Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

jamit_05

Special words from a special man. :thumb::clapping: Profit/Earning ratio: How is it valued in your view in any share portfolio? (I ask this even I really not went through your whole, nice thread in the last details. If I missed that subject, sorry and just point me in the direction you already did discuss this topic in your thread) Take care and have a nice evening :)
If you mean, "How much profit will I get on my invested capital?"

Then, yes, I could give you a ball-park figure of around 20% annually which is tax-exempted.

jamit_05

http://www.investopedia.com/university/peratio/ and this applies to any share you choose. The question: How much value has it to your decision making to choose a share?

Take care :)
you mean Price to earning ratio.

Very generally speaking, when we compare current PE ratio of a stock to its historic PE ratio it gives an idea of how overbought or oversold the stock is.

For ex. PE ratio of 8 for BHEL indicates oversold, whereas PE ratio of 35 would be oversold for Siemens.

you mean Price to earning ratio.

Very generally speaking, when we compare current PE ratio of a stock to its historic PE ratio it gives an idea of how overbought or oversold the stock is.

For ex. PE ratio of 8 for BHEL indicates oversold, whereas PE ratio of 35 would be oversold for Siemens.
Fine, I understand this. The question still is: How much does the PE of any share you choose affect your trading decision/portfolio? :)

jamit_05

well i am speechless

you may have our levels in your minds , but it doesnt mean it would get fulfilled , i am curious what and how would you manage when these levels do not come because except 1-2 stocks these levels are not achievable , you will have to rework your levels or stocks
If you look at their charts, the levels I have mentioned correspond to Nifty's 2013 Low, which I believe is the next thing on the cards, for one singular reason:

Markets bleed most on unfulfilled expectations.

And this time around, the expectations are very high. One single man is expected to change the country. Even if there is a slight blip, like poor rains, tapering, RBI hawkishness, and lord forbid, if something major should go wrong, like lack of majority, then there will be blood on Dalal street my friend.

And this is how democracies work. Their fates are always checkered. :)

jamit_05

a war is not always a demeaning and bloody war .

there can be sweet wars too , the war of healthy competition which brings the best out of us , that kind of war .

i think that war or competition , you can say ..............is good for personal growth and understanding of things , we learn a lot with this kind of competition:):thumb:
Very well said... our wars shall be productive.

Vertigo_1985

if you look at their charts, the levels I have mentioned correspond to Nifty's 2013 Low, which I believe is the next thing on the cards, for one singular reason:

And this time around, the expectations are very high. One single man is expected to change the country. Even if there is a slight blip, like poor rains, tapering, RBI hawkishness, and lord forbid, if something major should go wrong, like lack of majority, then there will be blood on Dalal street my friend.

if you look at their charts, the levels I have mentioned correspond to Nifty's 2013 Low, which I believe is the next thing on the cards
one thing i have learned from my experience in markets is that anything can happen..so what if markets keep going up and the great fall doesnt happen ? i guess you are already riding longs and have plans to ride them further ??

about mahaseam...as you said its one of jindal groups company..the kind of issues that are always comin up with jindal group these days and the fact that congress is going to lose and so does naveen jindal... is it still wise to enter in it ?

jamit_05

if you look at their charts, the levels I have mentioned correspond to Nifty's 2013 Low, which I believe is the next thing on the cards
one thing i have learned from my experience in markets is that anything can happen..so what if markets keep going up and the great fall doesnt happen ? i guess you are already riding longs and have plans to ride them further ??

about mahaseam...as you said its one of jindal groups company..the kind of issues that are always comin up with jindal group these days and the fact that congress is going to lose and so does naveen jindal... is it still wise to enter in it ?
There is a good chance, like every other possibility, that market keeps going up vertically (forever). Then should I let this possibility dictate purchasing decisions? Should I buy expensive?

Definitely NO. The reason why I might achieve success as an investor is if I buy good stocks for cheap.

I do not recommend purchasing Mahaseam at these rates, or even 50% lower than CMP.... :)

Trader_PK

If you look at their charts, the levels I have mentioned correspond to Nifty's 2013 Low, which I believe is the next thing on the cards, for one singular reason:

my guts feel say on 16th May lower circuit is done deal ..

Bjp will get only 160-170 ...there vote share may be higher but in seats they will not get above this no.

and this is also suit Market psychology as well .. first trap in poor retail traders ..... and then one day just bubble burst to wipe their account

I will buy these two share at

Reliance at 400
and SBI at 900

jamit_05

my guts feel say on 16th May lower circuit is done deal ..

Bjp will get only 160-170 ...there vote share may be higher but in seats they will not get above this no.

and this is also suit Market psychology as well .. first trap in poor retail traders ..... and then one day just bubble burst to wipe their account

I will buy these two share at

Reliance at 400
and SBI at 900

I second your statement.

But, the point I try to assert time and again is.... even if bears don't do their work this year... then may be next. I will make my portfolio only when nifty touches 52week lows AND ensure that I get the best bargain for my cash.
I am not really concerned about at what Nifty level that happens...