So anybody is actually in profits just trading Options

Option trading status

• Total voters
Somebody is busy in losing money in options trading and somebody is busy in making money in options trading, so no time time for writing here:lol::lol:

VJAY

Somebody is busy in losing money in options trading and somebody is busy in making money in options trading, so no time time for writing here:lol::lol:
:D:rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol:

I started my option trading with 17K from Dec 2010 and by the last session my account value is 99700. While I only trade NIFTY options, Intra Day, Winning Trade 36, losing trade 29, Biggest profit 23000, Biggest loss 5800 and last but important my broker is RKG with Rs 9 lot brokerage. Hope I contributed in thread :)

I started my option trading with 17K from Dec 2010 and by the last session my account value is 99700. While I only trade NIFTY options, Intra Day, Winning Trade 36, losing trade 29, Biggest profit 23000, Biggest loss 5800 and last but important my broker is RKG with Rs 9 lot brokerage. Hope I contributed in thread :)
your achievement is extraordinary,you can count your self as one lucky out of one thousand un lucky,big achievement!!!

pundit

Why don't you guide members out here , how to win in options, my broker is zerodha brokerage rs20 per trade , lot size doesn't matter.

Sure I'd love to; since this forum has helped me a lot when I was beginning. So I am happy to help anybody. As a beginning I'd like to mention the following:

#Never trade OTM calls and puts, except Long Iron and Butterfly
#Follow a a strict initial and trailing stop loss
#Always keep Delta, Theta and Vega in mind
#Keep a close eye on VIX
#Strictly follow the 2% rule of Elder
#Most of the times not having overnight positions
#Always and always trade with NIFTY options
#80% of my trade are of credit setups and increasing rapidly
#Only using 2-3 indicators and simple setups
#Never try to adjust stop loss in case being wrong

I hope it gives a brief glimpse @pandit BTW I like the brokerage you mentioned. Is it a good broker to go along, what about other charges as if any?

Regards

Dear friends

After losing around Rs.15000 in the last 2 months, I believe i have caught the winning point. Three days back, my margin was just Rs.5600. On 15-4-11 got profit of Rs. 600. On 18-4-2011 again profit of Rs. 1400. Today (19-4-11) profit Rs. 3450.

So, After deducting brokerage my margin has grewn to 10,600. i.e., With little margin of Rs. 5600, I have managed to earn around 5000.

To be frank with U, I am not an expert in options. Just reading charts I trade.

Hope, in the coming days also I can do better.

Thanks

pundit

Sure I'd love to; since this forum has helped me a lot when I was beginning. So I am happy to help anybody. As a beginning I'd like to mention the following:

#Never trade OTM calls and puts, except Long Iron and Butterfly
#Follow a a strict initial and trailing stop loss
#Always keep Delta, Theta and Vega in mind
#Keep a close eye on VIX
#Strictly follow the 2% rule of Elder
#Most of the times not having overnight positions
#Always and always trade with NIFTY options
#80% of my trade are of credit setups and increasing rapidly
#Only using 2-3 indicators and simple setups
#Never try to adjust stop loss in case being wrong

I hope it gives a brief glimpse @pandit BTW I like the brokerage you mentioned. Is it a good broker to go along, what about other charges as if any?

Regards

Hi Dhariawad,
Thanks for your kind words, other charges are as usual, nothing more, so if you are trading with more lot size then definately zerodha is cheaper., if need any help tell me
I will be looking forward your guidance in option.
I have Elder's book "Come into my trading room" with me and will study the 2% rule ( I know the overview)

However need to study Delta, Theta and Vega.

You are always welcome. BTW hunt for holy grail and analysis paralysis is one of the biggest reason of losing. You can always book loss in options even if you know which direction market moves (as time decay plays a key roll here) Option writing is the edge that can use time decay in your favor but only advisable once you understand the risk and can calculate the Greeks well :)
For instance today I was playing with around with 5600CE and 5900PE and both of them produced money due to time decay where market was wild as no clear direction was there, and VIX data is there to support you, and yes! having seen oscillator over bought I kept an over night position as Bearish Bull Call Spread short 5600CE and long 5800CE 2 lot each at 3.25 pm, by the end of the session position is already 500+ so I will make money if market is slightly up, sideways or way down :) Of course there is a proactive call for uncertain rally

BTW virendra rao is my name dhariawad is my village

regards