish_

http://www.babypips.com/school/reversal_patterns.html

http://www.incrediblecharts.com/technical/candlesticks.php

Tools of the Trade:

1) Trendlines
2) Candlestick Reversals Patterns
3) Any Timeframe

Trading Strategy: As Simple as One, Two & Three

1) Find the upwards trend,
2) Apply the trendline,
3) Price Action breaks downwards through the trendline

Our first step is to locate a strong upwards trend. Apply a trendline to help visually spot out that trend and to use as an "barrier" for Price Action. Now we wait for Price Action to breakthrough the trendline and head downwards, in which a SELL order may now be entered. The chart below is an example of a trade setup we are looking for.

Entry:

Wait for Candlestick Reversal Patterns give us a reversal signal. Once a price action reversal has taken place, wait for price action to break the trendline downwards. Enter at the close of the candle that broke through the trendline.

Exit:

Now that we have an live SELL order open and locked in some green pips, our next focus should be to plan for an exit. Based on our knowledge of Candlestick Reversal Patterns, we will not only use this for entries, but for exits as well. To exit an open position, the trader must recognize candlestick reversal patterns and exit that trade accordingly.

Trade Notes

* Though, this system uses SELL orders only, technically you could apply this strategy to BUY order as well. SELL orders were chosen because of their quick; predictable nature of movement. At best, it's always best to practice trading one direction as opposed to two.

* Market volatility. This system may become useless under low volatile market conditions. Please take note of slow and/or erratic market movements as these conditions have the ability to produce incorrect trading signals.

* Limit Losses. As with any trading system, a trader must use discretion in limiting ones trading risks and losses.

Remember, the basic idea of this system is to keep it simple and focused by limiting equity exposure and offer a very focused trading strategy. This system includes an entry, exit, and simple price action tools; all that is needed for a trader to be profitable. Stay focused and always stick to the plan.

Examples

A example of a trade setup on a 1 Hour timeframe.

Example of trade setups on 4 Hour timeframe:

==========================================================================================================

Last edited:

desifxtrader

Trendline Break (The Only System You Need)_5

More examples .... contd.,

=========End==Of==='More=Examples'============​

It works on any market!!

Trend Lines are an important tool in technical analysis for both trend identification and confirmation. Using a Trend Line Break system, I can personally guarantee any trader can and will make money on a daily basis. Trend Lines work for any market; Stocks, Futures, Fx, etc. Take a look at this Amazon.com chart

This chart show a perfect example of using Trend Line Break in the stock market. Price trends downwards then break through the trendline upwards for a 10 point profit.

Trendline Break system is a "modular" setup to where you could use Ocsillators Indicators as well as Pricing Action Indicators to increase trading profitability. For instance, you could use an Stochastics to guage market reversals and time exits strategies. In addition you could also use MACD in the same manner as well as Parabolic Sars to say, confirm directions and trend reversals.

A personal favorite of mine is to use Fibs w/ trendlines to gauge the depth of the reverals and to anticipate wha fib level price will bounce off. Pivot Points could be used as well in the same degree but with slightly different rules of engagements. I would invite traders to get a solid grasp of the basics in using trendlines before adding additional indicators.

Some thoughts to ponder upon:

People, seriously! This trading method is one of the easiest trading method ever implemented and it seems everyone is making this more complicated than it has to be. Everyone is looking for this guaranteed profit-making system and I'm sorry, there isn't such a strategy; trading system. The market is based on a huge plethora of unknowns and what makes of a good trader is the ability to manage Risk and choose to trade in the right direction of the market at lease 60+ percent of the time; that's where this system comes into play.

As I said in another thread, the market is full of unknowns and everything is NOT in your favor. We retail traders sit in a plastic life boat riddled with holes in the thick of the sea, millions miles away from shore in the mist of night; darkness surrounding. Man eating sharks all around. Wading out the most horrific storm. We hold no control over what go on around us. The only thing that is for certain is the entire world is betting against us; anticipating our demise. The only thing we traders have on our side and have complete control over is Risk. If traders would start focusing on handling the situation of what we do have control over and not dealing with the problems of what we don't have control over ... you'd see a lot more profitable traders. The trader with the most indicators and physics based, complicated system; is a trader that is answering a question to a problem no one knows of or haven't a clue about. These are the traders that are afraid and haven't grasp any info or knowledge on how the market works. These are the 95 percentiles that statistically, we hear so much about.

The key to a profitable style of trading, in my opinion, is keeping it simple. It seems a few of us on this thread are looking for the complicated and that is not what the trendline break system is about. Simplicity is key. Clean, clear, and organized will take a trader from broke to profitable. I see all to many threads asking, How to trade like the big boys? The trendline break system is one that most Institutional Traders implement with success, consistently. It's not rocket science and there isn't a long, overly extensive manual for this system. What this system offers is simplicity and profitability. There would be false breakout. One way to avoid this is to draw trend lines from a daily, then 4hr, and trade with the trend.

=========================================================================================next: Modifications=========

desifxtrader

Trendline Break (The Only System You Need)_6: Conclusion

Modifications:

The revised Trendline Break System will utilize the Heikin Ashi Candlesticks; as opposed to the traditional Japanese Candlesticks. The Heikin Ashi Candlestick could be seen as an "improvement" upon the traditional candlestick by helping traders locate the trend better, amid often erratic market volatility. In addition, the Heikin Ashi allows a trader to "see" obvious trend reversal as it happens. Heikin Ashi helps a trader accomplishes all of this with only one glance.

Tools of the Trade
1) Trendlines
2) Heikin Ashi Candlesticks
3) Any Timeframe

The System

***The general dynamics of this system stays the same. ***

1) Find the upwards trend,
2) Apply the trendline,
3) Price Action breaks downwards through the trendline

Our first step is to locate a strong upwards trend. Apply a trendline to help visually spot out that trend and to use as an "barrier" for Price Action. Now we wait for Price Action to breakthrough the trendline and head downwards, in which a SELL order may now be entered. The chart below is an example of a trade setup we are looking for.

With the addition of the Heikin Ashi, traders will be able to apply the a trendline appropriately and anticipate market reversals; using the reversals as an exit strategy. For trader's, who are unfamiliar with Heikin Ashi, Investopedia offers a good read on the subject:
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/04/092204.asp

You may download the Heikin Ashi indicator here:

h11p://depositfiles.com/files/hpcqfq4jg

Trade Example:

Some more points to ponder upon:

Try looking at horizontal Support/Resistance lines. Trend lines are in essence diagonal S/R lines. Confluence of these S/R lines over different time frames and ranges can help you a lot. If you also look at horizontal ones, you will see where these lines cross and those points are usually very important, especially on higher TFs. This can help you filter out some bad trades, help you wait for the stronger area of S/R, or know when a trade is more likely to be profitable.

Analysis over different timeframes can help you determine trends better and lets you double check if you are taking the trade in the right direction. Usually, S/R & trendlines from higher timeframes are more important than the lower ones. I know this seems simple and I bet most of you heard this before, but don't underestimate this, I know I did when I started.

==================End==Of==System==Documentation===================​

desifxtrader

That's All 4 now & Wishes :D

Awkey friends, so it was a sincere effort from my side to share this wonderful trading system with all the readers of this forum for benefit of every reader. Remember, this trading system might look very simple but we often tend to forget that in the Markets, simple and clear plans works most effective!! Don't be deceived by it's simplicity, just implement it (demo trade) for 30 trading days and come and post your results here.

Wish you happy & profitable pips! happy trading :clap:

@@ Don't forget to press this button
if you liked this post.

Last edited:

Rkji

awesome effort :clapping:

your sincere efforts are indeed appreciated by everyone at TJ

keep up the good work dear :)

regards
rishi

Rkji

to further make it easy for all trendline lovers :D

FREE TrendLine Visualizer for MetaTrader 4

Identify Trend Lines Automatically

Simply choose the strength of trend lines you wish to trade, and TrendLine Visualizer will identify and draw them on your charts.

Works in Any Timeframe and FOREX Pair

pls download here

regards
rishi

Capricorn

Re: That's All 4 now & Wishes :D

Awkey friends, so it was a sincere effort from my side to share this wonderful trading system with all the readers of this forum for benefit of every reader. Remember, this trading system might look very simple but we often tend to forget that in the Markets, simple and clear plans works most effective!! Don't be deceived by it's simplicity, just implement it (demo trade) for 30 trading days and come and post your results here.

Wish you happy & profitable pips! happy trading :clap:

@@ Don't forget to press this button
if you liked this post.

Trouble is most people don't believe in simplicity.:lol:

Great effort...:clapping:

desifxtrader

Re: [GET] Trend Dashb0ard Indicat0r

Hello friends,

Just wanted to update you all about the upcoming webinar on 25th Mar, '10 where you might find some helpful info:

For registration, you could visit any of the following links:

h11p://www.internationalinvestorinstitute.com/webinar/thankyou.html

h11p://www.internationalinvestorinstitute.com/webinar/

h11ps://forexedu.omnovia.com/registration/category=794

eNjoy!! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.