Started Algo Trading - Daily Paper Trade updates

Am about to go live on Monday, made all necessary arrangements and everything is ready..but struck with slippage calculation.

Am not sure how much slippages i should consider :(

As I would be trading 20 stocks, am sure slippages impact would be higher. When back tested I have factored in all costs like brokerage, STT, Stamp charges, sebi charges etc. But as the slippages would vary with each stock, i was not sure about exact calculation. :(

Could someone tell me what should be ideal slippages that should be considered for stock futures?
Nice to see that you tried something new and put lots of efforts on it. Best wishes for happy trading when you go live from Monday.

Stock futures slippage will vary a lot from stock to stock.

Keep posting your observations.

Smart_trade

manishchan

Am about to go live on Monday, made all necessary arrangements and everything is ready..but struck with slippage calculation.

Am not sure how much slippages i should consider :(

As I would be trading 20 stocks, am sure slippages impact would be higher. When back tested I have factored in all costs like brokerage, STT, Stamp charges, sebi charges etc. But as the slippages would vary with each stock, i was not sure about exact calculation. :(

Could someone tell me what should be ideal slippages that should be considered for stock futures?
All the Best Cubt ! :)

TradeOptions

Wish you All the Very Best Cubt :thumb:

Cubt

Algo Trader
Nice to see that you tried something new and put lots of efforts on it. Best wishes for happy trading when you go live from Monday.

Stock futures slippage will vary a lot from stock to stock.

Keep posting your observations.

Smart_trade
Thanks smart ji.. The issue is I have to put algo on hold, as i could see a slippage of Rs.4000 per day easily for 20 stocks. So when I compare this with backtest report, total profit after brokerage and slippage is reduced to 20% from 80% because of slippages.

Because of this am stuck now, not ready to go live :(:(

Cubt

Algo Trader
Thanks smart ji.. The issue is I have to put algo on hold, as i could see a slippage of Rs.4000 per day easily for 20 stocks. So when I compare this with backtest report, total profit after brokerage and slippage is reduced to 20% from 80% because of slippages.

Because of this am stuck now, not ready to go live :(:(
Profit drastically reduced after slippages because 80% of my profit comes from 20% of trading days. other days results in negative results. winning % is 45%, but because of huge impact of slippage cost on a long term my profit will b very less. Either i should trade in less of no of stocks to reduce slippages (but it will not be of much help because less no of stocks = very less returns) or i should opt out of this strategy :(