Systematic Investment Plan

S S

Re: Investing in MFs through SIP..!

Hi experts,

I am 31yrs old and planning to start investing in MFs through SIPs for
next 15-20yrs to generate a corpus of 2Cr for my retirement.
I have a few questions. Please help me in with this

1) Is it safe to start investing in MFs through SIP at this time when the market is heading to the floor?
2) Is there a general criteria which i must use while selecting the MFs? Any thumb rules?
3) What amount should i start with initially? and how much should i invest so that i achieve my target?

Thanks,
Rao
Hi!

Usually, all the Mutual Funds offer time based SIP. They usually collect post-dated cheques for certain periods. All the cheques are drawn on a particular date of your choice such as 1st of each month, or 5th or 10th. Whatever.

For equity based Funds, Net Asset Value [or NAV] is calculated each day, based on the value of the stocks in the portfolio of that fund. Each day, these NAVs are available in many newspapers too.

If the equity based Fund is selected by you, irrespective of the conditions and trend of the stock markets, the units would be credited to your account.

However.!

If you intend to be on this Forum, you could follow a different SIP of your choice.

First, never put all your eggs in a single basket. So, you need to know more about the funds. Check at valueresearchonline dot com, for all the types of funds available, with their history.

Choose different fund houses for different type of funds.

Then keep your eyes on the market, which is cyclic. Once each month, the monthly bottom is reached. Buy units around this day, when the NAV is the lowest for the month.

Keep doing this each month, to get almost the lowest NAV for every month.

With this little extra effort from your side, you could get reasonably high returns.

But what if you keep forgetting..? In that case, you would better opt for the regular SIP offered by any Fund of your choice.

Cheers, Good Luck and Happy Diwali
SS

Re: SIP or Lumpsum investment ???

Hi Friends,

I am a NRI. I want to invest in Mutual Funds and I have about 10 lakhs with me.
Now the confusion is "Should I go for SIP or a one time investment?"
I have read in many articles by experts that SIP is the best way to invest in MFs.
However, in my case I have this 10 lacs ready and would like to make the most out of it.
My question is which is more beneficial - "Investing the whole amount now or divide this amount and invest regularly in a SIP? "
Can anyone explain this using examples? Please.
Hi Sameer,

I would suggest a link which has got awesome stuff regarding SIP.

http://www.sundarambnpparibas.in/sip_faqs/sip_faqs.htm

View the site, on the left you have these categories which will definitely be helpful.

I wish to rebalance my portolio now....so how I can stop running SIP? Is it enough to send a letter to CAMS or need to contact AMC directly?or there are any particular forms to do that. I searched in fund website. But I didnt got much info about that.

Hi
A simple hand-written request may be submitted at CAMS for this job. Remember, most of the AMCs take 3-4 wks processing time to honour ur requst.
RM420

praveen taneja

I wish to rebalance my portolio now....so how I can stop running SIP? Is it enough to send a letter to CAMS or need to contact AMC directly?or there are any particular forms to do that. I searched in fund website. But I didnt got much info about that.
Bro u hav to go to AMC of the MF n take SIP STOP FORM n deposit that at the same place n they will take 21 working days to stop that.:)

Hi,

I have investments in from March 2008 onwards via SIP and I have a long horizon of 8-10 years.
Now my total portfolio is down by 30% till date

Birla Sunlife Equity
DSPBR TIGER
Kotak Opport
Magnum Contra
IDFC Premier Equity
HDFC TOP 200
3.5k each
I am now really confused. Should I switch to Large cap funds or continue these SIPs? or should I change any of these funds to better schemes?

For short term 3-5 years which I bought online from March2008 to September 2008.

DSPBR Top 100
Sunda Sel Focus
Kotak 30
ICIC Pru Infra
total now 70K each.

I am 26 years old single.

So could you please suggest on rebalancing the portfolio considering the situation now.

Looking fwd for your valuable suggestions

thanks in advance

George

stop SIP of DSPBR TIGER
Kotak Opportunities
invest SIP in DSPBR equity quantum long term equity
for following investment hold
DSPBR Top 100
Sunda Sel Focus
Kotak 30
ICIC Pru Infra
Birla Sunlife Equity SIP is ELSS u can try for sundaram taxsaver instead

hi
im 27 yrs old...with no liabilities and can take risk for next 2 years

i have shortlisted mt portfolio with these funds...

HDFC Top 200 Fund - 20%
DSP BlackRock Top 100 Equity Fund - 20%
BSL Frontline Equity Fund - 20%
Sundaram BNP Paribas Select Focus - 20%
Reliance Growth - 10%
ICICI Pru Infrastructure - 5%
GoldBeES ETF -5%

Tax Saving
Sundaram BNP Paribas Tax Saver

what about this portfolio???