Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On - Chapter II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenneth

Hello Ken,

I have read and trying to understand your code. SO by default, Ur AFL gives a BUY/SELL signal on a SMA(5,6) basis.... am i right??? then what is the role of BUY1/SELL1? Also what does the filter1 do?

what is the change we expect to see if we do this???

THanks
Hi Chaitanyagoa,

I wrote the original AFL for my use and went on adding as and when I learnt from SG's " Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On ". Some one wanted to know if SG has written an Afl. Hence I am sharing what I have. I am not a programmer.

I have tried to include most of the methods given by SG in the thread " Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On ". The AFL may need improvement and easy selection of different methods. If you have not read the mother thread let me give you some explanation as given by SG

a) The is Originally system Based On 20/50 Crossover Not 5 & 6

b) When The BUY Was Given The First Time Which Was I Think 1st Week Of April, They Were Fresh Crossover Triggers Of 20/50

c) Once A Stock Has A Strong Uptrend, & Then If Somebody Wants To Enter, It Is Better To Enter On Retracement, Or It May Have A Few Days Of Trend Reversal, Therefore It Can Be Entered On Trend Resumption

The StopLoss and Targets are based on this system.

For Swing Trading he has Recommended The Following Few, You May Adopt Whichever You Are Comfortable With:

a) If The Whole Candle Including The Wick Closes Above 20 EMA For Long & S/L Should Be If 70% Of The Candle Body Is Below The 20 EMA.

b) Second Strategy Is To Go Long 20/50 SMA Crossover, Where 20 MA Has Crossed Over To The Upside Of The 50 SMA

c) Third Strategy Is Go Long On 5/6 SMA Crossover

d) If Following Candlestick Pattern Then You Will Be Familiar With Bullish Engulf & Bearish Engulf Patterns.

e) Another One Is Based On BB If The Lower BB Is Pierced Followed By A Green Candle Immediately....For Long & If Upper BB Is Pierced Immediately Followed By A Red Candle To Go Short.

He has also metioned breakout and 2 months breakout which are also included in the AFL.

I have already anwered what happens when you change the filter in my earlier post. Change and see.

Hope this will help
Regards
ken

SavantGarde

Hi Ken,

Wow....So Much Work You Put Into It...

Just As Learning Never Stops, There Is Always Room For Improvement....Let Me Know From Your End If Any & Perhaps...If I Trip Into Some Hole Walking Like An Absent Minded Mad Man...& Struck By Some Bright Idea Will Let You Guys Know...& If Workable We Can Update The Stuff.

Have Added The Link In The First Post For Easy Reference.

Now I Need To Put Your AFL Link There.

Thanks A Ton Ken..!!!

SavantGarde

Hi savanji

I have edited my post #425. Could you please go through it and make the necessary correction

Regards
Ken

kenneth

Hi Ken,

Now For The AFL Link, Please Let Me Know Which Is The Post Number That Needs To Be Posted In The First Post For Easy Reference.

'Always Have A Dream'

SavantGarde
Thanks Savanji

AFL text file is attached to same post #425. So the link gives the AFL too.

There is more information from your thread which I think could be useful if included

1. Trailing Stop loss (EMA 50 trailing By day)
2. Explanation On BB
3. Profit booking
4. Intraday trading
5. trading futures

Please let me know if need to be included.

Regards
Ken

SavantGarde

Amit,

Spreadsheets Will Be Updated Time Permitting...

You Seem Quite Proficient In English.....Therefore, Next Time Use The Language With Some Humility....

Now Coming To Your Specific Request Of Adding Another Worksheet, I Am Afraid It Doesn't Serve Any Material Benefit.

SavantGarde

Thanks for the online spreadsheet, this is what i was going to request you to do and you did it before that, now just make sure that you update it regularly, so that we can directly refer to the sheet for latest triggers, and target hits.

P.S.: if you could just add another sheet to the workbook, which includes day by day remarks in the following format(or in whatever format you like)
Code:
 DATE  REMARK
  29/09/2009  no triggers,2 targets reached
  30/09/2009  3 new triggers
This way we can get the daily crux in the spreadsheet itself and you won't have to take much pain either as it just on small row being added everyday..

Thanks once again, love you guys... :clap::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.