Systematic Investment Plan

Hi guys,

I am new to mutual funds and want to invest around Rs 10000 per month in SIP. I have HDFC account to invest. Can you suggest a portfolio to invest.

Thanks

SIP in mutual funds

Hi Guys,

I am an NRI and want to invest about Rs 20000 per month in mutual funds through SIP. I am new to mutual funds. Can you suggest me a portfolio?

Also I have account with HDFC, so it will be better if you can suggest funds in which I can invest through HDFC bank SIP facility.

Since last month I am investing Rs. 5000 per month in DSP ML TIGER FUND.

Also I will be greatful if somebody can guide me how to invest in SIP through other than HDFC account and how easy / difficult it is, since it took me more than 6 months to get my account operational through HDFC

Thanks

Anu

Re: SIP in mutual funds

Hi Guys,

I am an NRI and want to invest about Rs 20000 per month in mutual funds through SIP. I am new to mutual funds. Can you suggest me a portfolio?

Also I have account with HDFC, so it will be better if you can suggest funds in which I can invest through HDFC bank SIP facility.

Since last month I am investing Rs. 5000 per month in DSP ML TIGER FUND.

Also I will be greatful if somebody can guide me how to invest in SIP through other than HDFC account and how easy / difficult it is, since it took me more than 6 months to get my account operational through HDFC

Thanks

Anu
For NRI investing in Indian mutual funds is quite easy really.All you have to do is invest from NRO account and attach a copy of your passport with the application.

You may go in for funds like HDFC Equity Fund,HDFC Top 200 fund,Franklin Templeton Prima Fund for Rs 5000/- each SIP and do a SIP of Rs 5000/- in Reliance Growth Fund (this fund is agressive ,gives huge returns but little risky if the mkt comes down.)

You have to give one cheque and then sign the SIP bank mandate.For non HDFC funds also the process is same.It does not take more than 6-7 days to invest and get the units certificate.You can get the certificate on e-mail also.

Happy Investing !!!

Smart_trade

Forget about cheques.

If you have HDFC account, assuming it is either NRE/NRO account. Just forward them your PAN copy, either you can send them scanned copy or photo copy. As soon as it reaches them, you can start investing in mutual funds.

You can even send your PAN card details to your family member and ask them to handover it to bank along with covering letter. That should do the job.

As far as SIP allowed through HDFC bank account, as of now you can invest in HSBC, HDFC, Tata, DSP ML, Sundaram BNP Paribas, AIG, Franklin and couple of others.

No SIP investment facility available through HDFC account for Birla, Kotak and Reliance (but you can make manual SIP's..:) )

You can Pick from

2 funds from DSP ML Top 100, HSBC Equity, HDFC Top 200 - Large Cap

DSP ML Equity and/or
HDFC Growth (Currently no SIP facility for HDFC Equity ) - Mixed Cap

Tata Infrastructure (Sector fund, but well diversified one) - Sector (only if you have high risk apetite)

All the above listed funds, you can invest by SIP through HDFC Bank account.

Good luck..

Hello!
I will suggest
2 funds (Large Cap) from
DSP ML Top100
HDFC Top200
Birla SL Frontline Eq
Sundaram Select focus
Kotak30
HSBC Eqity

Reliance Growth (Mid-Cap)

Magnum Contra

One fund (Sector) from
DSPML TIGER
ICICI Pru Infra

ALL INVESTMENTS THROUGH SIP

mr india

Last edited:

Hello!
I will suggest
2 funds (Large Cap) from
DSP ML Top100
HDFC Top200
Birla SL Frontline Eq
Sundaram Select focus
Kotak30
HSBC Eqity

Reliance Growth (Mid-Cap)

Magnum Contra

One fund (Sector) from
DSPML TIGER
ICICI Pru Infra

ALL INVESTMENTS THROUGH SIP

mr india
List looks good...but for now..through HDFC account you cannot invest by SIP to Birla, Sundaram funds...

As an NRI..the problems will be more if we invest direct with mutual funds.

hello everyone

even i am an nri planning to invest in MF through SIP.

i have two bank accounts,in HDFC and ICICI....could u suggest which are the MF i could take through SIP by linking to account.

also suggest the best MF even though they may not be linked though my accounts

regards
raashi